Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
This Nearly Was Mine; private; afternoon - day 8
Topic Started: May 9 2017, 02:27 AM (957 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Vanessa Stone continued from Keep Cam and Carry On))

Another day, another lot of nothing.

Yeah, more people were dead, but that was really starting to lose all impact. Kind of a suck way fo looking at it, but it was the truth. Kaitlyn had bit the dust too, and it had been a surprise, but she had to keep moving forward. Alessio was still kicking, after all, and that’s what mattered. It’d be pretty stupid if she’d spent all this time looking for a corpse, after all.

Vanessa’s travels had led her to the cindered ruins of the library, its smoky ashes standing out even against the rest of the island. Whoever had done this must’ve really hated books.

She let out a half-hearted snort. Her wisecracks were starting to feel pretty wasted with no-one to hear them.

As she rounded a corner, weaving through the remains of the bookshelves out of sheer boredom, she chanced across Maxim. She froze for a moment, taking her measure of him. He wasn’t someone she recognised, which meant she didn’t know what he’d been up to. Meeting Kimiko had been a lesson on what that could mean.

“Heeeeey.” she trawled out, keeping a distance as her eyes glanced at the bow and arrow sitting in Maxim’s hands. Whatever, she wasn’t here to pick a fight.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Yeah, I’m good…”

Was this guy, though?

There was definitely something off about him, sort of like how Nancy was when she’d first met her, way back on the first day. Not panicky scared, but definitely off, and definitely armed.

She stood where she was, gripping the strap of her daypack as she eyed up Maxim. Some smouldered pages crunched under her foot as she shifted her weight, interrupting the tense silence. Something in the back of her head was voting against getting too chummy with Maxim.

Better to get right to the point, then.

“You seen Alessio anywhere? Alessio Rigano?”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa’s face lit up.

Finally, someone knew Alessio! Someone fumbling with a weapon who was creepy as hell, but still!

His own question did make it just a bit awkward, though. Her face fell again, but not completely. It was a strange expression, caught between excitement and uncertainty.

“I just want to talk to him.” She finally responded. It wasn’t a lie, and for all she knew it might’ve been the whole truth. It wasn’t what she wanted, what she wanted was to let Cams rest in peace, but doubts about her intent had been gnawing away at her since talking to Kimiko. What a bitch.

She folded her arms in a defensive manner, trying to steel herself and her resolve. “He did kill my best friend, so, you know.”

Saying it hadn’t helped as much as she’d hoped.

“Can you just, like, give me some directions, if you know where he is? Or just, something to help me pick him out? Distinctive features, that kind of shit.”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Wait, what?"
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa turned back when she saw that there was no-one there, a sense of dread filing her as she realised she’d fallen for a ruse, but it was far too late.

The arrow caught her in her shoulder, boring deep into the flesh and sending her crashing to the floor. There was that sickly moment where she was just staring at Maxim, bow still in his hands, wandering what the hell had just happened. It didn't last long enough.

She didn’t scream, she just stared at him, mouth agape, eyes pulled back in panic. A horrible burning feeling was searing through her shoulder, but that had been shoved aside by the presence in front of her. As that sickly moment passed, thoughts raced in.

Run. Get out of there. Get away from him.

She tried to do just that, scrambling around on her one good arm and stumbling up to her feet. Barely a second later she was falling back down again, as her foot caught in the mangled debris spread about the remains of the room. She went down hard, getting tangled between her limbs, the arrow sticking out, and the heavy daypack weighing down on her. She tried to recover, get back up and keep running, but she wasn't moving fast enough.

She could hear his footsteps approaching.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He was too close, she wasn’t far enough. She ground her teeth against each other as she realised that she was royally fucked.

Running wasn’t an option, and there was no way she could get her leg out of her bag in time, not with her arm like this and him right there. She flipped onto her back, pushing herself with her good arm and trying her hardest not to yell out from the pain in the bad one. The best she could stop at was a harsh grunt, as the blood spread out from her shoulder.

She looked up at Maxim, staring him in the face. She didn’t dare look scared, channelled all her adrenaline into righteous anger. Her blazing stare could’ve pierced a bulkhead, even as the sweat ran down her face.

“Fuckin' bastard!” she yelled, maintaining her eye contact as she grasped with her functioning hand for anything that could help. She saw the hammer he was holding in his hand, knew what it was for. Kept focusing on looking furious, rather than terrified.

She couldn’t grasp anything. She couldn’t find her balance to get up and run. She couldn’t do anything that would give her the upper hand.

So she did the only thing she could think of, and spat right in his face.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He was still coming, she hadn’t stopped him. She hadn’t thought it would stop him, but it should have stopped him. This wasn’t supposed to be happening. It was happening too fast, too suddenly, and it wasn't supposed to be happening.

She tried to push herself back again, still trying to get away, but he was already on top of her. She winced under his foot on her chest, trying to twist him away, to free herself, but he was too heavy. The sun was hanging behind his face, blinding her when she tried to stare up at him. She tried to bring her bad arm up to shield herself, only to fail at that too.

Through gritted teeth, she started to whimper in the brief moment she had left. She wanted to beg, to plead. Anything to get away.

But she wasn’t going to go out like that.

“EAT SHIT AND DIE!”

It was the last thing she screamed, as the hammer crashed down on her skull and caved it in.

G050: VANESSA STONE – DECEASED
41 STUDENTS REMAINING

V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply