Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who are these people?; Aura's v7 relationship thread
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 10:33 PM (400 Views)
Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aleksandra Prudius is a tall Ukranian basketball player-slash-artist-slash-musician who isn't quite sure what she wants to do with her life. She is fairly skilled in all three fields, but regularly shifts between which of her hobbies she is focused on, and ends up concentrating so deeply on whatever passion has her mind at the time that she forgets about the world around her. She is on the autism spectrum, although it took a while for her to be properly diagnosed. She dislikes loud, crowded, and busy areas, and feels uncomfortable in social situations unless she is with someone that she's very close to. Although she is a solid member of the basketball team, her socially anxious nature keeps her from being a major figure in the school. Outside of the team, she almost never hangs around large groups, preferring peaceful, quiet areas. She's definitely not the partying type, although she would probably have a few close friends.

Tony Acardi is a foster kid whose original parents lost custody when he was 9 due to neglect, which sent him on a five-year trip through the system. His rough upbringing spurred a hot temper that he had major difficulty controlling, and every few months there would be an incident hat led to his current family giving him up. It wasn't until he reached his current home that they found a way to redirect his energy in a different, more positive direction: cooking. Tony took to the kitchen like a fish to water, and with something to focus on, he became more mellow in terms of temperament, yet maintained a bombastic personality. Although his freshman year at George Hunter was spent being a terror in the halls, since e gained his new focus he has been a harmless yet always noticeable presence. In an attempt to atone for his past behavior he has tried to be a better, more supportive person, especially towards younger and weaker students, who sometimes aren't really sure what to make of him. This ambition has given him a reputation as a "bully hunter", and he has had more than a few confrontations with the meaner members of the school's population over the years. Most of his afternoons are spent working at a local Mexican restaurant, but when not on the clock, he can often be seen hanging out with his friends.

Kyle Harrison is a religious Christian with a worldview far too bright for his own good. His parents are charity organizers who are wholly devoted to their job, and he drew most of his personality traits from them. Believing that the highest achievement one can reach is helping others in any way they can, Kyle decided that he wants to be a doctor. Not only that, but he wants to find cures for as many diseases as possible. He has no desire to become famous for his work, he just genuinely wants to make the world a better, healthier place. As one would expect from his lofty ambitions, he is very intelligent, and his constant studying only makes him smarter. In contrast to his brain is his physical stature, which is short and scrawny with glasses to correct his poor vision. In terms of personality, Kyle is friendly, open-minded, and talkative... very talkative. He is also extremely earnest, perhaps too much so. His perpetual desire to be helpful has actually caused a few people to view him as an annoying pest who should just leave them alone.

Saffron Fields is a dancer who was born with the index and ring fingers of her left hand paralyzed, causing them to be constantly curled towards her palm. Outwardly friendly and outgoing, she is quite sensitive about her disabled hand and does many subtle things to draw people's attention away from it, such as fixing her hair in a wild new style or wearing shorts to show off her legs. Although her disposition is usually quite sunny, she has a sour side that is revealed when annoyed or harassed. She started dancing as yet another way to make people stop noticing her hand, but she quickly fell in love with the art. Her intense focus on her training has made a her very technically proficient, and she may well be one of the best performers of her craft in her grade. At the moment, she is studying after school at a local contemporary dance studio, and she hopes to sign on with a production company after graduating.

If you think any of your characters would have anything to do with any of these four, feel free to say so!

Relationships
Edited by Aura, Oct 17 2017, 06:10 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aleksandra seems nice enough and her struggle with a disorder that impacts her ability to function day-to-day strikes a chord (pun totally intended) with my dyslexic musician, Justin. Pretty much the definition of 'good ol' country boy', Justin excels at one-on-one friendships and just talking to people. Plus, he'll bring club sandwiches whenever they go to the park.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Andy Silverman likely knows Alexsandra through both basketball and music, and might identify with her a bit too as his struggle with obsessive-compulsive disorder has affected his life and relationships.

Myles Roux could clash with Kyle, as Myles is somewhat resentful of his more academically-gifted peers, and Kyle constantly trying to help him with schoolwork or other things would probably read to Myles as him rubbing it in.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bret would probably get on well with Kyle since Kyle's a nice person and Bret is an alrightish person.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Max takes an interest in this Aleksandra girl. She's an athlete that stays away from large social gatherings, is very passionate about what she does, and is relatively quiet compared to others somewhat like her. The only criticism he would have of her is that she doesn't stick well enough to what she wants to do - a classical "dabbler" as outlined in the Republic - but otherwise he'd likely want to be friends with her.

Lucas is one of those folks who doesn't know how to feel about Tony. The switch from terror to advocate is probably too suspect for Lucas to regard it as anything but calculated, and yet the results are probably too much for him to ignore.

Finally, Kyle sounds like the kind of person that Violet would get along well with. She'd take extra care to hide the occult stuff from him, out of fear of spoiling his religious beliefs. There aren't any extra feelings here beyond pure friendliness on Violet's part. I hope this dynamic works well.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@CrossbowPig

Yeah, all of those sound pretty good! I'll send you a PM to talk more about it.

Characters

Posted Image

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ned is a very talkative guy, as well. It'd funny to see him and Kyle keep up with each other in a conversation.

Also, maybe Kyle and Yuki could have a study session sometime.

Zach would probably make loud noises to bug Aleksandra.

Tony might have to have a talk with Zach, if you catch my drift.
Art

Character Concepts

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmmmm. I think Cleo would have a ton of respect for Aleksandra, they're both athletes working through their own barriers and she's blown away by people who are multi-talented when she's so razor-focused. I think they'd get along just fine. She likely thinks Tony's kinda cute but...she's got a mouth and a temper and a tendency to fire off at people who push her nerves, so she might fall in with the bullies for him and leave things kinda strained. Probably gets along alright with Kyle, she's loosely Christian and likes his optimism at the very least.

Blaise has no time for anybody who can't commit to their art so Aleksandra breezes right past their radar. They definitely fall under Tony's bully radar, they're rude and manipulative and really don't care about other people's feelings, plus I think it'd add fuel to the fire that they find any attempt by Tony to call them out hypocritical and they have no qualms about saying so. Hoo boy could we have some fun there. They'd consider Kyle quite naive, but that would require thinking about him at all, and they don't.

I don't think Hel runs in close enough circles with any of your folks to have real feelings with them. If Andy knows Aleksandra Hel probably knows her in orbit and they might be loosely connected in that way. Hel's also not super super private about her more weird and witchy beliefs these days and I dunno how Kyle would react to that, if at all?

Jeremiah feels a kinda weird kinship with Tony that is tinged with really fucking intense jealousy that he managed to break the cycle and find a home when he hasn't. Just a lot of respect and envy and sadness and hate and hope all rolled up into a ball there. I feel like it could be interesting to see them interact though I'm not entirely sure where their relationship would be?

Damian at least knows of Aleksandra and likes her a whole lot from the sounds of it. I think he also likes Kyle; I'm playing with adding some religious themes to him and Damian has a lot of optimism in his soul even if its tinged with a need for justice and protection. To get real pretentiously poetic, the sword to Kyle's plowshare if you will. I could see them having a lot of deep philosophical conversations together and Damian respecting/envying the brightness of his worldview.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Updated with a new concept!

Saffron Fields is a dancer who was born with the index and ring fingers of her left hand paralyzed, causing them to be constantly curled towards her palm. Outwardly friendly and outgoing, she is quite sensitive about her disabled hand and does many subtle things to draw people's attention away from it, such as fixing her hair in a wild new style or wearing shorts to show off her legs. Although her disposition is usually quite sunny, she has a sour side that is revealed when annoyed or harassed. She started dancing as yet another way to make people stop noticing her hand, but she quickly fell in love with the art. At the moment, she is studying after school at a local contemporary dance studio, and she hopes to sign on with a production company after graduating.

If you think that any of your characters would be friends or foes with Saffron or any of my other characters previously posted, then feel free to leave a message either in the thread, in PMs, or on Discord, depending on your preference.

Characters

Posted Image

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
kids incoming

Aleksandra- I feel like her and Nia would get along. She hates loud and busy places and tends to befriend people with varied interests, and she's a very good listener. Plus she'd love to talk about whatever interest Aleksandra is into at that given moment, since that's how she gets to learn new things herself. And also Dante has totally flirted with her at some point.

Tony- He annoys the hell out of Ivy. Obstacles to her continuously waged war of information on the student body are Not to be tolerated. Axel's a foster kid and definitely still in his rebellious phase, I can kinda imagine them having being friends as freshmen and now Axel thinks Tony's kind of a square.

Kyle- Him and Ian are totally friends. They're both sweet and good and religious and yes they must be friends. Ian tries very hard to protect his small nerd friend. On the other hand oh boy does he annoy Ivy big time. He probably irritates Axel too to a lesser extent.

Saffron- (points at Dante and makes vague hand gestures) Also Nia often gravitates toward other kids with disabilities because they're less likely to be weird about Her disability, so maybe they ended up at least friendly?
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

Dr. Adjective
Member Avatar
We've given everything we can,
[ * ]
Hello, it is I!
...me!

Anyway. Ideas.

Aleksandra!
I figure she might get on with Heather. They're both sporty, artistic and kind of antisocial, though Heather losing her temper might bother Aleksandra? And she might not really realise? Hard to say really. She may also know Akiem tangentially, and he's nice to her like he is to everyone, but I don't imagine them being anything more than acquaintances.

Tony!
With respect to Heather this relationship could go to one of two extremes, I think, they'd certainly have had a fair few altercations in the past, particularly when she was earlier on in her therapy and less good at reining in her temper. As such they either still hate each other's guts, or have seen each other mature in parallel and become inexplicable vitriolic best buds, perhaps mutually appreciating each other's choice of venting strategy. Either way Heather would certainly respect his heroic bent. Similarly Akiem would respect his looking out for the little guy approach and back him up if he happens to be around, though otherwise I don't see much common ground between them.

Kyle!
Lovely, kind, Jesus-loving sweetheart? Akiem's all over this, Kyle is Good People and there's a good chance Akiem has volunteered in something Kyle's folks worked on. He'd absolutely appreciate his earnest helpful streak too. Heather probably just finds him annoying, may likely have said something vicious in the past that she now regrets.

Saffron... I got nothing just yet. But that might change when pregame actually starts, if I get to interact with her!
V7 Ideas

Posted Image
No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Abaynesh and Tony might end up being somewhat uneasy cooking buddies! Adele and Kelly might both be pretty good friends with Kyle, while Keisha thinks of him as an annoying pest, but a pest with kinda good intentions. Maybe Janie and Saffron know each other? IDK why, but why not?
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Regarding Saffron:

If she comes into contact with theater club, Ned might be friendly enough to get along with her.

Zach, being the little jerk he is, would probably try giving her grief over her hand. That's probably a surefire way to bring out Saffron's bad side.
Art

Character Concepts

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just made a few minor fixes, most notably being Tony's surname being changed to one that I think rolls much better off the tongue.

But anyway, feel free to ask about any character relationships!

Characters

Posted Image

Frozen Smoke
Member Avatar
Restored from Cryogenic sleep
[ *  * ]
Following on from what we talked about in chat, I don't think Faith's humour would skate well with Alek', though being someone who's on the spectrum myself I have to admit I find what I write Faith saying funny (even if I wouldn't say it myself). Faith'd at least try and be respectful and not shit on her unduly though, especially given that she actually does kinda cool shit - the music and basketball being something Faith could dig. Unless they've known each other from a while back, I don't see them interacting much outside of occasional "Hi"'s at school. Acquaintances, perhaps?

Tony is probably someone who might find Faith's attitude off putting, especially given his own short temper and hate of the kind of people Faith associates with. Kinda person Faith would drop a few particularly mean jokes at the expense of if she's trying to impress someone if I'm honest, especially as he's outside of the 'ingroup' she respects. Doubt that would go over well at all, though Faith wouldn't really 'hate' Tony from her perspective unless he decided to do something to get even with her. Which could be interesting in and of itself.

Faith absolutely digs the whole "doing the best for people" thing that Kyle has going on and they might know each other from going to the same church (though Faith dropped out of that mostly in the past few years). She's someone who's very independent and would actively tell him that she wants to sort a lot of things out on her own, and explain why she thinks that's important to him. If he continues to pressure her with help even after having that talk (as I think he might), she's going to tell him to take a long walk off a short cliff.

Saffron is someone I don't think Faith would come in contact with at all, sadly. If you have any ideas though, I'd be interested.
V7 Stuff!

Criticism or thoughts on my writing are welcome and appreciated - always looking to improve!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply