Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
a boring relationship thread name here; brackie's whacky pack shack
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 08:38 PM (1,224 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's my v7 kids so far, summaries taken from the concept thread but always subject to change:

Colour legend

Gaelan Meloy
Who is Gaelan?: Aspiring model, Instagram popular, health-and-fitness obsessed, Gaelan approaches the world in a very cynical manner, under the mother-taught belief that most of anyone who became popular or elite got there by stepping and pushing down the people beneath them. As such he has a lot of hangups around class and social status, compounded by his own upbringing and home life. Raised by his single mother who manages an alt clothing store, Gaelan was taught work ethic from an early age and keeps himself from being taken advantage of - he works hard to craft a certain image of himself, that of one of the "beautiful people", which tends to make him look and feel distant and unapproachable. However, his friends all tend to be social outcasts and misfits, those outside the norm, and he abhors anyone who would generally fit in with the shallow popular people he so despises. While his taste in women tends to lean towards the shallow side, this is only so he has an excuse to treat them as disposable - what he really wants is someone who, just like him, thinks deeply about a lot of things and understands him. His default mode is "acerbic".

What's he looking for?: Friends, enemies (either people who hate him or people Gaelan will hate~), possibly any fellow models he can trade tips and stuff with.

relationships

Ji-hyun "Jiji" Christensen
Who is Jiji?: Artsy boho Korean Buddhist hipster chick into peace, altruism and charity. She created a happy go lucky manic pixie persona of herself which she upholds to keep herself happy and stable after a rough childhood of army base traversing and tiger parenting where she desperately needed outlets, and found them through her Buddhism, art, and charity, making herself essentially a happier version of her unsettling sister. Said sister is run by Cicada. Her default mode is "cheerful".

What's she looking for?: Fellow artist friends! If anyone thinks they'd dislike her or bully her as well please let that be known because that'd be fun.

relationships

Djuradja "Jordan" Miroslava Brankovich
Who is Jordan?: Tomboy into hockey, derby, and geek culture, Jordan stands out in a crowd because of her tall stature and pink hair. She's big into her family and taking care of her younger siblings, who are several years younger than her. She's also a bit of a big Tumblr user as well, has a blog she updates several times a day with stuff she calls "aesthetic". She also tends to try and fight for her personal politics and things she believes in socially, but the thing is she isn't very good at putting an argument together or thinking her thoughts through. A lot of the time she ends up choosing the strangest hills to die on. Her default mode is "jealous".

What's she looking for?: Fellow geek friends she gets along with, teammates from hockey and/or derby, bullies who find her easy to pick on, and maybe boys she can crush on despite them being way out of her league!

relationships

Michaeliea "Mikki" Swift
Who is Mikki?: Named by a parent on too much pain medication after too many hours in labour, Michaeliea, or Mikki, is an aspiring DJ and herpetology enthusiast. She's been composing as long as she can remember and ended up in an all-girl group of which she's the defacto leader because she's the only one with discipline and drive. Goes through boyfriends like [insert something that gets used a lot here] because she has unrealistic expectations of what goes into a relationship and she's either constantly disappointed by them or she's constantly not putting enough effort in. Her default mode is "annoyed".

What's she looking for?: Acquaintances she knows through parties! Friends whom she occasionally hangs out with! Ex-boyfriends, with whom the relationship fell apart for whatever reason (bonus points if they look like the music teacher she had a misguided crush on when she was 15)! A girl she kissed at a party once! Music rivals who think all electronic stuff is shit but they're a stupid philistine so GTFO!

relationships

Kayden Brockman
Who is Kayden?: Gay guy raised by a lesbian couple who does whatever the hell he wants damn the consequences. Not so much flamboyant as full of life, Kayden is an unbreakable force to be reckoned with who exists purely to intrude upon heteronormative society and break down what he perceives as barriers, which somewhat puts him at risk in the southern city but he knows how to keep himself safe so he does what he wants anyway - he plays football, works out heavily at the gym, is a huge LGBTQIA+ bolster although he's not without his problematic opinions on race (to clarify after numerous misconceptions despite explanations - he is not an out-and-out racist who hates all PoC. His only race opinions are a) he's not attracted to Black/Asian/Middle-Eastern guys which he thinks is fine because it's "just a preference", and b) he's unknowledgable about intersectional activism and thinks being gay is the same for everyone regardless of race/social standing. And these are things he keeps to themselves so your character will not know about them unless he has explicitly told them). His default mode is "care-free".

What's he looking for?: Honestly? He's a blank slate at the moment, so if you feel like your character would know him in any way or you have any ideas, just say the word.

relationships

if I've made plans/relationships with you and I've forgotten feel free to let me know via angrily worded comment or chat PM
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think some time ago we discussed Jordan and Bree disliking each other? Am I correct on this? Even if I'm wrong, I'm still willing to have them hate on each other. It'll be fun. : D

I might think of more stuff later.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cicada and I discussed Andy knowing Gyu-ri and Jiji due to similar family military backgrounds, and the two of them would probably be friendly with each other.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Kami: I believe we did! We might have had it more of a one-sided hatred with Jordan hating Bree while Bree being unaware that Jordan existed or had a problem with her, so what sounds best to you?

@backslash: teeeeen-hut!

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Aw yeah I see the Lucas/Jiji stuff is already on the road to being an awkwardness clusterfumble that everyone involved finds semi disagreeable and wishes they could rewind time to fix :thumbsup:

But other than that, here's a few ideas:

Max does not like Jordan, and finds her 'arguments' very easy to put down with simple logic loops. No, not just that; Max purposefully runs shitty and extreme arguments just to fuck with her because he finds it amusing. In Max's mind, Jordan's a special kind of stupid.

If Mikki ever kissed Violet at a party, which is super unlikely, Violet would probably spend the rest of the night locked in the bathroom and panicking, and I know it's not likely to happen but the idea of it was super funny in my head.

Lucas...probably finds Kayden somewhat annoying with how vocal he is. The other kids also get on his nerves too, Gaelan the least, but with him it's more like jealousy. The only exception to that rule, is already known.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
Lee would probably have an uneasy relationship with Kayden. Like, he's his teammate, so he has to have at least some level of respect for him, but Lee's family is rather conservative in their views, so he probably wouldn't be all too comfortable with Kayden's sexuality or how he expresses it. Also, I'm curious as to his problematic opinions on race, because that may push Lee's relationship with him from uneasy to downright hostile (or as hostile as can be without interfering with the team).
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Permission for Jordan to be one of Demetri's current crushes?

And hm, just off the top of my head? Something a bit unusual could be that Kayden's extremely strong arm no-prisoners approach to life might have impressed Demetri some as they worked out in the same place and talked a bit or something. So like Demetri is obviously hellaciously white bread but he'd actually endorse Kayden's goals and endeavors because of his attitude about them. Sort of like Demetri having a casual friend he can point at to say 'hey I don't have a problem with gay folk' when he's still quietly problematic.

The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

@Kami: I believe we did! We might have had it more of a one-sided hatred with Jordan hating Bree while Bree being unaware that Jordan existed or had a problem with her, so what sounds best to you?

Honestly, both work for me! I think that, if Bree ever picks up on Jordan's hatred of her, she'd be like "what's her problem? :/" and maybe throw some barbs back. I do like the idea that Bree either doesn't care as much or doesn't even pick up on it, though.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@CBP: Sounds good re:Jordan's arguing! I'd be down to pre-game a Mikki/Violet thing during an already popping party thread if you are! And everybody can be annoyed by Lucas!

@Maraoone:
Quote:

Also, I'm curious as to his problematic opinions on race, because that may push Lee's relationship with him from uneasy to downright hostile (or as hostile as can be without interfering with the team).
It's pretty much just that he's only attracted to white and white passing guys, which he thinks is okay because it's "just a preference", it's nothing like being an out and proud racist in terms of actually interacting with straight people (he does consider himself pretty liberal apart from that one problematic bit), so just thought I'd clarify!

@Cicada: Permission granted! Shall it be a one-sided crush at the moment or just two awkward kids milling about unsure about how to approach each other? Both sound delicious :3

Kayden can also exist to be Demetri's token!

@Kami: I say let's go with the one-sided thing! High school sure is full of those things :o

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jiji and Nate can def be art buddies! He might find her personality a little too overwhelming, but it's nothing he can't handle. Nate can also sympathize with the tiger parenting.

I can also see Jordan and Nate getting along, and as long as Jordan's okay w/ some of the more dubious (i.e. gay furry) content on his blog, they could possibly also be Tumblr mutuals. It def helps that they both lean liberal.

Mikki and Isra would be familiar with each other through the party scene, and they'd likely either bond or have a playful rivalry over being in different musical groups.

They probably wouldn't talk to each other, but Nate would likely admire Kayden's confidence in his sexuality from afar, and may also be a little jealous of it. I'm not sure how public his racism is, but it'd probably put him off if he knew.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
all sounds good to me! I've put them all into the respective relationships except for Nate/Kayden whose thing doesn't seem to have any interaction so I've left it off, but you can put it down on your end and I will definitely keep it in mind!

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Can't think of many relationships between my characters and yours, except perhaps one: What's worse than a nazi lickspittle? Maybe an actual (neo-)nazi? Jordan, meet Keith and his gang.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ooooooooo dear xD what better way to send Jordan out of her league than that? I can't imagine.

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cleo's arms are not long enough for the jerk-off motion that is in her soul every time she sees Gaelan. Homegirl is so not into his type and is not shy about letting them know it. She'd be way into Jordan though and probably crush on her a bit, though I don't think she'd act on it at all.

Blaise is over the goddamn moon for Gaelan and they are always looking for him to model new designs or ideas they have. He's exactly the sort of person they adore and I think they could have a very productive relationship, probably even a fling or two in the past. There are very, very few people who hit the right notes to have not only their attention but their admiration, and I think Gaelan is exactly that. I think they probably tease Jiji from time to time but mostly get along and enjoy their energy. They are mercilessly critical to Jordan forever and ever and ever. Probably way, way into Kayden as "let's burn this heteronormative bullshit to the fucking ground" buds since that is Blaise's aesthetic to the tee.

Hel loves Jiji and loves spending time around her. I don't think they have a lot of interests that connect or see each other often, but I just get this picture of them talking from time to time and Hel just getting real jazzed and inspired. She likes Jordan a lot too, they could be geeky friends and Hel has just all the sympathy in the world for her tendency to choose random hills to die on. Mikki is interesting here because I think Hel wants to like her but finds her a little too extra and demanding for her laidback lifestyle. I could absolutely see them kissing at a party one time though and Hel never, ever bringing it up. She's got complicated as fuuuck feelings about Kayden because she's self-conscious about both her trans and pan identities and while she's happy to be supportive and stand up for people she also doesn't want to draw too much attention and has a dysphoria thing where she worries being around someone like him too much is likely to increase her chances of getting clocked, so there's tension in any interactions there.

Gaelan gives Jeremiah very complicated feelings that he doesn't know what to do with. He's extremely jealous of Kayden's clear sense of self-identity and probably quietly looks up to him to a degree that may or may not be picked up on. He finds Jiji's high positivity aura to be hella grating because he is The Saddst Boy(TM)

Damian finds Kayden to be a refreshing alternative to all the other football douchebros with their toxic masculine bullshit and de facto always sides with him in any arguments he sees between them regardless of whether he knows anything about the situation or not >.>
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Brackie
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Let's break it DOWN!...(by character)

GAELAN:
- Oh yes, Cleo would have no access to Gaelan's inner world and as such would definitely be at odds with him. He'd be unperturbed by this, however, as he has learned to be by most people who have a problem with him, and while he would occasionally treat her with some basic courtesy in social situations he'd probably default to being just as salty to her as she is to him.
- Blaise is definitely someone Gaelan would hang out with, and most likely someone he would have had a fling with in the past, but this would have to have been in the period where he pretty much only pursued shallow girls to date, conquer and subsequently dump, and Blaise has far too much visible self-esteem for him to want to pull that on them so they probably had sex once or twice but remained just as good friends after as they were before. It's because of this and the general way that they hold themselves that Gaelan would also have the rare respect of their personal boundaries not to ask about their identity/sexuality if they're not up for going into detail.
- complicated feelings are a GO for teh sadd boy

JIJI:
- Blaise has the same sort of energy that Jiji wants and tries to emanate herself, and could definitely be on good terms with them, but as much she tries to be all-knowing and spiritual and empathetic to everyone and stuff I can still see her having intrusively asked about the whole identity/sexuality thing as, since she lives in a closed-minded Republican home, it's something she's not exactly used to.
- Yeah Hel doesn't exactly share a lot (or any) interests with Jiji but in social situations that see them put together they'd get along pretty well.
- Jiji loves being cluelessly grating! (well, I do, not sure what she feels about it)

JORDAN:
- oh yeah if Cleo ever acted on her crush Jordan would be HELLA FREAKED OUT 'cause she's not even had one guy openly say they're into her let along a GURL.
- Blaise can join the club of everyone else who's endlessly critical of Jordan and everything she stands for! at least this one's not a literal nazi c:
- Jordan + Hel = very goodest buds! it'll be nice to have someone on her side when she goes off on another doomed tangent about whatever ^_^

MIKKI:
- Hel has the correct feelings about Mikki, although Mikki's party kissings are pretty public "middle-of-the-dancefloor-to-get-attention-from-guys" sort of deals so if she's not down for that lemme know

KAYDEN:
- Iunno if I'm being forward but I can see Blaise/Kayden being like pretty much the BEST of friends because who else at that age has such solid politics around heteronormative culture besides those two? certainly not the majority of the football team >_>
- I can't see Kayden registering Hel on his radar much because as much as his position as a visible gay on the football team lends itself to setting an example for gay kids and outcasts and stuff he's a bit too vain and obsessed over image to ever really interact with them unless they're a really hot goth guy or something, so a one-sided social thing where they sort of unloads baggage onto him while he's blissfully unaware there's a problem sounds like a sweet deal?
- in the same way he'd probably be aware that Jeremiah exists but try to put him out of his mind because, well, blue kids who don't speak are fucking weird.
- Kayden, finally, would treat Damian /very/ well for the way they interact because as much as he postures himself as the unflappable homo he is always desperately in search of an island of commonality in terms of how he interacts with the douchebros on the football team and would most likely return the favour if Damian needed it in some way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply