Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Origin of Symmetry; [OPEN]
Topic Started: Jun 17 2017, 02:19 PM (521 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from This Is The End Of His Story))

Here she was at the Radio Tower again. Alba wasn't sure why she wandered over here after leaving the asylum. Maybe it was because it was a familiar part of her time here, but at this point, she was just glad to be out of the asylum. She had no clue who would be here, if anyone was. At the very least, she knew that dumb Jenny CD was still here in that CD player. Maybe some Jennifer Lopez would cheer her up.

Alba sighed. Brendan had only been dead a few hours by now, and she wasn't sure if anything could make her feel better. Her best friend was dead, and the game was coming close to the end. Everyone was probably on alert and more willing to kill. The thoughts were painful for Alba to consider, but with less than thirty people left, it was more than likely. Alba had spent most of her time walking crying and sniffling.

She clutched the rifle as she approached the tower. She could believe that Bryony or Jon could be here since they knew about the tower. Hell, maybe it was Candice, who she hadn't seen in days. Alba stepped up to the tower, then slowly pushed the door open.

Her eyes widened.

"Fiyori?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba stood in place as Fiyori continued to ramble. Alba wasn't sure who Fiyori was talking to right now, or why she was a "femme phenomenal," whatever that meant. Fiyori was at least glad to see her.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too," Alba said, giving a weak smile.

"I'm just glad I found someone..."

Her throat tightened and she pursed her lips. Her eyes were starting to water. Being around Fiyori reminded her of the other day when they were shooting at a can of cat food. A day that started scary and a bit romantic, but then became a little more jovial.

"...sorry," she said, choking up.

She put her free hand to her mouth. Alba couldn't bring herself to say much else, even though she was sure Fiyori wanted to talk right now.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Brendan's dead," Alba bluntly told Fiyori.

She sniffled a bit, wiping tears from her eyes.

"He died this morning. We were minding our business and Jae just ran up and shot him with an arrow. Jon went after him, so I have no idea where they are now."

Alba let out a choking sound. As she did, she heard some coughing near her. She turned and saw another familiar face nearby. Her mouth fell slightly open.

"Blair?"

She lost one friend, and now two were delivered to her. Was this supposed to be a sign?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba wiped her eyes as Blair made herself known.

"Hi Blair," she said. "Sorry, it's been an awful day so far."

Alba let out a long exhale.

"Sorry, can we talk inside?" she asked Fiyori."I don't want to be outside right now."

She turned back to Blair.

"Want to come inside?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba stepped aside to let Fiyori walk inside. She turned back to face Blair, who was still standing out in the open. Blair said she was good out there. Alba raised an eyebrow.

"No, I don't know how it is. Sorry. Blair, but I don't think you're safe out in the open," Alba said.

Alba stood in the doorway, keeping one hand on the door jamb and the other on the rifle.

"Please, we're not safe right now, and we can at least get inside and block the door so we can talk. I don't want to see you suddenly get hurt."

Alba stepped aside and gestured inside. She didn't know why Blair was so opposed to coming inside, but she hoped the girl would budge.

"Please, Blair. Come inside before someone shoots you with an arrow too."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GM and timeskip approved))

So it was because of Fiyori that Blair wasn't coming in. Fiyori could sense it, and simply walked back inside rather than deal with Blair. Alba watched her go back inside, then turned to Blair.

Blair was leaving. She said more people were going to the buildings now and that she wanted to lay low. Alba said nothing as she walked away. She wanted to protest, to go after her friend, to offer a rebuttal to the idea about the buildings, but nothing came. She merely watched as Blair disappeared from sight.

She lowered and shook her head. She was tired, and she knew that running after Blair might not work for her. She had a poor record of running after people, and at the very least, staying here would mean that she'd stay with Fiyori. Even if people were heading to the buildings, there were plenty of buildings left, and they could at least fortify and defend the radio tower.

Alba walked back inside the tower and closed the door behind her. There wasn't much she could do right now, nor that she wanted to do. A few hours of quiet would help.

Alba's eyes opened quickly when she heard the sounds of the announcements. She and Fiyori had spent the whole day in the tower, occasionally chatting, but doing little else. She had slept on the ground for part of the night and took the last watch shift. She must have dozed off for a bit during the night. But now she was awake, and ready to hear what was going on.

Maxim and Tyler were dead. Maxim was one of Brendan's good friends back home, and they had even run into one another at Sadie Hawkins. It was tough to hear that he was gone. Tyler dying also upset her. Brendan never got to make amends for killing Bernadette, and now Alba couldn't even apologize to him in Brendan's stead.

Hearing Brendan's name brought back all the painful memories of his death. Jae got the credit and some praise from the terrorists for the murder, and Alba felt sick.

More names were rattled off. Raina committed suicide, as did a lot of other people. As the game went on, Alba was starting to recognize more and more names. She had no idea how many could be left at this point, but it was getting really close to the end.

Jae got the prize for killing Brendan, and several areas were marked permanent Danger Zones. The tower was safe, so Alba could relax a bit. Not a lot, but it helped to have one less thing to worry about.

Alba stood up and stretched a bit. Bryony, Jon, and Blair survived the night, but so did Jae. There were more and more crazy people running about, and the game was only going to get more intense. She knew she needed to be ready for whatever. If Brendan could get quickly murdered, so could Fiyori, and so could she.

Alba grabbed her bags off the floor and set them on the control panel. She began to go through Kaitlyn's bag. She hadn't touched the contents inside unless she was searching for food or water. The uzi and the landmine were still inside. She had read the instructions for the landmine a few days ago, so she had an idea for what to do. She put the remote for it in her sweater pocket. She folded Jon's jacket and left it on the panel. If Jon came by, he'd at least know she was there.

She began to seal up Kaitlyn's bag and turned to Fiyori.

"How are you doing?" she asked.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba was quiet as Fiyori replied. It sounded like Fiyori was as displeased with the announcement as she was. Fiyori's reaction was a lot more resolute and stronger than Alba's. It was strange. A few days ago, going after people for revenge seemed horrible. Even when she went after Kimiko after she killed Bradley, all Alba could think of was capturing her and holding her hostage. But that was before more than half the people here were murdered, and before people like Kimiko killed over and over again.

Fiyori wanted to hunt down and murder two people, and Alba didn't even find it that shocking a proposal.

"Yeah... I can see that..." she said.

She hung her head a bit.

"They're just going to keep killing, aren't they? I mean, at this point, why even stop?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What was Alba going to do right now? Was she going to sit in the tower and listen to Jenny from the Block? Was she going to go wander off alone and let some horrible fate befall her? Was she going to go off on a revenge quest against Jae and whoever else was left at this point that was clearly playing?

She had a bevy of choices, and each had their pros and cons. She paused and thought quietly. After surviving nine days on this island, what was Alba's choice for Day 10 and beyond? She hung her head down a bit, then turned to face Fiyori.

"I'll go with you," she said.

Alba sighed.

"But I'm not going with you to hunt people down. Believe me, I'm just as angry and sad as you are, but I want to be smart, and I want to be careful. More importantly, I want to protect anyone left who matters to me in the slightest."

Alba slung the bags over her shoulder and faced Fiyori head on.

"If we run into Jae, Kimiko, or whoever's playing and they try to kill us, I'll help protect you. I'm not happy about it, but at this point, we have to protect each other when we can, even if that means killing."

Alba stepped a little closer to Fiyori.

"But I still want to be the kind of person who can go home after this, if I'm the winner of course, so I do have some boundaries on what we do. Does that work for you?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba froze when Fiyori gave her response. Fiyori wanted them to part, but said Alba was free to do whatever she wanted. Fiyori walked past Alba and out of the tower. Alba turned and watched as Fiyori began to leave. She shook her head.

"Like hell," she muttered to herself.

Alba adjusted both of the bags and straightened herself out. She clutched the rifle and began to make her way out of the tower. She was staying with Fiyori, and she wasn't going to spend the rest of this game alone or full of regrets. Even though Fiyori was starting to pick up the pace, Alba was going to catch up.

Alba hurried out of the tower and after Fiyori. She had made her choice.

((Alba Reyes continued in The Ten Duel Commandments))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Radio Tower · Next Topic »
Add Reply