Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
This Is The End Of His Story
Topic Started: Jun 5 2017, 06:30 AM (743 Views)
Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from The Ones You Trust))

Brendan wasn't sure what to do anymore.

The other day he and Alba had been unsucessful in trying to find Ty and they spent hours on trying to be hopeful in finding him. But they finally gave up on that and then they both made their way over to the bridge as it was getting darker outside. They had managed to meet up with Jon and they made a plan to stay somewhere else for the night as the bridge would have been too open for them to get attacked by anyone who came across them. They made their way over to the asylum and they each got a room in the wards to rest in for the rest of the night.

Brendan wasn't able to sleep at all. All he could see when he closed his eyes and tried to force himself to sleep; were Jerry, Bernadette and Jaime's dead bodies and he never wanted those images in his mind again. He had been laying on his rusty bed for hours on end, staring up at the ceiling. Not really thinking about anything. He couldn't really concentrate on as he was really exhausted and hungry.

The announcements blared into life about two minutes ago. Brendan heard his name again on there. He didn't need the reminder that he was a fuck-up but he couldn't say that to the terrorists' faces. There had been more killings. Three by the same guy. The thing was, was that Brendan felt like he was giving up on caring. They were all going to die in the end. Even the person who 'wins'. They were not going to be the same person anymore. They were going to be dead on the inside. What was the point of this?

Brendan sighed softly. He shouldn't be like this. He had to continue to be positive for Alba and Jon. Just for a bit longer. He had to continue to put on a front. But he hated pretending. Everything was going to go to hell soon. He was having a gut feeling. A very bad feeling.

Brendan slowly but surely sat up on the bed and swung his legs over the side. He let out a yawn of tiredness. His stomach was grumbling. He had to eat something. He leaned over and his picked up his bag from the floor. He unzipped the bag and he froze as he stared into it. He still had Jon's revolver in there. He should remember to hand it back to him after he had finished off his bar that was now in his hand.

As he took a bite out of the bar, he wondered if the other two were going to be awake and leaving their rooms soon.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan pulled a face of disgust as he chewed on the bar and swallowed it down his throat. They really did taste so horrible. But it was still something to eat. So he couldn't even complain about it. He took out a water bottle, took off the lid and he took a few small sips of it. It helped a little to clear his sore throat slightly.

He let out a coughing sound and tried his best to hold back anymore. He wondered if he could rest for a while longer. Alba and Jon wouldn't mind, right? His hand gripped on the bottle a bit. No, he couldn't afford to laze for even one second. If he wanted to make Alba more proud of him, he had to try harder for both her and Jon.

He could hear footsteps outside his room and then he heard the person knocking. His head whipped upwards as he heard Alba's voice and he automatically felt himself smile. Alba was the one that he really needed to talk to right now. He didn't want to bother Jon right now. He felt closer to Alba and he still wanted to make sure that everything was going to be okay between him and her. He didn't want to let her down again. Not after Jaime.....

He put the bottle down onto the ground and then he put the half-eaten bar back into his bag. He stood up from the bed and his vision got dizzy for a few moments. He really wasn't doing so well. He was still smiling, but the smile was more weak now.

"S-Sure..... You can come in, Alba." He called out to her, staying right beside the bed and he rubbed his hand over his arm awkwardly. "I couldn't sleep anyway...."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan had a heavy heart about Jon right now. The announcement would possibly make Jon less trustful of him again. He wondered if things were going to be okay. Possibly not. But he had to keep positive. This was no time for him to be down. He was supposed to be in control of himself. At least Alba was here to keep him on his toes. He had to be there for Jon this time. He couldn't run away from his responsibility. Not anymore.

Brendan shook his head and managed this time to actually get himself up to his feet without getting another dizzy spell. "No, not yet. I think we should let him rest for a while longer." He paused briefly. "Although, the announcement.... Maxim and Fiyori...."

He went silent and looked down at the ground. He wanted to block their names out of his mind but he couldn't deny the truth. Maxim had killed someone. Fiyori had killed again. He didn't know what to feel about either of them. He didn't know which one hurt more. Just hearing two of his friends, one being his former crush, just shattered his heart deeper.

"Alba, do you think I can really be a good person? I don't want to be a despicable murderer anymore. I want to be someone you can be proud of. I want to help you and Jon get to the end of this. Even if I end up...." He trailed off, looking back up at her. "....You know."

Brendan had to say it. He didn't do why. It was driving him crazy. It was strange. He had grown closer to Alba in a way. He wasn't sure what feelings he had towards her. Maybe it was love. Maybe he finally found his own true love. Even if it was in the worst situation possible. Maybe he was losing his mind. He didn't care. He had to say it.

"I know that I am going to sound like I'm delirious for saying this but.... I want to be the guy that you can be in love with because I.... I'm in love with you, Alba."

There. He said it. Did he really just confess like that? What was Alba going to think? He was actually scared of what she would say back.

Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan should have seen that answer coming. Definitely the worst time for him to say those words to her. He was trying not to feel more self-hating. It wasn't Alba's fault that he was such a screw up. It was his fault. He wondered if he could ever change her mind about him. Why did it hurt so much? He had to get out of this room. Get Jon and then they could do whatever they were going to do next.

"....S-Sorry, I'm sorry. I put you on the spot there, Alba. I shouldn't have said anything. I.... Sorry." He was trying not to choke up and he moved his gaze towards the door. "....I.... I'll go and get... get Jon...."

He moved towards the door and felt himself stop beside Alba for just a few seconds. He couldn't look at her. He felt like he wasn't allowed to now. He wanted to stroke her cheek. But he didn't. He was going to regret his words to her forever.

"....I can't make anyone happy. I'm sorry, Alba...."

He then walked out of the room and headed to Jon's room, feeling the tears rolling down his cheeks. He couldn't stop them. He couldn't do anything about it. He was always going to be a crybaby. He stopped outside Jon's door and he knocked on the door. Then he leaned against the wall, sniffing a little.

"H....Hey, Jon? C-Can we talk...?"
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was relieved that Jon did turn him away. He was glad that the other boy was willing to actually talk to him. He really must have done something right yesterday. He didn't mess up with Jon and he felt a little happy about that. Still, he was feeling down about Alba. That was his actual first confession to a girl. To tell her that he was in love with her. It wasn't like how he used to get crushes on almost everyone he saw before. No, it was his real feelings. He wasn't going to stop loving her. Not ever.

He wiped away his tears quickly with the back of his hand. He didn't want Jon to know that anything was wrong. He had to be okay. Just pretend to be okay. Everything is fine, everything is fine, everything is fine.

He was opening Jon's door and peeking in at Jon before he heard Alba's voice behind him. She didn't want to get left out. He didn't mean for her to think that he was going to give her the cold the shoulder. He wasn't going to do that. He wasn't like that. He wanted Alba to stay close to him and Jon.

He turned towards Alba and he gave her a genuine, sweet smile. "S-Sure, Alba. You can come over. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." He said honestly, then he held out his hand towards her. "I want to make things right again. Let's do it. The three of us. Together."

Everything is going to be fine....
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan looked back and forth between Jon and Alba. He was asking if he and Alba were both okay. Brendan honestly hoped that he and Alba were going to be fine. But that was wishful thinking. Nothing was going to be alright between them. At least, not right now. Maybe he could get a chance to sort things out with Alba later on. Right now he had to focus on what the three of them would be doing next.

"I think that Alba and I am do-"

He felt something embedding itself into his stomach and it made him let out a gasp of surprise and sudden agony. He couldn't even get a chance to realise what happened to him as he was falling backward and he landed awkwardly onto his back on the ground. He couldn't think or breathe for a few seconds.

What just happened to me? Who, who, who...?
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything was a blur afterwards for him. He heard gunfire going off. Alba? Jon? He didn't know. He was trying so hard to not focus on the pain flowing through his body. He then felt someone moving him. To safety? Yes, safety was very important right now. He was now leaning against a wall, sitting down and letting out a small wheezing sound. He really need some first aid. How could everything just get so bad like this?

He wasn't even crying. He should be crying. Right...?

He then got Jon's face in front of him. Telling him that he and Alba were going to fix him. Fix him...? He looked down at what was sticking out of him. His blood was there. He realised that it was a crossbow. Jae had shot him. Again. But it looked like it was more fatal than the last time. This was his stomach, not his shoulder. Jon was trying to not to panic for him.

Brendan smiled at him slowly.

"I.....It's okay, Jon. It is going to b-be alright...." He coughed roughly and he tasted the bitterness of his own blood in his mouth. "....Y-You and Alba can do it...."

He blinked a little, trying to focus on Jon's face more clearly. It was getting harder for him to stay awake. He was so exhausted. He wasn't even mad at Jae for doing this to him. He hoped that Alba and Jon could go on together. He hoped so.

"I-I can't come with you...."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan knew that Jon and Alba were trying their best to be reassuring to him but he knew how this would end. They couldn't even risk the chance of pulling the bow out of him as it could making the bleeding worse and it would make it more sufferable for him if they did so. It was getting more tough for him to keep his eyes open. How much longer could he keep himself awake? He never really thought that he would be dying right now. He was scared about this. Who wouldn't actually be afraid of dying in front of people who he didn't want to leave?

"W-We all know what is going to hap-happen to me, g-guys...." Brendan's voice was getting more weakly by the second and he forced himself to try to speak more clearer. "It's not J-Jae's fault. If you see h-h-him again, tell him that I forgive him and t-that it was never his fault..... P-Please.... H-Ha...."

He took a few moments to think about what he could never do now because of this and those terrorists. He could never work on his stories, he could never ask Penny for advice, he could never make his father and his grandparents proud, he could never achieve his life-long dream, he could never hang out with Jon, he could never ask Bernadette to help him with his plans for his novels, he could never tell Maxim that he hoped that they could remain best friends, he could never tell Fiyori that he would like to try her food one day and he could never.... never get the chance to make Alba happy.

"....Alba, J-Jon.... I...."

Brendan squirmed as he tried to push himself to get up. It wasn't working, but he had wanted to try. He didn't like being on the floor. He could ask them to help him move over to the bed. But he didn't want to hassle them with that bother.

"Alba.... P-Proper answer....? What do you.... you...?"

It was getting more harder and harder for him to speak. His body was starting to feel paralysed. So he struggled to reach out his hand to Alba again. He noticed that Jon's face was starting to become blurry beside him. It was almost time for him to go.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan's eyes were drooping as Alba and Jon were talking to him. He could hear the emotional sounds as they both spoke. He felt like a bad person for making the both of them cry. But he knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. Still he was glad that he wasn't alone right now. He would have been more afraid of dying without anyone around him as he did so. He hoped that his family would be able to remember him as he was before everything here changed him into someone he never wanted to be.

He felt his hands being held by Jon and Alba and he felt a single tear roll down his cheek. He could only hope that Alba and Jon would be able to take care of each other in the long run. He had to let go. Which his body was slowly doing as his hands were starting to go limp in theirs.

Time was almost up for him.

"I..... promise, Jon.... I-I will...."

He coughed weakly. He needed to say something to Alba. Anything. He still loved her with all his heart. It also warmed his heart that she considered him a part of her family. She really was his heroine. His rock. His.... His....

"F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."

Brendan Harte then felt himself slip away with a smile still present on his face.

B030: Brendan Harte - Deceased
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Regular Wards · Next Topic »
Add Reply