Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Effect Mafia Fallout Thread
Topic Started: Jun 22 2017, 06:39 PM (1,282 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TOWN

Deamon - JACK (VENGEFUL TOWNIE)
Empress Plush - GARRUS VAKARIAN (TOWN COP)
Flare - URDNOT GRUNT (1X BULLETPROOF TOWNIE)
fogu - NIFTU CAL (TOWNIE)
General Goose - LEGION (NEXUS)
Grim Wolf - ADMIRAL DAVID ANDERSON (TOWN ROLEBLOCKER)
Kermit - LIARA T'SONI (TOWNIE)
MK Kilmarnock - KASUMI GOTO (COMMUTER)
MurderWeasel - JAMES VEGA (TOWNIE)
Randomness - TALI'ZORAH VAS NORMANDY (INVENTOR)
RC - MORDIN SOLUS (DOCTOR)
Toxie - JEFF "JOKER" MOREAU (INNOCENT CHILD)
VysePresident - COMMANDER IAN SHEPARD (VIGILANTE)
Yugikun - MIRANDA LAWSON (UNIVERSAL BACKUP)
Zetsumodernista - KAIDAN ALENKO (JACK OF ALL TRADES)

And a well done to the Mafia:
Brackie - HUSK (GOON)
dmboogie - HARBINGER (MAFIA GODFATHER)
Inge - JACK "THE ILLUSIVE MAN" HARPER (MAFIA ROLEBOCKER)
Primrosette - HUSK (GOON) - ELIMINATED NIGHT 2
VoltTurtle - KAI LENG (MAFIA HITMAN)

Here are the PMs for everybody:

VoltTurtle (Kai Leng)

dmboogie (Harbinger)

dmboogie (Jack "The Illusive Man" Harper)

Brackie (Husk)

Primrosette (Husk)

MurderWeasel (James Vega)

VysePresident (Commander Ian Shepard)

Grim Wolf (Admiral David Anderson)

Randomness (Tali'Zorah vas Normandy)

RC (Mordin Solus)

MK Kilmarnock (Kasumi Goto)

ToxietheToxieAvenger (Jeff "Joker" Moreau)

General Goose (Legion)

Deamon (Jack)

Yugikun (Miranda Lawson)

Flare (Urdnot Grunt)

Zetsumodernista (Kaidan Alenko)

Alternate JOAT PM (Ashley Williams)

frogue (Niftu Cal)
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Those safe-claims were pretty bad, not going to sugar-coat.

Also I'm not very good at being evil.
Turtle's Signature

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I had fun with this game for the bits I was in (though I fell out of following it afterwards for non-game reasons). I can't speak to the flavor, but I think having double role PMs for scum is a solid way to handle some of the unique setup elements (including the quoting of PMs) and it's cool to see that that's how things worked. I also am always pleased to see games that skew a bit more vanilla in setup/roles involved, and that's not afraid to assign some vanilla townies.

EDIT: I do think a couple non-Vanilla safeclaims could've helped scum a lot, though, since whacking vanillas is comparatively low-risk. Though scum of course could've also tailored their claims as the game progressed, and there is a measure of information on town's comp inherent in any safeclaim PR.
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel
Jun 22 2017, 07:35 PM
I had fun with this game for the bits I was in (though I fell out of following it afterwards for non-game reasons). I can't speak to the flavor, but I think having double role PMs for scum is a solid way to handle some of the unique setup elements (including the quoting of PMs) and it's cool to see that that's how things worked. I also am always pleased to see games that skew a bit more vanilla in setup/roles involved, and that's not afraid to assign some vanilla townies.
There weren't that many vanilla townies, though. There were four total in a game where the mafia got bad safe-claims and no power roles beyond the standard ones (and I don't even think my hitman role worked, my kills were blocked multiple times). Town meanwhile got loads of good power roles. Really the only way I think it could have been stronger is if there was a watcher in play.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't mean to come off as salty.

But I'm really salty.
Turtle's Signature

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Can we have a compilation of the night actions?
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(I'm curious because I apparently still had a protection left on night 5 even though I'd already used it, and I didn't get a pm from decoy going like 'a mysterious medigel showed up in your locker)

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually you know what I'm not even going to pretend I don't mean to come off as salty.

This setup was horrifically town-sided.

Town had...

ELEVEN out of FIFTEEN TOTAL TOWNIES with power roles and only ONE role that is arguably negative utility (nexus).

SEVEN protective roles (doctor, bulletproof, bomb, commuter, jack-of-all-trades, inventor, universal backup).

FIVE killing roles (vigilante, bomb, inventor, jack-of-all-trades, universal backup).

FOUR investigation roles (cop, inventor, jack-of-all-trades, universal backup).

Meanwhile, scum had...

One hitman with kill-piercing that apparently didn't even work and at least one role that it wouldn't have worked on period (commuter).

One roleblocker that can only stop one of town's ELEVEN power roles a night and that's purely by random chance.

One godfather who wasn't bulletproof in a game with more town killing roles than town investigative roles.

Five safe-claims that were bad flavor-wise and hilariously bad in terms of the roles selected for being safe (FIVE vanilla townie claims in a game where town only had FOUR vanilla townies).

TL;DR this game was disgustingly town-sided and it wasn't fun in the slightest to play.
Turtle's Signature

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[10:58:20 AM] Zetsu: also decoy sent me a pm going like 'pls use your protection tonight or tell me you're not planning to use it'
[10:58:42 AM] Zetsu: and I was like 'uuuuuh I already used it??? but if I somehow still have one, I'll use it on yugi'
[10:58:51 AM] Zetsu: lo and behold, yugi survives
[10:59:17 AM] RUSSIA'S GREATEST LOVE MACHINE: oh
[10:59:26 AM] RUSSIA'S GREATEST LOVE MACHINE: so that's how I survived that night phase
[10:59:47 AM] Zetsu: and then I died, and yugi got saved by a protection that's probably not supposed to exist, and I never got to explain that
[11:01:18 AM] RUSSIA'S GREATEST LOVE MACHINE: ...so
[11:01:26 AM] RUSSIA'S GREATEST LOVE MACHINE: I wasn't supposed to survive killing deamon
[11:02:22 AM] Zetsu: idk
[11:02:41 AM] Zetsu: maybe decoy messed up and forgot to send me my 'receipt of night action from inventor' pm

this game wanted me to suffer so much it kept me in the game when I should have died

f
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
gg, everyone! I'm pretty happy with my play, barring my asinine train against Vyse on day 1 >.<

That said, as VT said, this game was very, very town sided. Cop + 2 one-shot investigations more than offsets the lack of tracker and presence of godfather. You can practically confirm up to six people as town by day 2, and if it's not six people that's because scum got investigated, which is even worse. And between doctor, 2 one-shot protections, a bulletproof, a vengeful townie (effectively a bomb in this setup), and a commuter, actually successfully nk'ing people is incredibly hard for scum. (Also, this can create even more confirmed townies). Vig + 2 one-shot town kills is also quite powerful. Universal backup is icing on the cake.

I mean, we won with a fairly large margin with a mostly inactive town from what was effectively a numerical disadvantage (5 scum out of 18 (since 2 dropped out on day 1, game size was effectively 18) is more than normal), without our cop and vig, and also Ricky left the game too. There's no way that should've happened.

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
me in a read list

Prim:
Would be my highest scumread if not for the fact that this is apparently how Prim regularly plays.

me in a read list also

Brackie:
Null!scum

me in a read list
I think
Volt:
Nulltownscum. Solid contributions from last dayphase plus actually defending herself RE: “bad night” give me good bad vibes

me in a read list????????????

Inge:
Nullscum.

tsil daer a ni em

Boogie:
Fuck i dunno, gut!town, scum i guess.

I'm basically the best at this game ok. joke
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Props to:

MurderWeasel for planting most of the seeds of my suspicions on VoltTurtle (and also most of the stuff I got on her case about were related to her fight with you, so I wouldn't have had material to scumread her for without you).

Ricky for copping to Inge's crappy safeclaim and pushing him for it.

Frogue for consistently being conf-town, and also for sinking VoltTurtle and guiding town to victory in our final hour.

Grim, for giving me a massive headache.

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also props to Brackie for acting like his town self to the point that I wasn't sure he was scum even though everyone else left in the game was conf-town or close to it.

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That said the sheer amount of inactivity this game was
:(

I mean, for scum that's understandable, especially given that I feel like they'd more or less given up due to bitter feelings about setup, but c'mon town.

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
maybe i should have tried to claim something other than bulletproof

in hindsight
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply