Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Staff Responsibility/Accountability
Topic Started: May 30 2017, 02:31 PM (3,016 Views)
CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
I was going to wait to throw my two cents in on this whole thing. I was going to let myself exit the game and wait and see what happened next. I was under the impression that, on some level, SOTF_HELP taking Scout was going to lead to the inactivity death, but I was also hoping, somewhat foolishly, that it would keep Scout in limbo - SOTF_HELP is a neutral entity inofitself, and placing Scout under its jurisdiction seems like the most neutral place to put her - until this dispute was solved, or, at least, an understanding was reached. I am under the impression that an understanding has not been reached, and Scout was killed anyway.

Now what I'm about to say might not come as a shock to some people, but I side with Ciel and MW on this one. That's primarily a matter of their argument being more persuasive for me personally, and because of my opinion that, like Grim_Wolf, the rules work for the site and not the other way around. As far as I can tell, leniency seems to be the majority opinion of this thread, as I can count MW, Ciel, RC, Grim_Wolf, Goose (roughly) and myself on one side of the debate, Zetsu somewhere in the middle, and Rattle on the other. This is by no means any indication of the general consensus on this forum, only a tally of who has participated. Rugga popped in and asked a question, but as far as I can tell, and please correct me if it turns out I'm blind and wrong, that that was her only participation in the thread and not an affirmation of stance on this. If anything, I'd really want to see more opinions from those siding with staff on this issue, because as it stands the lack of real communication, official or otherwise, between sides of the debate, gives me a bad feeling about the whole thing.

As far as my own personal involvement, I have, essentially, none. I'm just a concerned handler, and I don't have my own horse in the race. The implications of whatever decision or culminating opinion this results in affects the whole site and site culture, but as it stands, nothing affects me directly. However, these implications, whatever they may be, worry me greatly.

I merely wished to voice my concerned at some point, but the decision to kill off Scout before an official staff statement was made troubled me greatly, and I felt like I needed to get something off of my chest, something that has been plaguing my mind and burning in the embers of my thoughts for too long.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
While I do think that response is a bit heated, RC, I do understand your sentiment. There are so many things I wish I felt more comfortable saying about this whole situation and I really appreciate your courage in saying them. It's probably what's been on a lot of people's minds anyway, including mine, in a sense.

This whole thing saddens me, too. I just request that we keep it civil, at the very least. Please. What you suggest, RC, is drastic measures, and I'm not entirely sure that it's time for those to be taken yet, if ever.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Support/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply