Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
in all the posting of relationship threads no-one will notice that i'm gay; subforum going so fast nobody will see that i changed this subtitle
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 07:46 PM (1,223 Views)
Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Sal would know Jonathan through drama club and the vocal ensemble, though he'd probably be a little put off by Jonathan's prickly nature. He'd definitely be friendly to him, though after getting pushed away a few times, he'd probably get the hint and keep a bit of a distance.

Oliver's a bit of a party animal himself, and would probably know Teresa from that scene. He also could possibly one of her many exes, and probably wouldn't hold too much of a grudge against her after they broke up.
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
note to others: i'll try to get to you later, I just wanna cover things one person at a time if that's okay

Quote:

Yuki and Ned share a few interests with Spencer, so I could see them getting along.

Yeah, this seems pretty simple to me. They interact with each other while doing their hobbies - writing club for Yuki and animation stuff for Ned, I'm assuming? - and maybe talk a bit outside of it but don't do much with each other otherwise?

Quote:

He also seems like an easy target for Zach.

Quote:

Spencer could have crossed paths with Zach through social media,

Yeah, I think this would be a case where Zach decided to be a mean jokey person to Spencer once or twice or I guess maybe more than that and Spencer decided "yeah i'm better off avoiding this guy" and actively deciding to try and avoid having to get near him at school.

Quote:

Jonathan [...] could have crossed paths with Zach through social media

I guess they could be on Reddit together but I doubt that they'd really recognize each other through that, given stuff about anonymity on the internet and all. They don't really seem the type to interact IRL but yeah, if they were actually on one of the same forums together that could be interesting.

Quote:

Ned could also try to be friendly towards Jonathan, but maybe hold off on doing his voices around him.

Yeah this works. Jonathan would be a little aloof/stoic around Ned though by accident, which can probably lead into the fact that Ned doesn't do his voices around him?

Quote:

Of course Yuki and Yuko are sisters.

i dunno about thattttttttttttttttttttttt

Quote:

Yuko could also be annoyed by Zach's antics.

If Zach's antics lead into him actively bullying other people then yeah, Yuko would not be down for that.

Quote:

Teresa seems like the kind of girl that could join in on Zach's pranks.

Yeah, they'd get along pretty well and she'd be down for doing them and then getting her kicks from them in the background. How would he feel if she like, mocked his height in a playful way?

Also, thinking about it a little I've come up in mind with some more relationship stuff. Off of the top of my head:

• I was thinking of having Ashley like, have a one night stand with a girl at a party and then feel super awkward about it later to the point of like, actively awkwardly keeping away/trying to avoid confrontation with the girl, so if someone has a person for that I think it'd be interesting enough to do?
  • For Teresa I was thinking maybe her having a former friend who was turned off from her because of something she did, whether it was a guy who she broke up with/someone who her personality eventually became too much for them?

So yeah, if someone'd be down for either of those things that'd be cool!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
ZOMG ALL THE CHARS, BUT:

Keisha and Teresa are both PARTY PEOPLE WOOT WOOT.

Kelly and Jonathan would totally volunteer together!

Abaynesh and Roxanne might read a lot. What kind of books is Roxanne into? Right now, Abaynesh is in an F.Scott Fitzgerald phase.

Keisha and Ashley might know each other from parties.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
you told me to :/

Jonathan - I could see him and Joanne starting out on a bad footing due to his jerk-ish and stand-offish behavior in previous years of their shared high school life. He pushes her friendliness away, she gets grumpy at him for being cold and they're icy for the long haul. But come his Senior year turnabout she might be more amiable to him and soften up a bit, especially if she sees him around at the various activist causes she frequents around the school she'd chat him up and welcome the new leaf turned over. She'd unhesitatingly verbally point out when he's slipping into old habits too, maybe he finds that helpful? Ji-hyun means Gyu-ri, and Gyu-ri actually wouldn't mind his lapses of less socially amiable behavior since she's also essentially a pariah herself. They're in the choir together and they could hang out there, otherwise she occasionally is also around whenever he's doing anything with Ji-hyun.

Roxanne - Charelle might sniff out that Roxanne's using her name change to make a specific point, though she wouldn't really know nor care about the details of course. I assume Roxanne being the type of musician she is wouldn't respect the ZOOTOPIA sound so much and would hold Charelle in derision for her sound and her lack-of-effort style. Gyu-ri respects Roxanne's efforts and demeanor but not her voice (since they share a choir class). She actually wouldn't have too much of a reason to get annoyed with Roxanne. I could see the occasional 'you flubbed a note' critique in choir not going over well, though.

Ashley - As a party dude he'd probably know both Joanne and Charelle. Joanne's probably cool in his books, a bit loud and flamboyant but nothing harmful, and she usually brings her own booze and +1s so it's always more of a party whenever she shows with the Titty Brigade, so on. Charelle has probably made a pass at him but I doubt it got much farther than a date or two. Besides that she brings the party music and she's chill and easy to talk to so I imagine he's good with the sight of her, after the fact of their brief fling.

Spencer - Joanne and Spencer would probably get along. I dunno how active in his political views you intend for him to be so that might affect the degree to which they speak and interact, but at the very least they can get along well when they speak in the halls. Charelle might have him friend-ed to Snap to him about reality TV and anime (and he'd probably be way more knowledgeable than her and have to constantly keep her up to speed on stuff she forgets to pay attention to), and she might get the sense he's insecure about his sexuality or something but not be sure how to handle it cause that's too real?

Teresa - Second ho squad girl checking in (Joanne). I assume the opinion on Tanisha would essentially translate to a fellow Ariana Grande and dance loving gal! Charelle also works out pretty well here. I think they could make good casual friends on the grounds of also being video game players and TV fans in their free time, I could see them hanging outside of classes in Teresa's house or something when their schedules align, neither of them particularly stressed about deadlines and playing shooters. Charelle would also be a source of consoles to mooch off of, so ye.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Skraal
Jul 17 2017, 12:08 AM
Sal would know Jonathan through drama club and the vocal ensemble, though he'd probably be a little put off by Jonathan's prickly nature. He'd definitely be friendly to him, though after getting pushed away a few times, he'd probably get the hint and keep a bit of a distance.
Yeah, if this happened during grades 9/10 that's probably what happened between Sal and Jonathan. Jonathan on his side would probably feel remorseful for acting prickly but he wouldn't have made any move to apologise or change Sal's view of him yet.

Quote:

Oliver's a bit of a party animal himself, and would probably know Teresa from that scene. He also could possibly one of her many exes, and probably wouldn't hold too much of a grudge against her after they broke up.

Olly being Teresa's ex bf works with me! If he doesn't hold much of a grudge afterwards then Teresa wouldn't hold much of a grudge either so they'd probably still be party friends or something.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Somersault
Aug 22 2017, 04:55 AM
ZOMG ALL THE CHARS, BUT:

Keisha and Teresa are both PARTY PEOPLE WOOT WOOT.

Kelly and Jonathan would totally volunteer together!

Abaynesh and Roxanne might read a lot. What kind of books is Roxanne into? Right now, Abaynesh is in an F.Scott Fitzgerald phase.

Keisha and Ashley might know each other from parties.
@Keisha/Teresa yeah, they are! They also both seem to be into gossip so maybe they both go to each other to talk about gossip and stuff?

@Ashley/Keisha they probably would but I'm not sure what else there would be. I think they'd just know each other from parties but not much more than that.

@Kelly/Jonathan not quite sure if they would actually see each other volunteering together. Jonathan's more into social justice things and the ones you've mentioned Kelly being into aren't the ones Jonathan would be into, so Iunno if they'd really know each other.

@Abaynesh/Roxanne I'd see these two being friends! Given Abaynesh seems to like hanging with the quiet kids they might bond over reading, if only in a slight way. (she's likes high fantasy/stephen king books, btw)
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Yayyy! I could definitely see Abaynesh reading more Stephen King novels as a result of Roxanne's influence. Everything else I'm cool with, and perhaps Adele knows Jonathan from choir, and Teresa from parties as she's part of the Titty Brigade?

Also, Kelly's friends with Jiji, so maybe she's on decent terms with Jonathan. Not that close, but maybe that's how they actually know each other. Keisha's also very outspoken about social justice.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Somersault
Sep 24 2017, 06:36 AM
Also, Kelly's friends with Jiji, so maybe she's on decent terms with Jonathan. Not that close, but maybe that's how they actually know each other.
Ooh yeah, if Kelly's friends with Jiji then she's probably at the very least an aquiantiance of Jonathan. Maybe not quite friends but they'd know each other, at the very least.

Other stuff sounds fine!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ashley's profile is finished, if you wanna take a look at it. A couple details got changed so while I'll update the paragraph I'd advise you take a look at it for the time being.

In addition, if you have a connection with one of my characters and you really really wanna prewrite something feel free to PM me on the boards or Discord and we'll act out that connection in a prewritten thread. I can't promise that I'll be the fastest writer but I'll try to get back to you whenever I'm available - this'll be slightly high priority because I want to prewrite something and I'm sorta excited to do V7 stuff, so hit me up!

(also i'll update the OP and contact people about things they've sent me sometime, I haven't forgotten you CBP don't worry)
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I decided that I'm going to remove Spencer as a concept, mostly so that I don't have to adopt off half my cast when it comes time for final applications. He's likely gonna be a PV3 Prologue character, so if you're disappointed in the fact that I don't get to write Laurels then don't be, I'll do it at some point.

Meanwhile, feel free to GIMME MORE RELATION
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mercy is into photography and might occasionally talk with Roxanne about it, and she's friends with Yuko's sister and also loves cute things, so they could get along.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Johnathon: Would know Lucas since Lucas is also in the drama club. Though I don't see them being more than acquaintances.

Roxanne: Lucas has probably flirted with her at some point. Also, he loves art so maybe he's talked to her about it at some point. Probably flirted with her by comparing her art to some well known or even obscure painter. Sierra and her are kinda similar; both resent and avoid their parents, and their parents get mad at them for not living up to their image of them. So maybe there is relationship there? Or maybe they are just acquaintances.

Ashley: Sierra likes to party and she has tattoos. They could know each other.

Teresa: Maybe hooked up with Lucas at some point. They both go through relationships pretty quickly, so I don't imagine Lucas would be too upset at it ending. Sierra is also a fellow partier, so they could know each other.

Yuko: Sierra is friends with Yuki and is also bi like their sister, so close acquaintances? Possible friends by association? And again, Lucas probably has hit on her.

Let me know what you think, yo.
Edited by TheLordOfAwesome, Oct 19 2017, 12:40 AM.
V7 Charcters

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Roxanne/Mercy - Yeah, I see these two being good with each other! Maybe less friends more acquaintances but I see them talking a lot about photography during photography related events!

@Yuko/Mercy - Yeah, I'm seeing these two as friends, especially given the whole sister thing. Maybe Yuko would like, try to help her out with her MMA stuff to try and make her STRONK?

@Jonathan/Lucas - Agreeing with you that I don't think these two would know one another. In Jonathan's mind Lucas would probably just end up being 'person he pushed away #10241024102412," if anything.

@Roxanne/Lucas - Roxanne would appreciate the compliments and would be okay enough with viewing Lucas as an art aquaintance but she'd probably turn down the flirting super hard.

@Roxanne/Sierra - Nnnnooottttt seeing a conduit where the two really know one another enough in order for Roxanne to be open about her parents. I can see the art connection and they can be acquaintances due to that but the only people who Roxanne is really totally open to are the people in her band, so yeah, probably just acquaintances.

@Ashley/Sierra - ...Yeah these two would gel pretty well with each other. Friends at the very least, maybe they even dated for a bit?

@Teresa/Lucas - Yeah, exes work with me. If Lucas is totally cool with the breakup then there's no real reason for Teresa to not still hang with him, so the two would likely still be friends afterwards.

@Teresa/Sierra - Yep. They're likely party friends. Nothing really on my side I can think of adding here.

@Yuko/Sierra - Yep. Probably really good acquaintances due to the sister thing and given Yuko's being a LGBT activist I can see Sierra appreciating that.

@Lucas/Yuko - If Lucas flirted then I'd imagine that the two would have dated for a bit. Maybe not for the longest time but for a few months at the very least and I think they'd be on good terms with each other afterwards?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

TheLordOfAwesome
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Sounds all good to me, yo.
V7 Charcters

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
I BROUGHT ARTEM ARE YOU SATISFIED >:|

somehow despite being in four clubs artem doesnt share one with Any of your kids because you personally want to make my life difficult

Artem's not the type to really talk to anyone who doesnt approach him first so i doubt he had any pre-chill contact w/ Jonathan. they might know each other now tho thru mutual friends (i need to update my planning thread for him but im pretty sure he's at least friends with Jordan, Hel and Jeremiah). he's big into Roxanne's band and friends with Alexander (and he Might. also have an incompatible big gay crush on him) so they could be friends? friendly? vaguely acquainted?? one of those?? i dont have anything for Ashley but i feel like there's Something with Teresa. maybe they smoked together at some point for some reason. idk how this would have happened it just sounds good to me. dont really think i have anything for Yuko either
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply