Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Staff Responsibility/Accountability
Topic Started: May 30 2017, 02:31 PM (3,022 Views)
dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not really sure what my opinion is about everything else; but while this isn't the primary thing being debated here, in my opinion showing leniency in the case of "hey please I was literally in the middle of writing a post" is the best thing to do for the health and good feelings of the site?

Like, in the rules as written, staff would have been entirely in the right to deny Ciel's first appeal (ignoring everything else that happened afterwards) but I honestly think that strictly keeping to the rules doesn't give much of a benefit to the site. Like, in the hypothetical scenario where Ciel appeals immediately after he receives the terminal inactivity notice, denying it would be "correct" but it removes another character from V6 and doesn't leave anyone feeling satisfied, especially when the handler is still around and active on the site.

I guess showing leniency would theoretically leave the system open to abuse of people waiting until the very last second and then appealing, but I don't think we should just assume that handlers would do that if we cut a terminally inactive dude a single break.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
See, it WAS your fault, but I'm honestly not sure how the site benefits from completely eliminating a handler who's still interested in the game and would likely stay active, especially this close to endgame.

You're not happy. Nobody who was following Bart is happy.

Like, I get that additional chances have to end somewhere and both you guys already used your first warning, but I still think being more lenient in these cases would be a net good.
Edited by dmboogie, Jun 7 2017, 09:56 PM.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Support/Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply