Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Ones You Trust
Topic Started: May 21 2017, 12:23 PM (498 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from Que sera, sera))

Alba stayed quiet as she and Brendan made their way to the docks. Alba wasn't sure what to talk about during the trek over. She had just told her best friend here that she would kill him if it came to it. Was that the kind of person she was now that she had been put through this game, or was this someone who was always there? Was this the kind of person she wanted to show her parents and younger siblings? She wasn't sure, and she was scared to think about what they'd think if they were watching this.

As they walked, Brendan asked Alba if she really trusted him. Alba was surprised. She thought she made it clear back in the dorms how she felt about him. Maybe he just needed to know if she thought he could betray her.

"I do trust you," Alba said. "Like I said, I think you want me to trust you and to be by your side. I don't think you'd be able to live if you betrayed me. I don't think you can do something like that."

Brendan then confessed something else. Brendan apparently wanted to ask Alba out if they hadn't been abducted on the trip. It looks like he was serious back when he asked her to Sadie Hawkins. Alba's mouth hung open, and she turned slightly away.

"Oh...um..." she stammered.

How was she supposed to respond to that after everything that happened?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba was prepared to respond to Brendan's comment. Well, she would have, had she had some more time to think. Unfortunately, they were interrupted by Jon. Alba should have been glad to see Jon, but knowing he killed Amanda and was now hurling insults made her less than thrilled to see him. Jaime wasn't even cold yet, and the way Jon was talking could cause Brendan to launch into action. Alba wasn't sure if she was ready for that. She really just wanted to walk away peacefully. Even so, she kept a steady grip on the rifle.

Fortunately, Brendan seems to be heeding her advice. He told Jon what they wanted and offered Jon back the bag he took. Perhaps that would calm Jon down. Alba decided she needed to help as well.

"Yeah, we're not trying to do anything crazy," she said. "We're just looking for Ty. That's all we're doing right now."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So Jon wasn't buying it. Alba felt herself getting more and more nervous. A partnership with Jon was looking unlikely at this point, so the best thing to do would be to walk away and pray that no one had to die. Alba was at least glad that Brendan was heeding her advice and trying to talk to Jon. She wasn't sure how effective it was going to be. Either way, she had to hope she wouldn't have to raise her rifle against him.

Alba moved a little closer to Brendan.

"Bren, we can leave," she whispered. "If Jon doesn't want to come, we can just go."

It felt horrible to leave someone behind, but it was becoming more apparent things weren't going to go well here.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba remained where she was as the boys continued to talk. She was so afraid that things would turn sour no matter what was said. Brendan was restraining himself really well considering what Jon was saying to him. She was worried Jon might say or do something that could change Brendan's tone instantly, but that didn't seem to happen.

Jon then asked Brendan to kill him, dropping his weapon. Alba tensed up. She knew that another kill, no matter what excuse was given or how it was stated on the announcements, would put a larger target on Brendan's back. At the same time, killing a friend would be something absolutely terrible for Brendan to go through. He was already feeling guilty for the three deaths he caused, and repeating his murder of Bernadette would probably break him further.

To her relief, Brendan hugged Jon, making a final plea with him. She exhaled a bit. She hoped Jon could finally be swayed, and maybe this would be the moment that they all walked away from this place in peace and towards wherever Ty was.

"Please," Alba muttered to herself. "Please just go our way..."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It looked like things were settled. Jon wasn't going to kill Brendan, Brendan wasn't going to kill Jon, and a truce had been made. However, it looked like just Alba and Brendan would be going out to find Ty. Alba would have protested, but she could see Brendan agreed with it. She had no idea what was in store, or if this would be a good idea or not. However, the boys seemed set on this, so Alba went along with Brendan.

"Yeah, let's go," she said to Brendan.

As they started to walk, she turned back to Jon.

"Please be careful," she said.

As they walked away, Alba patted Brendan on the back.

"You did well. I'm really proud of you."

She smiled a bit. Maybe this was the moment things would turn around for them.

((Alba Reyes continued in This Is The End Of His Story))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Docks · Next Topic »
Add Reply