Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[put frog emoji here]; wow look it's Kermit's relationships thread
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 09:32 PM (650 Views)
Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Malloon
I'm gonna downplay Max's Catholic!Hate to keep him from becoming a stereotype, so he'll probably only have issues with Joey when he plays up his Catholicism.

@Maraoone (gah why are your names to similar)
Lee and Max would probably be friendly with each other, provided that Lee doesn't get too vocal with his views

@Brackie While Max doesn't have any particular issues with the fact that Kayden is gay, he does take issue with his uber-openness about it.
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Maybe Val and Yuki can have a study session.
Art

Character Concepts

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
PERMIT the KERMIT

Okay so Demetri. I could see Valerija going all >:( at him given his associations alone (Max, so on), maybe not to such a degree and he's never directly given her a reason to speak up barring a particularly horrific line/joke. On my end he probably wouldn't know she exists save staring at her a bit in passing, shrug. Maxwell and Demetri could go to the same congregation maybe? They could be cool dudes, childhood friends sort, maybe Max is a bit worried for Demetri's current path in life if he's in the know but 'he's an upstanding church goer' so Demetri might get a bit of a pass. They both seem a bit more on the passive end so I guess they generally wouldn't trouble each other so much?

Then Beryl. I could see an interesting past interaction between Beryl and Michael where they could possibly have been bio buddies due to sharing a class and intellectual respect of one another but Michael definitely realizes Beryl's a weird one so he freezes her out. Rejects, etc, until she gets the hint and stops trying to befriend him. And Val and Beryl have the political/academic/gender axis more or less on mutual lock, so they could be decent friends. Perhaps Val gets disappointed in Beryl's more passive and accepting nature with some of the school's worse-er folks.
V7

V6 - Like you imagined when you... were young...

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Ryuki
Good idea! I was actually thinking of something along those lines.

@Cicada
you do not have a kermit permit

Val's probably like, always severely annoyed at Demetri whenever he's around. Val's best friend (Jordan) and Demetri have a mutual crush, so I'm thinking they'd at least kind of know who each other are. I can see Max and Demetri being like, church bros, or something like that.

I can see Michael and Beryl's friendship originating in a class where Michael had no friends, but he sat near Beryl and they ended up being friends for that one class. Michael probably doesn't actively pursue their friendship, but he still values it. Beryl reminds Michael of himself if he didn't put on a facade. Val and Beryl are probably, like, friendly acquaintances. Val's probably actually okay w/ Beryl's passiveness; Val believes that if everyone was as vocal with their opinions as she (Val) was, then everyone would just spend all of their time yelling at each other.
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Valerjia and Hel get along reasonably well, I'd say. They're both hella liberal and she seems like someone who would be on the debate team. Hel's more of a moderate than she is but as long as that doesn't cause clash then I'd say they work together and have lots of neato political discussions.

Damian and Valerjia are even better suited for each other since he's also a pretty heavy activist and wants to get involved in world politics someday to affect change. Maybe they even team up Wonder Twins style for some political shenanigans in the school from time to time. Oh hey, Maxwell is a football dude who's not a complete asshole. Damian likes him on principle!

Valerjia utterly terrifies Babs just like everyone involved with politicky stuff so expect a lot of scurrying in the other direction whenever she starts to go in on it.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[nvm]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Relationships have been finally fucking edited!

i make art i think????

Fenris
Member Avatar
head shot (drank)
[ *  *  *  * ]
how am i still missing so many threads there are SO MANY THREADS anyway

Valerija: Ivy is irritated by her. Not even in a particularly rational way, just, like, dislike. Also Dante has hit on her cause he does that.

Maxwell: Ian is absolutely friends with him, because they're both on the football team and because they're both just, like, super nice. AND they share the whole loving Jesus thing. So yes. Definitely friends. (he's Methodist specifically if that matters lol) Ivy is totally nice to him but boy does the niceness of most of the football team grate on her nerves. Dante doesn't like talk a whole lot about his religion specifically, but he Is a super devout Catholic who wears his rosary beads everywhere, so there's That.

this was shorter than i expected but yeah!! if you have any other ideas let me know!
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ARUGAUGAHGAHG FENRIS I DIDN'T SEE YOU POSTED HERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

helo

Aight, so I'm thinking Val might have a bit of a crush on Dante or something i guess i dunno. Also Max probably gets mildly annoyed w/ Dante's rosary-wearing, but that's about it. Everything else sounds good to me.

i make art i think????

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright Blermit, here we go (that's your name now).

Methinks Michael would probably be casual friends with Morgan and Ross. Morgan's a practical joker and Ross gets along with pretty much everyone and is laid back, so make of that what you will.

Maxwell and Connor probably get along pretty well. Connor isn't as churchy as Max, but since he's trying to become Mr. NFL, he's not one to say anything too objectionable, so they're probably bros. Conversely, Brock probably likes Max too, but Brock isn't really smart enough to hold much of a conversation with him, especially regarding his beliefs, so Maxwell probably pities him a bit.

Val probably knows Morgan because he's all "long last name" and all, but she's quiet and he's a class clown/joker-type, so not sure how she'd find that.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

MaskedMountain
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Estela Cardoso would almost certainly take an interest in Valerija, as they are both outspoken liberals looking to change the world.
V7 Soon to die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply