Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Relationship shit, fiends, enemies, totem spirits etc.; Since no one else is doing it
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 05:27 PM (817 Views)
Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I gots three peeps and they need friends yo. If you want to offer anything you can post in here or PM me. I don't mind.

Aliya Kimia Nemati - Persian girl from Iran who is an aspiring professional wrestler something her father disproves of immensely to the point where the pair barely speak. Wrestles on the school team with a style can best be described as funky. Has two younger sisters one of which she has a fierce rivalry with while the other teams with her whenever they get the chance to wrestle on the weekends.

She's a relaxed, happy-go-lucky person who is generally friendly, in good-spirits and willing to make jokes. The only thing that angers is people insulting her for being Iranian or a Muslim. Her other many hobbies besides wrestling are running and collecting Nike trainers with loud and colorful designs. She works at whatever diner or food place is present at where ever pregame is set to get extra money to pay for training. If there are any parties being held she'll probably attend.

Aliya needs friends and some people who will annoy her. Teammates from wrestling and anyone who is interested in pro wrestling would be cool too. Also someone she works with at the diner or whatever would be cool. If anyone has an idea for her being in a romantic relationship I'm all ears.

Relationships

Forrest Quin - An asexual girl (though she's not fully aware of that yet) abandoned by her original mother and adopted by a gay couple. Forrest is a DJ and remixer who has a YouTube channel where she posts up remixes and mashups under the pseudonym of DJ HELL KITTY. She's in an all-girl group where her main job is the get the room jumping via beatz. She's also a massive party girl who holds house parties whenever her dads are out of town and is known for being able to consume drugs and alcohol like they're candy. She has a droll and deadpan personality and sense of humour which has a lot of self-depreciation and bizarre interludes. She owns small collection of reptiles and exotic pets, her favorite being a bearded dragon called Drake. Forrest has had a few boyfriends/girlfriends but it never really gets past the dating and kissing phase as soon as it's suggested they go further she freaks out at the idea.

Basically Forrest needs friends she parties with as well as friends she hangs out with normally, she plays League of Legends and is big into the Mega Man X and Super Metroid series still playing the games and sometimes doing speedruns so she'd be friends with fellow gamers. She also needs some exes of either gender who feel aggrieved with how she broke up with them (very sudden and not much warning or explanation). As well as people from around school who don't like her because she's weird.

Relationships

Bret Carter - American football player who plays Strong Safety. Is massive (he's 6'3") as well as being a massive douche on the field, going full-bore into every tackle not caring whether or not the opponent gets hurt while trash talking up a storm. Is a devout Catholic who prays before every game and wants to get a scholarship to be able to go and play at college. Around school he's an alright person although he does have a tendency to look down on people that aren't in his social circle, anyone who isn't a cool or popular kid basically and is a stubborn fuck regarding his views. Has a twin brother who also plays defence on the football team and will be being played by Ricky.

Bret needs football friends and popular/cool kids friends. There's probably also other people he looks down on and subtly bullies.

Relationships
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ohai Deamon, I was hoping that maybe this guy I'm playing will have a relationship with Bret! :)
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, dayum, I wasn't expecting to see anybody that Wyatt would respect so quickly but Aliya really fits the bill.

Well, less 'respect' and 'damn girl I wouldn't mind getting into your pants just so long as you're legal and ain't a terrorist'.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kermit
Member Avatar
i'm the worst
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe my devout Protestant football kid and your devout Catholic football kid can like, really fucking hate each other because of religious differences but still be football buds.
Ravioli Marill - Today at 9:49 AM
(Mariavel is Kermit)

Some people that might be in V7 (or not):

Michael Froese: "Is it bad that I hope today's the day Richard finally fucking snaps, brings a gun to school, and shoots me in the head? Because I really can't deal with this shit anymore."

Valerija Bogdanovic: "If we as a society continue using words like "cuck" or "Reagan fetishist" to describe those who's political views differ from our own, we will accomplish nothing. Alienating each other will just lead to further division. If I were to insult you straight to your face, it's not like you'd hold my opinion with any merit."

Maxwell Fenster: "Okay then."

V1 sprites!

mini stuff!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Wow look here's a big ol' spotify playlist, listen to it (only if u want im not ur boss)!

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can I be your totem animal, Deamon?
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Violet and Forrest both game, and they have somewhat similar taste as well. Violet's more of a stop-and-smell-the-roses kind of gamer who takes her time, though, so the speedrunning thing might be a point of contention between the two. For reasons stated in the profile, Violet's somewhat averse to touch and contact, so a relationship is most probably off of the table. Besides, she's straight, so what can you do, right?

Bret might have bullied Lucas in the past, as he's a somewhat sickly kid who sits on the fringes of school social circles. Max probably gets along with Bret on a surface level but, like his twin, secretly detests Bret inside.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Jun 29 2017, 06:06 PM
Ohai Deamon, I was hoping that maybe this guy I'm playing will have a relationship with Bret! :)
Hmm I wonder who that could be?

Ricky

Also, dayum, I wasn't expecting to see anybody that Wyatt would respect so quickly but Aliya really fits the bill.

Well, less 'respect' and 'damn girl I wouldn't mind getting into your pants just so long as you're legal and ain't a terrorist'.
Oh godamnit XD. I guess I'll file that under 'annoying meathead who always comes onto me at parties'.

Kermit

Maybe my devout Protestant football kid and your devout Catholic football kid can like, really fucking hate each other because of religious differences but still be football buds.
Sounds good, could be I respect your game, how you play and you as a person but I don't appreciate this whole Protestant deal.

Yugi

Can I be your totem animal, Deamon?
I dunno Yugi, what kind of advice would you give?

CBP - Sorry your message was too big to reasonably quote.

But yeah Forrest and Violet can be friends. Forrest doesn't actually care how other people choose to play. She'd be cool just hanging out over Skype and in person chatting about games etc. They'd probably get in well if Violet finds exotic animals cools and Forrest funny.

Lucas and Brett's relationship sounds perfect
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Permission to have Aliya be one of Demetri's crushes? Maybe he did Yearbook stuff for a wrestling event then worked up a bit of cool to talk to and compliment her a bit? Then he says something stupid and insensitive as a joke and she promptly kills him IRL or smth. Long story short it didn't end well and she thinks he's a punk ass now.

Bret occasionally gets the opportunity to kill Demetri on the field when there are random afterschool sports going on. Demetri doesn't really advertise his religion on the field so that's cool. Maybe a bit of respect both ways and a bit of disdain from Bret's side for the more 'he's a loser' rumors surrounding Demetri?
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These both sound pretty great!

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I'm feeling that Keith could probably say something to annoy Aliya... and seeing as he'd probably underestimate her, well, he might even throw a couple of choice insults her way when he's alone.

Joey might put extra effort in to befriend her, or at least be nice to her, both in a genuine desire to widen his cultural viewpoint and to pander to any groups, present or future, who are big on multiculturalism. He'd find her a bit boring himself, though, since he's not into any sports himself. He'd be at any party where there's a chance to mingle, so he might see her often anyway. He might see Forrest a lot for the same reason.

He'd try to befriend Bret as well, hoping to net himself some of the popularity and benifit of having a friend who's that big. He's nominally catholic as well, and would probably play up that angle if he thinks it'll get him into Bret's good books.

Keith would like Bret for the same reason he'd like Wyatt. The same things there apply here, though if he's been violently rebuked by one brother he'd avoid the other one too.

V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Keith and Aliya would definitely not get along. There is a good chance an argument or more was had.

Joey and Aliya probably know of each other but I don't see them being particularly close, because like you said he's into sports and that's pretty much her whole life.

If he goes to parties he'd know Forrest, she's normally there DJing or getting drunk/high. Again I don't think they'd be close.

Bret would be probably be alright with Joey but he'd be distrustful of him due to his friendship with Tony and his motives.

As for Keith, Bret would probably tolerate his presence but he has no interest in being recruited and would make that clear if Keith ever tried.

Thoughts?

V5
Unknowns

Ryuki
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Zach would probably try to prank Bret, but then he'd run the risk of getting his butt whooped. Still, Zach would go for it.

Mayhaps Ned could provide some vocal sounds for one of Forrest's remixes?

Is Aliya friends with Yuko Hayashibara? Yuko's sister Yuki would probably know Aliya through her.
Art

Character Concepts

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Yeah, sounds about right.
V6 Character - Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
Future Characters:
Chloe Bruges - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thiiink we've hit on just about everything already, other than Damian really doesn't like Wyatt and most of the other Football Bros(TM) so by extension Damian doesn't like Bret all that much. I think it really is mostly by extension though, Lee and Wyatt draw most of his ire thus far and Bret just gets caught in the run-off.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Skraal
Member Avatar
Why, hello there.
[ *  *  * ]
Oliver's probably attended quite a few of Forrest's house parties, so he'd probably know her from there. If you're looking for yet another ex, you could throw him down on the list. He'd probably chalk up the breakup to him wanting to move things along too fast, a common issue with him, it seems.

Sal's pretty enthusiastic about video games, so they'd definitely get along well, and he'd think it'd be super cool that she's being raised by a gay couple, as that's something that he maybe hopes to do one day. He'd also love her sense of humour.

Aliya would probably dislike Scott a lot. Even moving past the fact that he's generally an asshole, he hold somewhat derogatory views about Muslims, and it's not implausible that a rude comment or two may have slipped out in her presence.
Survival of the Fittest Version 5

Survival of the Fittest Version 7

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V7 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply