Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Love Me, Love Me; (say that you love me)
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 07:30 PM (983 Views)
SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Have some more!

With all of my concepts, I'm playing it fast and loose, so if you have any sorta relationship thoughts or idea please throw them my way! <3

(Also re thread title: I have Lovefool stuck in my head and it won't go away)

Colour Chart

Tristan O’Hara
Sorta a self-insert but purple

Hobbies: Fashion, Instagram, partying, theatre, ukulele

Tristan is the youngest of four children, with two half-siblings to his mother and one to his father. Born in New Zealand, he and his parents immigrated to the US after the 2011 Christchurch earthquake. He’s of Māori and Irish descent and still has a strong kiwi accent. Easily noticed in a crowd thanks to his mop of hair that he’s bleached and dyed into a soft lilac. He expresses himself through his love of funky fashion that shows a lot of skin. He sews a lot of his own clothes and wears a lot of hand-me-downs, rings, Doc Martens, and hats. His family isn’t too well-off, but they're getting by. He’s facing a lot of pressure to go to college, since very few people in his family have done so. Pansexual and sleeps around a bit; he tends to get restless easily and hates the feeling of being tied to any place or anyone. None of his siblings live in the US, so he misses them a lot. A bit of an Instagram star. He loves RuPaul's Drag Race, going to parties, and can play the ukulele. A sweetheart, but a bit two-faced (often going along with others' negative attitudes to keep the peace). He still means well at heart, even though his execution might be a bit awry. Dreams of being a Broadway baby.

Potential Relationships:
- Other theatre kids
- Other fashion babies (shopping trips!)
- Guys or girls he could've had flings/relationships with
- Friendships gone sour
- Other Drag Race fans (viewing parties!)
- Also keen for anything!

Tristan’s Relationships

Dorothea Rodriguez
V6 concept I was gonna leave behind but got too attached to, so I saved her for this version <3

Hobbies: Cooking, gossip, extracurricular activities, journalism, video games

Dorothea “Dodo” is an apathetic and gossipy Hispanic girl with an overwhelming thirst for adventure and excitement (instilled mostly by her now-deceased grandparents' constant - and mildly fictitious - tales of adventure from their youth). She does a bunch of extracurricular activities for the dual purpose of boosting her college resume and providing some variety in her life, but hates most of them (save for newspaper, which she actually excels at). Waitresses on the weekend to earn a little extra coin, and will spit in your food if you annoy her. A middle child in a middle class family, life is s t i f l i n g to her. She'll do anything for a bit of a rush - so long as it doesn't conflict with her religion, to which she's very dedicated. Of late, she's been coming into conflict over her faith due to her beloved brother coming out to her, so anything's possible! She's outspoken and brutally honest, which has naturally turned quite a few people against her. She's a bit of a bitch, in all honesty.

Potential Relationships:
- Other gossip-mongers
- Friends from newspaper
- People she's rubbed wrong with her honest and outspoken ways
- Similarly apathetic kids
- Friends from church?
- Down for anything!

Dorothea’s Relationships

Ariana Simpson
You want a revolution? She wants a r e v e l a t i o n

Hobbies: Art history, debating, politics, volleyball

The eldest of three girls (both of whom I’d love to be written by other people!), Ariana was born into a decently well-off African-American family. She's concerned about setting a good example for her younger sisters, and is fiercely protective of them. This translates into many of her friendships, often taking on the role of the 'big sister'. Despite her kindhearted nature, she’s in no way a doormat and fights fire with fire. She’s fiercely intelligent and an outspoken feminist; she’s not one to actively push her beliefs onto others, but will passionately defend them if they’re questioned. She’s quite well-rounded, achieving well academically and with extracurriculars. She plays volleyball, does debating, and participates in student council. Also has an artistic interest I haven’t decided on yet! (Am open to suggestions if people have any <3) Thanks to her compassionate, outgoing, witty, and vivacious personality, she enjoys a modest degree of popularity. Supports the Black Lives Matter movement. An Angelica Schuyler of the 21st Century.

Potential Relationships:
- Other kids from her extracurriculars! (Debating, student council, volleyball)
- People with whom she might've gotten into lengthy discussions about politics/feminism
- People who disagree with her more left wing beliefs
- Kids who need a ‘big sister type’ in their life
- Perhaps an ex or two?
- Literally down for anything!

Ariana’s Relationships
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Myles Roux is a gossipy ho who also wants adventure so I think he and Dorothea could be buds. He and Tristan also seem similar in temperament and interests and could have had a thing in the past, though whether they're still friends or are slightly more on the frenemies side is up in the air.

Dolly Upton is a fan of sewing/fashion and makes a lot of her own clothes too so she and Tristan might know each other through that.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothea might be aquaintances with Violet, they're both pretty nice people and they seem like they'd get along well with one another. Although, Dorothea doesn't really share any of the same hobbies with Violet, so their interactions might be limited to something somewhat surface level for the most part.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~

NOW: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I believe we discussed one of your girls being with my guy Gaelan Meloy at some point? Still want that to be a thing? c:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
@backslash: Sorted! Gaybies for all <3

@CrossbowPig: Dorothea... is not a nice person (so sorry! Should've made that clearer in her bio - which has been tweaked now!) but I could still see potential with Violet! In regards to mutual interests: Dodo doesn't really have all that many interests planned out, so if you'd like a buddy I'm down! (Also if Dorothea ever found out about Violet's interest in the occult she'd be equal parts horrified and fascinated.)

@Brackie: Sorted! Get ready for more heart-breaking romance team <3
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothea knows Isra from the school newspaper, and I doubt she's done anything to get on her bad side. Depending on how close they are, Isra might also try and introduce Dorothea to some spooky podcasts. Isra may have also had a fling with Tristan, and possibly sympathized with the pressure put on him to go to college (though she'd probably advocate against it if she thought it wouldn't suit him).
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Aloha: Sounds good! I imagine the newspaper kids are some of the few Dorothea actually holds legitimate affection for, and I agree with you that Isra likely wouldn’t be on Dodo’s bad side! I’m 100% down for spooky podcast introductions! I will never say no to a former fling for Tristan! I really like the idea that he and Isra can remain friends and can bond over college pressure. As to whether college will be a good idea for Tristan... we shall see!

Also, new character added!!! Check her out and be her friend <3
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ooh man Sansa, a student council member and a part of the debate team? She's def gonna be close with Alison! The only thing I can see as a potential roadblock is Alison's relatively public conservative views, although she's not vehemently anti-feminist. If anything, Alison would be up for some civil debates on current events if Ariana's play with it!

Ariana and Nate can be art buddies! She might be a little too cool (or way too cool) to talk to him all the time, but hey, maybe she'd be the big sister type to him!
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Joey's not going to get on Dodo's bad side if he can help it, in case he needs to pull in a small favour regarding the newspaper. But he'll try and go through Isra more often than Dodo, though.

He's on the debate team and student council judt like Ariana, so they'll see a bit of each other. He might see her as a bit of a liability regarding her views, but as long as she keeps them from damaging his team's chances or decisions made by the council he won't contest them.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Maraoone
Member Avatar
COMIN OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOIN JUST FINE
[ *  *  * ]
Tristan and Yuka could be theater buddies! Also, fashion buddies, although Tristan seems more into offbeat stuff while Yuka's decidedly gothic so I'm not sure how that will gel. And maybe exes, too? (Also I think if they ever became a thing, or even just a one-night thing, she'd still be willing to be friends afterwards)
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Aloha: Yaaaas, a good friend for Ari! I really like it – I think Ari would really appreciate and enjoy having friendly debates/discussions with someone like Alison! I could see them being good friends, despite their likely occasionally differing views. I like the idea of Nate being an art buddy too! Ari would love discussing art with him and would definitely keep an eye on him to make sure he’s doing okay!

@Malloon: Joey and Dodo works for me! Maybe they had an interaction in the past that made Joey wary of contacting Dodo directly? There could be potential there! Ari is a team player; I’m sure she and Joey might have occasional points of contention, but nothing too lasting. I think she’d respect him and his dedication at any rate! And given the amount of time the debate team and student council would spend together, I’m sure she’d consider him a good friend.

@Mara: I love it! Both for theatre buddies and as exes. Tristan is sex-positive and tries to keep things friendly, so I could definitely see him and Yuka having fooled around before but remaining friends with little to no awkwardness. I think Tristan would be kinda into Yuka’s gothic style! He’s the sort to try anything out and likes to incorporate elements of different styles, so I think they could be good fashion buddies too! <3

Also decided on Ariana’s race and that she supports the Black Lives Matter movement!
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Regarding Joey/Dodo, that works for me. We can contact each other about the interaction if we need to be more specific. And Joey/Ari, too. He'd be glad for the respect and friendship and would try to give them back in turn.

I forgot to mention Keith last time. He wouldn't like Ari for racist and political reasons. He's not one to really discuss with, though.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hm, with Ariana being more solidly into political activism and such, I could see her getting along with Astor on that count! They might bond over being (technical) older siblings too.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
HOORAY FOR KEISHA. Sorry, just looking through this, and I see that Keisha probably has two people here she'd get along quite well with.

Like, Keisha and Dodo are both real big gossipmongers, and they're both on the school newspaper, so I could def see them forming a Gossip Brigade or something. In addition to this, Keisha's also fairly religious, probably not to the same extent that Dodo is, but I could see them forming a bond over that too.

With Ariana and Keisha, I could see them being fairly good friends, with both of them doing debate and volleyball, although Keisha's primarily a benchwarmer for the team. Keisha's political views also trend fairly left-wing, and Keisha would love to just have these lengthy discussions about the state of Black women in 21st century America, because she is all about that. However, Keisha's family is definitely much less financially prosperous than Ariana's so if you think that could have any effect on their relationship due to familial influences or something like that, let me know!

Kelly loves art, and would probably get along fairly well with Ariana due to that. In addition to this, Kelly's nice, but she's also kinda desperate to have more relevance in the student body, so I could see her clinging to a student council member j=to try to gain more influence, with might be Ariana, but I can also see why she might be angered at that.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

SansaSaver
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Backslash: I like it! (Both on the political activism/elder siblings bonding.) And I think they’d probably have some quality banter too!

@Somersault: I think Keisha and Dorothea could be great friends and mutual gossip buddies! So long as Keisha can deal with Dodo’s often caustic/bitchy demeanour. I’m down for Keisha and Ariana being friends too, especially with their mutual interests. I also think Ariana’s family tries to keep their relative prosperity on the down-low, so it probably wouldn’t affect their relationship too much! Also, Kelly being a tag-along with Ariana sounds great – I’m down for that too!
Version Seven:
Tristan O’Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson

Past Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply