Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Effect Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: May 1 2017, 07:12 PM (21,749 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is going to be my last post in the game. I'm deciding to go inactive.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
decoy73
May 1 2017, 07:12 PM
Rule 1: No talking about the game with your fellow players at any point, unless otherwise specified in your Role PM. It will be highly frowned upon.
by the way you guys, no talking about the game period
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kermit
May 1 2017, 07:39 PM
So, Toxie's town then, I guess.
Posted Image
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm imagining that scum would have fakeclaims, given that we have a direct way of confirming our flavour via massive picture.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, we're not even 12 hours in the game and now I have no idea of what's happening anymore. I think that's a new record for me.

(brief thoughts to follow)
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
vyse you accidently delete your WIP posts all the time

just invest in lazarus already
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Minor scumread on Kermit for this post:

Quote:

So, Toxie's town then, I guess.

and this post:

Quote:

Uh, oh! Possibly meaningless speculation ahead!

Note that this is all assuming that the reapers are the/a scum group, though I'm like 90% sure they are because of
Decoy at the end of the first post

let's kick those Reaper bastards to hell.

Okay, so reaper indoctrination is a pretty important thing in the games, which I'm thinking means there's someone who can switch a townie to scum (I don't think the ability'd have more than one use. It'd be too overpowered). With Toxie starting the game as a confirmed townie, this means that scum could easily get a confirmed townie on their side. Post day-1, we should keep a close eye on any confirmed townies, at least until the (maybe nonexistent) scum-converty-person is dead.

Both just sorta reek of trying to be seen as helpful without adding anything super constructive to the conversation. The first post is blatantly stating the obvious (which is why I posted the Speedwagon picture, by the way - I wanted to say "you're stating the obvious" in a fairly jokey manner) and doesn't offer any new information or opinion on the fact that Toxie just got confirmed. The second is flavour speculation, which is... honestly really pointless at this stage in the game when we don't know anything about how the mafia team works and just sorta feels like its trying to look like its helpful/pull discussion elsewhere.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
because you're a meaniepants
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Inge
May 3 2017, 05:13 AM
I think we should keep an eye out on any suspicious behaviour after this day/night
>implying toxie is going to post much after this day/night phase
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
May 4 2017, 12:41 AM
In other news, can we all agree Kermit is probably Town?

Caveat if you like, but as a general rule?
Haahahahahaahhahahahahaha

aahahahahhahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

haha

ha

VOTE: KERMIT

Trying wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard to be seen as helpful. I'm still on him for the captain obvious stuff and pushing the game into meaningless flavour speculation (which he hasn't bothered to respond against at all, by the way) and his reads + giant page by page things just go into tryhard territory (or try to do things in an effort to fit in: his read of Toben just does a "ahahahaha wow toben is so mysterious and there's no way to possibly read him) for me and just repeat information that other people have said, for the most part.

Minor scumread on Prim as well for being uncharacteristicly quiet. Normally she's pretty engaged, but we've only gotten two posts from her so far, which is weird.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
By the way, that vote was a couple hours coming. Vyse didn't specifically trigger it by making that post.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
May 4 2017, 01:18 AM
Why Kerma over anyone else?
Watching Survivor right now so I don't want to totally put my focus into mafia but I can answer this question right now: nobody else is really giving me a sense that they're actively trying to be seen as helpful by others, they mainly (so far) look like they're trying to play the game and suss out other people.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Maybe it's just because I'm rather sensitive to this at the moment, but how exactly do you expect him to respond to that?

I'm seeing it as -

"You did 'x, y, and z and it was all part of your master plot to unleash chaos and destruction upon our fair forum!"

"Uh, no I didn't?"

"Explain in detail as to why you lack a master plan!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

From what I understand normally in mafia if someone expresses suspicion of you you actually try to defend against the allegations rather than just saying nothing and then acknowledging it later when you mention things that have happened.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Does your read on Prim go anywhere beyond "she was active before why is she not active now?"

Not really, no. It's just that she's normally posted more than this in previous games - where she's always been town - so this is a pretty notable deviation in behaviour that might point to something else.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
May 4 2017, 04:27 AM
Yugikun
May 4 2017, 04:26 AM
Quote:

Maybe it's just because I'm rather sensitive to this at the moment, but how exactly do you expect him to respond to that?

I'm seeing it as -

"You did 'x, y, and z and it was all part of your master plot to unleash chaos and destruction upon our fair forum!"

"Uh, no I didn't?"

"Explain in detail as to why you lack a master plan!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

From what I understand normally in mafia if someone expresses suspicion of you you actually try to defend against the allegations rather than just saying nothing and then acknowledging it later when you mention things that have happened.
I'm just wondering what you're looking for.

One cannot prove a negative.

It just seems like a lot of vocal 'force' directed at two players which I don't follow. Hence this question.
It's mostly just behaviour that strikes as really weird and not good to me: admittedly I'm not good at reading people via text at all and mostly just rely on being a fairly friendly and non-threatening person until someone has a genuine slip-up or I get genuine proof that someone's lying/is scum.

And given the setup of the game and my role, the latter is very unlikely to happen.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply