Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Effect Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: May 1 2017, 07:12 PM (22,108 Views)
frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
role pm received
Links

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yay
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Goose do you have a post restriction?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@kermit really into the white text. very easy to read on a phone. makes the game super accessible.

catching up on like 45 pages was going way too fast and i really wanted to waste like, a solid few hours on this, so i'm glad i had your cancer formatting to slow me down
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ep

Fuck it. Let's ride this dragon cuz I never listen to RC and it always bites me XD Can't vote on phone but it's coming out when I get home.
this is not a towny vote. town doesn't feel the need to give their votes disclaimers. "let's vote zetsu but not for any of my own reasons but because someone else said so and i'm not listening to them because of stuff that happened in this game but because of stuff from other games. also i'm starting this with "fuck it" to imply that this i'm not taking this too seriously so people won't read into this too much, even though this is a serious vote and i'm going to push this train some more later with the exact same spurious bullshit reasoning"
ep

(As an aside, we really, really should be considering that good good RC train folks. If Vyse isn't coming across as scummy to the majority and I really am being a loon over here, pleeeeaaase let's hop on one of RC's targets. Dude has a hell of a track record and I'm gonna feel so bad if we waste it another game >.>)
still no actual reasoning behind zetsu push other than "rc said so". rc is amazing town, i'm not arguing. the tricky thing about mafia though paige is that we don't know whether people are town or scum, and so it deciding to trust them wholeheartedly can sometimes be actually quite a bad idea! flare's a great townplayer too, but i'm not gonna endorse his reads without question and then advocate other people to do the same just because "well he's been right before!"

at least when you blatantly sheeped mk here you had the decency to make an attempt to justify your suspicions later.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ep

Boy howdy Deamon sure is defending Vyse a lot without actually defending Vyse or explaining why his play makes sense. That's an interesting relationship they seem to have going on.

Sure it's just coincidence that he's the first one to bite back against a check that might link them together and has the potential to out the entire scum team.
@paige i realize you've said you aren't giving reads but that hasn't appeared to stop you from giving them, so could i get an actual read on deamon, please?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@mw why is
ep

Maybe scum has fake claims, or maybe there are town rolls that don't get pictures(say generic townies) or maybe there are other complications.
soft claiming, but
zetsu

Incidentally, quoting from the pm would allow us to reveal role as well as flavor.
isn't?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
grim

A quick summary:

1. You pushed against the idea of massclaim on the grounds of 'fun' and then allowed other arguments against massclaims to go unaddressed (why would you need to? You'd already made your position clear).
2. You've been attempting to control the discussion throughout the game. This is simply Vyse behavior, of course, but if you're Scum it assumes some troubling dimensions.
3. When Kermit makes his case, your immediate reaction is to claim 'my role doesn't fit' which is a nice idea if you're Town, but if you're scum and all your other actions have been made to prevent what you see as the nightmare scenario (a massclaim you're not confident you could survive) this could be your way of making sure no one decides to follow up on the mass claim, since you're now afraid after Kermit's analysis that your own position will be exposed.
4. When I voice my suspicions, you seem baffled as to how they could have ever formed in the first place--which is some fascinating play from someone whose is always so analytical.
@grim could you explain #1 to me? if vyse is opposed to massclaims because they are unfun, why does him then not rebutting arguments against massclaims make him scum?

#2 i also do not understand the logic. vyse is doing what he does every game, but if he's scum it's bad so... therefore he's scum? ohm's posted fuck all, which he does every game... but if he's scum that takes on "troubling dimensions" - should we lynch him too?

you kinda seem to say something similar with #3 - "this could be a scum thing or a town thing but it's bad if it's a scum thing and also guess what it's a scum thing"

this is all very specious reasoning
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yugi

deamon

do all of them
fuck
you didn't do all of them
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ep

I think RC is acting townie and I think he's a good scumhunter. It's that basic.
right but right before you "jumped on the good good rc train" you said
ep

...I'm torn because I don't understand RC's reads and yet I never do and he's always right sooooo
and that doesn't really sound like you think he's acting townie?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@ep i agree that rc is a+ scumhunt but even if he were innocent child it doesn't make sense just to jump on a wagon that zero explanation has been given for and that you admit you don't understand. like, how does town benefit from suddenly getting on a wagon without any discussion or like, justification? because that's what you've been telling people to do. i'm kinda just struggling to see how that's townie behaviour?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@vyse sorry pls explain how calling someone on being scummy is a distraction?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@vyse i find him townier than mk
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
vyse

I'm saying that, from my perspective, Doc is a tempting target because of behavior.

However, I believe that is a distraction from the main prize aka Murder.

This has to do with the swinging pendulum that is my read on Doc taking a turn for misguided Town.

Would be curious about your thoughts on our resident rodent.
so when i play this game what i like to do when someone has behaviour that makes them seem like a tempting target is i like to ask them questions and put pressure on them and try and understand this behaviour. i don't usually dismiss it as a distraction because that makes no sense and how does that help town?

how is mw any more of a "prize" than ep? scum is scum. i am not at all into your attempting to derail this. this day phase lasts forever, we have time to discuss more than one person. how does town benefit from limiting that? when is shutting down discussion ever pro-town?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@ep i'm not pulling a "meta pro strat". what i'm saying is very simple and i don't really appreciate you mischaracterizing it, but whatever i can make it simpler.

discussion=good. telling people to vote without discussion=bad. people explaining why they are voting=good. a wagon where scum are able to jump on without any justification whatsoever=bad.

you are pushing for bad things.
Links

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply