Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Yugi Ranks 50 SotF Characters Chosen By You; Hey, maybe it's a critique thread that I'll be on top of /and/ a ranking topic that I'll complete both at the same time!
Topic Started: May 28 2017, 04:36 AM (733 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NOMINATIONS

Hey! I had this idea in my head for a bit so I'd figure I'd do this. Not a lot to really say about the concept: give me characters, I'll read them, and once I do things for all of them I'll make a list with write-ups ranking them from worst (although if the pickings are good that won't necessarily mean bad!) to best. Just a couple ground rules first:

• Only SotF characters. Main or Mini are fine, and if there's another offshoot of this site still standing I guess I can take a look at that, but I'd rather look at things in a format I know well.
  • Only dead characters or people with their stories finished.
  • Only characters handled by you. If you adopted them or adopted them off I'll likely look at their whole run between handlers as an overall thing but if you want me to read Blood Boy or something I won't unless you're Ciel.
  • Maximum number of three nominations per handler, with a minimum number being one. I don't want this to become too big, if that's okay.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything I particularly want or need to cover (if there is, I'll likely mention it in the thread or edit in here) so you can nominate now! They end in a week, where I'll cut it off and get the number.

So yeah, nominate! Do it!

EDIT: By the way, this is a critique thread first and foremost. Although there is a comparison element to it, the main idea is that every character will be talked about as if I have read through them and critiqued them, with the ranking thing being something on the side that may or may not interest people. Assume this as me doing a one-time critique thread of multiple characters per-hander, if anything.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gene, Darius, Conrad.

i hope i win

Rule 5: No one is allowed to submit a character better than Gene

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
By the way, for those concerned about the comparison aspect, this is a critique thread first and foremost. Although there is a comparison element to it, the main idea is that every character will be talked about as if I have read through them and critiqued them, with the ranking thing being something on the side that may or may not interest people. Assume this as me doing a one-time critique thread of multiple characters per-hander, if anything.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugi asked me to also throw characters in, just to clear the record.

Ben Fields and Tina Luz. If you want a third for comparison's sake you could work with pre-adopt off Irene but that's only if.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Gonna throw in Zoe Walker and Will McKinley into this.
V6

V7

I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy (Virtua), Erin Underwood (PV2), Jaxon Street (TV2)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene Wolfe (v6) and Adonis Alba (v5)
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
you guys all broke rule 5 ;_;

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
O_O

I'm only going to put one character in here and it's Isabel Ramirez (V6) just because I know you don't like her and you've never really elaborated on why.
Turtle's Signature

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is a neat project.
Sebastien Bellamy (TV2) and Cristobal Morales (V6) if you don't mind.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll pull the last kid to die from each of my last three games for fairness.

Please review Noah Whitley (V6), Asa Rosen (TV2), and Claire Monaghan (V5).
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to only throw Scarlett McAfee (V6) at you.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll throw in Garrett Wilde(V5), Gabriel Munez(TV2) and Ty Yazzie(V6)!
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
Gonna through Arthur Bernstein (v6) into the game! Be gentle to bucket hat kun
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bradley Floyd (v6), Kiziah Saraki (v6), Yagmur Tekindor (TV2).
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Critiques · Next Topic »
Add Reply