Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MK's kids need friends/enemies; Oh shit son there are now three of them!
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 06:18 PM (878 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wyatt Carter is a big boy. A really big boy. We're talking 6'6", 260 pounds big boy. He enjoys long walks on the beach, lifting absurdly heavy weights in the gym or at home, talking about about kids to his brother Bret and busting some helmets on the gridiron. Wyatt isn't exactly a nice kid but he fancies himself a popular one, in the sense of 'popular' meaning on the highest rung of the social ladder in high school. Sports types and general cool kids, don't be alarmed, Wyatt will probably leave you alone.

But if you read manga or comics, watch anime or cartoons, run down the hallways with your hands behind you while wearing a fucking Naruto headband or spout Nietzsche while pushing up your glasses by the bridge, Wyatt doesn't like you. In fact he probably hates you, and will probably dunk you upside down in a trash can full of discarded meatloaf from the cafeteria, you fucking nerd.

If Wyatt sounds like he's your best bud (you fool) or somebody who would probably make your life a living hell (YOU FOOL), feel free to post and get this loving relationship started.

Justin Greene is a slightly chubby and jovial guy who suffers from severe dyslexia, pushing him to special education reading classes. Musically, however, he's literate and also quite talented, being trained in the piano from a very young age. He picked up acoustic guitar as a second instrument out of a professed love for country music. He wishes to make it big in Nashville, but has electrical engineering has a fallback and works with his dad, an electrician, in the summer. He could sing you a love song, or he could fix your wiring. Ladies, take note: Justin makes a pretty damn good sandwich and would love to feed you.

Cheridene Williams is a little conflicted. She's naturally athletic but has no interest in pursuing a living in the world of sports, though she loves to watch basketball, football, soccer and volleyball, and hopes that the varsity basketball team makes championships this year. She's bookish and gifted in the sciences; her ideal career is to become a geologist. The only problem is that Cheridene much prefers to be indoors. If soccer was played in an indoor stadium, that would just be perfect, because Tennessee's humidity and all the black flies are just the pits, and having to suffer both while taking clay samples on a riverbank sounds like hell. Social but non-confrontational, Cheridene prefers to enjoy the edges of high school life and let it pass her by so she can get it all over with. 'Best years of your life' her ass!
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Oct 4 2017, 12:43 PM.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Tryhard
[ *  *  * ]
Hey my kid Max is into debate and philosophy but he's also an athlete of decent repute on the baseball team so I have no idea where he'd fall in Wyatt's respect categories. As far as Max's side of things go, he probably has some decently internal philosophical reason for holding him at arms length mentally for being a proponent of the culture that he finds himself somewhat disgusted with on a base reaction level, but generally Max keeps those feelings tucked deep inside so those wouldn't be likely to show.

I don't think they'd be best buds or that Max's life would be quite a living hell, so I dunno what degree of fool I am.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Debate and philosophy are too nerdy. Wyatt isn't going to like him very much, but Max's decent reputation on the baseball team means Wyatt can't really push him around or risk getting the whole team on his ass, so he'll probably leave him alone unless he gets all noble or some shit.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
My character Ned is really into cartoons and anime, so Wyatt probably won't like him. The fact that Ned does silly voices will most likely not help.
Art

Character Concepts

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No idea how Wyatt would react to Alexsandra. She's an athlete on one of the school's more well-renowned teams, but she's also extremely shy and a borderline non-presence on the social ladder due to her discomfort regarding social situations.

He would definitely hate Kyle, though. Mostly for being a skinny geek who studies medicine obsessively and goes around being all smiley with people all the time.

Tony... hoo boy. I have a very strong feeling that he and Wyatt would not like each other. Not one bit. Wyatt picks on people, and Tony loudly and openly hates bullies. Can you feel the sparks flying?
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ned might be eating a locker. As far as Wyatt's concerned he needs to grow the fuck up and try to get outside once in a while. And cut it with the annoying voice, it makes him sound like his balls haven't dropped. If he wants to be nutless, Wyatt can certainly arrange that.

Alexsandra will likely be left alone. She's athletic and quiet, not making an ass of herself. He likely will not associate with her whatsoever and if forced to, say... in a classroom environment, he'd co-exist (if letting her do all the work and coasting along).

Kyle could be the target of a rude dismissal. Not liked, but not the kinda kid Wyatt picks on every day unless Kyle keeps hanging around.

Death to Tony.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Andy and Justin could know each other as fellow musicians though I think they probably differ in terms of the genre they typically stick to.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
so my guy Kayden Brockman also plays football (thinking he's a Fullback at this point?) but he's one of the least heterosexual people on the planet and doesn't tow the line with regards to what's considered acceptable heteronormative behaviour amongst male teens. He's a good fullback, doesn't complain one iota about the rough and tumble of the sport, and good at adjusting to changes like injured players on the fly, but he's not One Of The Guys in any sense of the word - he's not going to try and come onto any of the team in the locker room, but if the environment starts getting disgustingly hetero, he's going to amp up the flamboyancy just to annoy them. Despite not being one of those fucking nerds always running around, what would Wyatt think of him?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tense situation. Wyatt gets the whole 'team solidarity' thing and wants to respect Kayden as a teammate, but if he pulls a stunt like that JUST to annoy him... I mean, that's going to bug a lot of people, not just Wyatt, and he's gonna feel justified in telling him not-so-nicely to go tuck his nutsack waaaaaay up high in his own asshole.

Then accuse Kayden of probably enjoying that too much.
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Maraoone
Member Avatar
yes thomas why
[ *  *  * ]
Soooo Lee is friends with Bret, Wyatt's twin, and he's also on the football team, so I think Wyatt and Lee would be cool with each other. Also, I don't think Lee would really care about how Wyatt bullies other people, so that won't be an issue with him.
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Chloe and Wyatt might be an issue. As in, Chloe might have assumed a "mum" voice once when Wyatt got physical with another kid. I kind of want that to be a thread.

Joey made friends with Tony for people like Wyatt. If Wyatt has taken a dislike to him, he'll have Tony on speed dial. Joey's not especially nerdy, but is short, fat and has a large ego.

Keith will like the fine specimen of aryan manhood that is Wyatt, and might have "subtlety" tried recruiting him once. Any rejection besides a literally violent one will be met with sadness rather than anger, but a violent one will have him get deathly scared of Wyatt instead. There's no shame in losing a contest of strength to a guy like that, so Keith's hidden fear of violence would take its toll instead.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cleo probably thinks Wyatt's kind of an ass and needs to calm down with the bullying, but also probably respects him as an athlete and has enough of her own milder verbal bullying baggage that I doubt it escalates farther than rolling her eyes at his antics, so they could get along. On the other hand she would think Justin is fucking adorable and probably Boyfriend Material, so she likely flirts with him a lot unless they were/are a thing at some point or he were to tell her in pretty blunt terms he's not interested. I'd be down for plotting out a relationship if you're looking for someone for him, though.

Y'know despite the fact that they probably mutually dislike each other, I don't feel like there'd be much open conflict between Blaise and Wyatt? They run in different circles and Blaise considers school and nerdy shit beneath them, so while they're not exactly sending each other warm Christmas cards it's probably more of a social coldness than outright hostility. They wouldn't really take notice of Justin either, they'd be of the opinion that he's a good artist but anyone with a fall back isn't serious and thus not worth keeping tabs on.

Oh gods Hel has definitely caught some bullying from Wyatt. Prominent member of the debate team, huuuuge fukn nerd to the point of streaming and probably being heavily involved with the anime club, real witchy chick with some interesting thoughts on philosophy...pretty much the only thing that *might* save her is that unless she's around friends, on stream, or in a round she's pretty quiet and loathes attention. Probably likes Justin and is friendly with him. How's he get along with other musicians? She's a bassist in a totally different genre(gotta check with Z but I'm pretty sure we're still doing a punk band) but they could be jam buddies if he's down.

Jeremiah could get Wyatt's eye because...well, dude's blue. From the understanding I'm getting though Wyatt's bullying is pretty targeted rather than arbitrary towards anyone different, and fuck, man, Jeremiah doesn't even know what he's interested in and he's a pretty boring target since he tends to ghost at school. I dunno if this would be a factor for or against Wyatt leaving him alone, but his shitty family circumstances and tendency of getting passed from home to home is probably pretty well known, so totally up to you which way that falls. I think he likes to listen to Justin sing but tends to stay in the background and is afraid to approach him.
o
Damian and Wyatt are gonna fight. He doesn't like other bullies and especially tends to get in the face of other athletes. If things were to get physical Wyatt would absolutely kick his ass, but consequences are not his strong suit XD I don't think there'd be much between him and Justin.

Babs has a lot of textbook(hur hur) interests to set Wyatt off, but she's very very quiet and tends to let her sisters have the social spotlight. I feel like there would be little if any animosity between them just by virtue of him not knowing she exists in the first place. She'd really, really like Justin though, Babs is super auditory and would find his singing relaxing. I think they could be friends and maybe even mutual tutors? She's really good at non-visual learning styles and could help him explore that as an avenue around his dyslexia, and he could help her with her musical aspirations that are just utterly hopeless on her own.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The moral of the story is: EVERYBODY LOVES JUSTIN!
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

Somersault
Member Avatar
i'm a boss ass bitch (bitch bitch)
[ *  * ]
Keisha and Wyatt are both athletes, (and Keisha's also a cheerleader), and so she's also fairly popular, so she'd probably be left alone? Kelly is kinda nerdy, but also kinda popular, so idk. Abaynesh might be a target of bullying, although maybe Wyatt is appeased with a bribe of freshly-baked goods?

Justin may be the only person who knows that Keisha LOVES country music, and so they might bond over that. But, if he mentions any of it in public, she will throw him to the gossip wolves.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
C-H-A-T-T-A-N-O-O-G-A

V7 HERE WE COME

Concepts

Art Thangs

Let Them Fly Free

Fenris
Member Avatar
the consummate paragon
[ *  *  * ]
kids and stuff etc:

Wyatt: Ian's on the football team and generally friends/friendly with the whole group, but he also doesn't have much of a spine and would probably find Wyatt mildly terrifying. Wyatt may or may not tell him he's a pussy to his face. I doubt Dante or Axel would be particularly on his radar and he's one of the rare people Nia would actively avoid, her being very much a nerd in the intellectual sense and at least mildly interested in most things that would piss Wyatt off. I'd actually be super interested to know how Wyatt and Ivy would interact. He's an alpha jock, she's an alpha bitch. He puts people in trash cans, she torments them psychologically. Truly a perfect match.

Justin: I don't really think any of my kids would interact with him much, but Ivy makes a point of not targeting musicians, easy targets though they might be, so he's safe. Ian probably knows him in passing just cause he's a nice dude who talks to everyone.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
v7 kids

the future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply