Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Riki needs you!
Topic Started: Jun 30 2017, 08:03 AM (588 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I need friends. Actually no, I need broken people to have broken relationships with my broken kids.

Hyacinth Eickenhorst

Piet Lick

Cedric Kanagagota

Edited by Riki, Jul 3 2017, 06:44 AM.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi! so my guy Gaelan Meloy like Hyacinth is also an Instagram model who spends the majority of the day making sure he looks as beautiful as possible so I'm thinking we could do something with that - maybe he and Hyacinth dated for a hot minute or maybe they hate each other's guts? Maybe the former happened and then the latter happened?

As for Piet, if he hit on Gaelan, Gaelan would be annoyed but put on a facade of "flattered but not my thing dude, you do you though". He might know Kayden Brockman, however, since he's also gay (to the point of what he calls "intrusively homosexual") and also similarly shredded so it's possible they could have been FWBs at one point?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As for Gaelan and Hyacinth I'd even propose to have them start pregame dating and then thread it out. Would at least sound like fun to me!

Kayden and Piet sounds good too. Could see an amiable relationship going with the occasional longing for physical comfort when things get lonely.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think both Bree and Roxie would despise Hyacinth. Both are actually pretty body positive in their own way.

In Roxie's case, she has a physical disability, and while she's self-confident about it, she would find Hyacinth's attitude towards "non-traditional" body types aggravating. I don't know if Hyacinth is the type to directly throw ableism into the mix by making fun of her disability or something, but even then, Roxie would still get peeved by her. Roxie dislikes bullies and injustice, so she might have butted heads with her about her viewpoints. Also, she's a goth, which may play a role in why she dislikes Hyacinth, depending on her thoughts on that subculture.

In Bree's case, they're actually not that different interests-wise, and I think they'd be friends if it weren't for her viewpoints. However, I've considered that Bree may have a thicker, curvier body type; she's athletic, but she definitely has some meat on her bones. Bree's pretty confident about it as well, but if Hyacinth says something that implies that people with her body type are unattractive... well, she wouldn't let it sit. It's entirely possible that they were on good terms in the past, but Hyacinth did something to piss her off.

Thoughts on this?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

backslash
Member Avatar
Celestial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Myles and Hyacinth could be friends, though they're probably more likely to be frenemies. I doubt they'd do much to offend each other's aesthetics but Myles is a little shit and has interests that can classify as "weird" to his more popular crowd acquaintances. He and Piet could have had a thing at some point, though Myles's reputation for being a gossip probably didn't go well with Piet's suspicion of others.

Andy's a good-looking athletic dude but is bad with girls and sometimes acts oddly to cope with his OCD so he and Hyacinth could have had a thing that ended badly or just never got off the ground. He's probably aware of Piet as a fellow athlete but not into the touching and/or getting hit on.

Dolly probably hates Hyacinth despite their shared interest in yoga because Dolly subscribes to non-mainstream aesthetics and has weird hobbies. She and Piet are probably only vaguely aware of each other.

I don't see Astor having much to do with either of them on good terms.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Kami

Hyacinth's views on this is actually a lot like 'if people know their place, all is fine'. As such, she is amiable to people trying to be beautiful, even if they don't fit traditional images as long as they 'acknowledge' that they do their best 'despite their flaws, and can never be beautiful because of them'.

If they don't, and accept themselves as beautiful as they are... well, then she becomes a bitch. So yes, the two of your kids will likely clash with Hyacinth. She for her part will see them as misguided, and petty. As to Bree in particular, a former friendship sounds like a good idea so I approve that.

@Zee

Myles/Hyacinth: Yes, that sounds good. I can see them being on semi-friendly terms, if even they both think the other is a bit of an odd case.

Myles/Piet: Agreed. I am always a sucker for former flings.

Andy/Hyacinth: Well, given Hyacinth's nature - she would have likely bailed as soon as he got too weird, so to say. Along the lines of "you are difficult. I am gonna play with my cats then."

Dolly/Hyacinth: Seems fine to me, don't think Hyacinth would take much note of Dolly though.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Riki
Jun 30 2017, 08:54 AM
As for Gaelan and Hyacinth I'd even propose to have them start pregame dating and then thread it out. Would at least sound like fun to me!
Gaelan unfortunately already has a girlfriend as of the start of pregame, but I'd be happy to do some Memories stuff with them!

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackie
Jun 30 2017, 12:15 PM
Riki
Jun 30 2017, 08:54 AM
Gaelan unfortunately already has a girlfriend as of the start of pregame, but I'd be happy to do some Memories stuff with them!
>the floor is my reading comprehension <_<

But yea, memories fine so or so xD
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
New character added!
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Violet doesn't like being touched, so she probably stays the hell away from Piet. Max sees him as a bit effeminate (like, duh) in a negative way, and is secretly disappointed that a good athlete like him has fallen into the ways of the liberal left. Max doesn't like Hyacinth either; generally, he likes women who are a bit more modest, whatever that means. Her stance against body positivism makes sense to Max, though, which earns her a few points in his book, as well as the fact that she takes care of her body and cares about her fitness. Overall a little bit conflicted.

That said, they all kinda like Cedric. He's an upstanding guy, y'know?

~~~~~ Sadly CBP looked at a SOTF character. It was so sad... such a sad character... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CrossbowPig
Jul 1 2017, 09:35 PM
Violet doesn't like being touched, so she probably stays the hell away from Piet. Max sees him as a bit effeminate (like, duh) in a negative way, and is secretly disappointed that a good athlete like him has fallen into the ways of the liberal left. Max doesn't like Hyacinth either; generally, he likes women who are a bit more modest, whatever that means. Her stance against body positivism makes sense to Max, though, which earns her a few points in his book, as well as the fact that she takes care of her body and cares about her fitness. Overall a little bit conflicted.

That said, they all kinda like Cedric. He's an upstanding guy, y'know?

Seems good to me! Hyacinth is going to have very little conflicted feelings about Max, though. She is going to see him as an arrogant jerk who's just jealous of her with that attitude.

That aside, Piet's feeling will be fairly clear too, as can be seen on the little fluff blurb I added already.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Riki, got some ideas here.

Cedric and Aliya would probably be friends through wrestling as they'd be on the team together, maybe a little dunno your choice.

Depending on how active in the LGBTQ scene Piet is Forrest would probably know him.

Bret would probably know Hyacinth since I imagine she rolls in the popular crowd like he does? Plus he's fairly all-american looking. Hyacinth probably wouldn't like Forrest too much because...well you've probably seen her appearance. Forrest is also just kinda weird if that helps.

Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cedric/Aliya: Sounds fitting to me! One thing though. For one, Cedric likely is going to have a crush on her, or something to that nature. Dunno how that'd develop and express itself in the game itself, however.

Piet/Forrest: Oh, I can imagine Piet being a regular at the functions Forrest is hosting. I am yet unsure how involved he will be in the scene, but at least he'll be present at her house parties.

Hyacinth/Bret: Yea, I can see them hanging around. Hyacinth will be fairly apathetic to him, though.

Hyacinth/Forrest: Forrest is indeed weird, probably going to weird Hyacinth out, but presumably Hyacinth will mostly react with open pity towards Forrest.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Chloe thinks Hyacinth's standards are unreasonable, and therefore nonsense. She'll say so if Hyacinth ever looks down at her for being dumpy, but otherwise I don't see them interacting much.

Joey is probably the opposite of what Cyacinth find attractive. He also has a bit of an ego and is aware of his public image, so if Hyacinth ever goes "What an ugly little man.", either explicitly or implicitly, he might hit on her just to embarrass her. That could be amusing.

As for Keith, for him, if you ain't white, you ain't right, so he'd be dismissive and calous towards Cedric if he ever had to interact with him.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Chloe thinks Hyacinth's standards are unreasonable, and therefore nonsense. She'll say so if Hyacinth ever looks down at her for being dumpy, but otherwise I don't see them interacting much.

She won't look down on Chloe, actually! Unless Chloe says something to effect of "your standards are unrealistic" directly in Hyacinth's face, then maybe yes.

Quote:

Joey is probably the opposite of what Cyacinth find attractive. He also has a bit of an ego and is aware of his public image, so if Hyacinth ever goes "What an ugly little man.", either explicitly or implicitly, he might hit on her just to embarrass her. That could be amusing.

Again, Hyacinth is the kind of person who considers herself too important to engage in such petty squabbles. Of course, if the topic of beauty is ever brought up between them she'll start being caustic. With all the consequences.

Quote:

As for Keith, for him, if you ain't white, you ain't right, so he'd be dismissive and calous towards Cedric if he ever had to interact with him.

Seems fine to me!
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply