Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
party don't start til I walk in; The relationship thread, woo
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 09:46 PM (1,310 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Myles Roux: Gossipy weeb who loves horror movies and shows, reality TV, and J-rock. He spent most of his middle school years drifting between social groups before cementing himself as vaguely part of the popular crowd but not a staple. Known for being a rumor mill and for having a lot of short relationships. Not very emotionally open to most people but amiable enough on the surface, often called fake or two-faced, and somewhat petty and resentful of those more privileged than him. Pansexual, with a tendency to get deeply attached and idealize a partner before it all falls apart because they can't live up to what he makes them in his head. Planning to go to college for film design and special effects.

Looking for:
-Gossip buddies and weeb/horror/reality show friends
-Former friends from past social circles
-Current/former partners (may or may not still have a good relationship)
-Enemies/gossip victims
-A tutoring buddy or two, I forgot to put this in but he gets peer tutoring

Relationships

Andy Silverman: Guitarist and basketball player, has a garage band, collects and builds miniatures, is going to be the very best, like no one ever was. Struggling with obsessive-compulsive disorder and somewhat tense family ties. Comes from a military family, and both his parents and older brother enlisted. Had to repeat his freshman year due to issues related to his OCD, something he tries to keep to himself and close friends. Has an intense personality; charismatic and somewhat temperamental, and easily goaded into taking risks for the sake of keeping face. Looking to try and make it on his own as a musician rather than going to college or the military, which concerns his parents and has caused some tension. Straight but not very good with girls.

Looking for:
-Basketball teammates and other friends
-Enemies (clashing personalities, someone getting on his case for acting weird and/or threatening his ego, etc.)
-Girls he has been unfortunate around
-Other military brat kids whose families might know his

Relationships

Dolly Upton: History and true crime buff, fan of Lolita fashion, into the occult and supernatural for funsies more than out of real belief, member of the school choir. Comes from a well-off family consisting of her parents and younger sister, with whom she has a good relationship. Generally nice but reserved, comes off as somewhat creepy and odd due to her interests and her cool manner. Has aspirations of opening an Etsy store and maybe eventually launching her own fashion line of Lolita-style clothes at more affordable prices than major Lolita designers offer. Going to some kind of college for business and fashion design. Dating a girl but not quite at the point of being sure of her sexuality yet.

Looking for:
-Fashion, history, and spooky friends
-Fellow choir kids
-People who she has put off for whatever reason/other enemies
-A possible past boyfriend or two

Relationships

Astor Maradona: Graffiti and street art enthusiast, social activist, part-time tango instructor. Mixed Hispanic Latino and Afro-Latino with a strong sense of cultural pride instilled by his parents. Big friendly dude, likes to just chill or go do some urban exploration. Has a younger twin brother (written by Paige) with whom he is very close. Straight and a bit flirty, but not really after a relationship. NOW BELONGS TO INGE.

Looking for:
-Friends to go tagging with, others with shared interests
-Maybe a lady friend or two where joking flirting has gotten a little too serious
-Enemies, probably anybody who is on bad terms with his bro is also on bad terms with him

Relationships

Mercy Ames: Small cute girl who has a chip on her shoulder about being small and cute because she feels like people don't take her seriously thanks to her appearance and interests. Cheerleader, writes poetry and enjoys baking and photography. She has recently decided to take up a combat sport like MMA in the hopes that it would give her a more serious reputation, but she's pretty bad at it so far. Generally tsundere and critical of both herself and others.

Looking for:
-Fellow cheerleaders and fighters
-Anyone who shares her hobbies
-People who have teased or picked on her for seeming cutesy and/or weak (could be good-natured or actual bullying)
-People she doesn't get along with due to her attitude

Relationships

Siyanda Nagi: Member of the school concert band and jazz ensemble, attends GSA stuff though ze isn't otherwise super involved, and tutors for money, mainly in math and physics. Ze doesn't have much of a social life at the moment due to running zirself ragged with work, school, and extracurriculars, but ze does have friends in the band and GSA. Has a bunch of question marks for a romantic/sexual orientation and would rather just moonwalk out of the room rather than respond to someone flirting with zem. Likes animals more than people. Prettier than you.

Looking for:
-Fellow band/music kids
-Fellow members of the GSA/LGBTQ society
-Friends ze might be neglecting due to being busy
-Maybe someone who got stonewalled and/or confused terror in response to flirting

Relationships
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Beating the shit out of Myles.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Jun 29 2017, 10:00 PM
like your character or you personally
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
so my girl Mikki Swift totally wants to jump Andy's bones and possibly fail a relationship with him is that okay
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
backslash
Jun 29 2017, 10:04 PM
MK Kilmarnock
Jun 29 2017, 10:00 PM
like your character or you personally
Shhhh don't think too hard.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ned and Myles could bond over anime.
Art

Character Concepts

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

so my girl Mikki Swift totally wants to jump Andy's bones and possibly fail a relationship with him is that okay

This is good, yes. I'm all about relationship disasters.

Quote:

Ned and Myles could bond over anime.

Myles is less into anime than he used to be but they could still have a friendship harking back to that and other weeb things!
Characters

Others

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Myles and Forrest could potentially be exes, it probably got awkward. Same thing probably happened with Andy potentially.

Bret probably dislikes Myles for a lot of what you have listed as his hobbies.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
D O N T S T O P M A K E I T P O P D J B L O W M Y S P E A K E R S U P

anyways

Possibilities for Demetri and Myles. Could have been former friends in middle school if Myles would have hung around with his sorts of crowds, like, playing cards or listening to punk and going to local band concerts, that sort of thing. Demetri could informally tutor Myles in a Math class if they're currently friendly, or, since Myles has the pulse of the school's grape vine he might have a more complete picture of Demetri's leanings and get grossed out by him and evacuate. Whichever combo of those things might work?

For Andy, hm. Might do casual afterschool games of basketball or smth now and again. Andy's personality is the sort that would drop Demetri into his orbit, occasionally Demetri would like ride into battle beside Andy or something and they could do stupid manly shit together for no reason. Also mutually sympathetic because of the problems with girls... unless you think Andy would puzzle out 'oh shit Demetri's a /pol/ type' and run like fuck, your call.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Chloe could have done some maths tutoring for Myles, I guess. Keith would dislike Astor for being Afro-Latino; being a social activist and having cultural pride would just be insult to injury. He's unlikely to just walk up to him and confront him, though, Astor being large enough to take a swing at him. Mild jeering might still occur if he's got strength of numbers.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
I get the feeling that Dolly would be pretty into gothic lolita fashion, and that would be up Yuka's alley. Although Dolly's more into clothes while Yuka's more into makeup, I feel they could complement each other and get on well with each other.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Cicada I quite like the idea of a former friendship between Myles and Demitri (and if Demitri happened to tick Myles off or something, Myles wouldn't be above letting slip about a few unsavory things Demitri might have said in the past, which might have contributed to their splitting). Depending on []i]how[/i] open Demitri is with off-color jokes and such, he and Andy might not get along on the basis of Demitri probably touching on a few of Andy's personal sore spots. If he's a little more chill about it though, they could probably do stupid stunts together from time to time.

@Malloon Chloe could be one of Myles's current or former tutors. Astor and Keith would certainly not get along, also.

@Maraoone Dolly and Yuka would probably get on well at least in the area of that mutual interest, I can see them being friends.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
and Deamon because I missed him

Between Myles and Andy I feel that Andy would have better chemistry with Forrest. I'm kind of feeling awkward post-breakup friendship between them? Let me know what you think.

Myles is already enemies with Wyatt so he'd likely be enemies with Bret as well.
Characters

Others

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awkward post-breakup friendship between Andy and Forrest works for me.

Yeah fuck Myles...weirdo.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Zach would probably try and prank Andy to test the limits of his temperment.

Art

Character Concepts

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply