Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Laur's Gallery; Wanted: Relationships of All Kinds
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 08:17 PM (686 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's my V7 crew, taken from the concepts thread:

Emeka "Meka" Gibson

Katrina Lavell

Tanisha Abbey

I'm really looking for anything with these kids. Friends, enemies, lovers, you name it. If you think it'd be fun to RP, say it and I'll consider it.
Edited by Laurels, Dec 15 2017, 05:40 PM.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Meka and Lucas could, through their writing, have some sort of rapport built through being critique partners/each other's beta readers in some regard. Lucas is also left leaning, politically, though not quite as active, so that's generally a topic they'd likely empathize over. Violet might be friends with him too, as they're both pretty nice kids.

Max probably doesn't like any of your kids though, even if he's decently quiet about it. Tanisha is too boisterous, Katrina too attention seeking, and Meka too liberal to be anyone he can relate to. He's really stuck up, ain't he?
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a feeling my girl Mikki Swift would despise Katrina - Mikki's goal in life is to work her way into the music industry in a legit way (ie sucking up to well known producers/DJs in the hopes she gets discovered and intern'd) and would take almost personal offense to Katrina's entire Katy Perry-like existence. Not sure if Katrina would be aware of this or engage in the same feelings towards her, but one-sided relationships are fun either way :3
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wyatt thinks Emeka would be cool if he weren't such a race-baiting cuck talking shit about our dedicated police force and things like that.

Three guesses as to how much tact he'd treat Tanisha's weight with.

He thinks Katrina's alright, though.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@CBP Lucas does sound like someone Meka would be friends with, and Max sounds like someone Meka would be on poor terms with.

@Brackie I think Katrina would have beef with Mikki, and might take it a little too seriously if Mikki makes it known. At the very least, Katrina would see their music and output as the real barometer of their dueling styles, so that might be good for a rivalry.

@MK Yeah, Wyatt sounds like someone Meka and Tanisha wouldn't like, although Tanisha would probably be like Henrietta Bazoom in Showgirls if he tried to fat shame her, so that might be fun to see.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Emeka and Astor could be really good friends due to similar interests and beliefs.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Jun 29 2017, 08:17 PM

Tanisha Abbey:[/color] Founder of the Titty Brigade (with Cicada's Joanne), Tanisha is a big, beautiful black woman who has grown up in a large and happy family. Since she was young, Tanisha was all about standing out and making others happy, usually with jokes and other stunts. Tanisha is loud and full of confidence, with a love of karaoke and dancing. Despite being overweight, Tanisha is very body positive and likes to show off to others, having taken some hip-hop dance classes to show off her moves and prove she can do whatever she wants no matter how much she weighs. Tanisha is also quite motherly and kind, usually making sure those around her are happy and tries to help out those who look sad or need a friend. She also likes children and wants to work in a day care when she's older. Lives with her dad, her grandma, and is the second of five kids (one older brother, two younger sisters, one younger brother). Her mother is deceased.
Oh boy.

Hyacinth gonna hate this one. I think it may be reciprocal...
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Jun 30 2017, 08:33 AM
@Brackie I think Katrina would have beef with Mikki, and might take it a little too seriously if Mikki makes it known. At the very least, Katrina would see their music and output as the real barometer of their dueling styles, so that might be good for a rivalry.
Sounds good! Mikki would probably make it known, but she would in no way use the music/output as a rivalry barometer (although Katrina could probably see it that way from her end?) and Mikki would rather just stick to direct personal attacks like a well-mannered teenage girl does.

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@backslash Yeah, Meka and Astor look like they'd totally be the best of buddies for the art and activism. I could see Meka maybe getting into graffiti art through Astor as well.

@Riki Tanisha and Hyacinth would not get along. I think Hyacinth would be the aggressor, but I think Tanisha would be more likely to just throw shade back and move on.

@Brackie Katrina would most likely be basing it on views/subscribers, but she probably would throw insults back too, just probably not as well as Mikki.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Jul 1 2017, 09:17 PM
@Riki Tanisha and Hyacinth would not get along. I think Hyacinth would be the aggressor, but I think Tanisha would be more likely to just throw shade back and move on.
yea that is what I was thinking pretty much - some kind of escalation going on because Hyacinth gets pissed off by the shade thrown at her.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ned has a YouTube account that he posts his voice acting on. Maybe he and Katrina could collaborate. Also, Ned likes to see other people smile, so he could help Tanisha with that.

Yuki is also an aspiring writer, so perhaps she and Meka could exchange ideas.
Art

Character Concepts

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I gots some ideas, feel free to say yay or nay.

I think Forrest might know Meka and may have found his slam stuff cool and perhaps even briefly dated him before running away as she is wont to do. Bret probably would dislike him due to his relationship with Wyatt but it would only be in cordial dislike kinda way. They both know they don't like each other but they don't push the issue any.

Forrest would probably be friends with Katrina through their love of music and also because she finds her Youtube stuff fun although Katrina might find it awkward because one of Forrest's best friends is Mikki.

Tanisha likes to party? Forrest and Aliya like to party. Bret would know of her through Wyatt but reading the description of Tanisha he probably wouldn't give much of a shit about her.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Simply put, Keith would hate Meka, no ifs or buts about it. The feeling's probably mutual. He'd dislike Tanisha too, though less so. He's racist, what can I say?

Meka's one of the few people Joey would steer clear of. He'd see him holding an ideology, which is bad for compromise, which is bad for politics. I don't know how much Meka would notice this.

Chloe and Tanisha might have an odd friendship. Chloe babysits, and, despite being an only child, has definite mothering qualities about her.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
Maybe Tanisha and Yuka could be acquaintances, or friends? Like, they're both interested in dancing, and Yuka would love how outgoing and vivacious she is, but I have a feeling that Yuka would be more interested in classical dancing (ballet, waltz, etc.), while Tanisha's into hip-hop, so I'm not sure if they'd be close or if they'd simply brush into one another.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Keisha would get along quite well with Meka, as she's also fairly outspoken about her political beliefs, and would likely agree with him on tons of issues. Her gossipy nature might offend him, though. Kelly is pretty artsy, so she'd probs get along with Meka due to that, and also bc she is a neat lady. Also, if he's interested in animal rights activism and stuff, Kelly is totally on board.

I could see Kelly and Katrina being quite close, as Kelly just tends to be a very supportive person, so I think that Kelly might be Katrina's cheerleader-of-sorts, helping to like motivate her and provide emotional support on her quest to become a pop star.

Keisha and Tanisha might know each other in passing, but I don't think they'd be that close. However, I think Kelly and Tanisha would get along quite well, as they both tend to be like supportive presences in other peoples' lives.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply