Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Effect Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: May 1 2017, 07:12 PM (22,111 Views)
VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jesus Christ guys, the thread was posted a few hours ago and there are already 40+ replies.

I'll read through and give serious reads when I wake up tomorrow morning, otherwise though:

VOTE: VysePresident

Gotta come back in style.
Turtle's Signature
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So I actually forgot I was in a mafia game and I was playing Dark Souls.

I'm going to try and make at least one post a day but I can't guarantee I'll make more than that every day. I'll try to be as active as I can manage.

Anyway, as funny as the tunnel fight between Vyse/Zetsu is, it's not really doing anything but disrupting the thread and padding it out with things that I'm willing to bet most people will skip, and it probably needs to stop.

The topic of scum daychat is pretty pointless to talk about, since there's nothing we can do about it if scum /does/ have daychat, and there's not many ways that we can play around it. If they have it, we just have to deal and do our best to figure out who's who, as always.

On the subject of a mass claim, I'm willing to bet that scum have fake/safe claims if Decoy is allowing direct quoting of role PMs. I don't think a mass claim would screw us per say, but I don't think it would actually get us anywhere.

And finally something lighthearted:

Quote:

Another thing you need to know is that Tali is true waifu for male Shepard.

^This is true. Meanwhile Garrus is the best husbando for female Shepard. Dextro alien romance for the win.

More to come later (hopefully).
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Turtle - Doesn't really play day 1 so has not offered much. Was expecting this though so no biggie

Ayy this guy gets it.

Caught up; still don't have much to say right now. Will probably nail the entire scum team to the wall later.

Though I do have this to say:

VOTE: Primrosette

Speak up a bit, even if you don't have much to say.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Didn’t unvote Vyse, when voting for Prim, so is currently voting for Vyse.

Pretty sure you don't actually need to unvote to change votes, unless Decoy isn't running standard rules and I misread.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Regarding Kermit and Yugi's (kinda baffling) scumread: Even if Kermit were pinging scum for me AT ALL (they're not), I kinda wanna keep 'em around solely for those handy dandy summaries, at least for the first few days where this is an absolutely ball/ovary-busting slog to read all the way through. It's a nice, concise way to get a cheatsheet of information together that, yes, you SHOULD go back and read, but if nothing else it can serve as a directory ("Which page did Murder and Zetsu start talking about [blank]?").

This is a solid read. Even if Kermit's scum, the summaries are only helpful to town and keeping him around would be good.

Quote:

@Turtle - I'm just curious why you picked Prim in particular?

Brackie and Prim both only had one post, and Brackie gave a heads up that he wouldn't be active this phase, so I picked on Prim who didn't have an excuse. :p

I am getting bad vibes from both Paige at the mo. Her little fight with Vyse is making me think that she's scum trying too hard to toast Vyse early on. That's only an initial guess, however, I'll need more to work with before I can come up with any solid ideas.

I'm watching, though. :D
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Vyse re: info lynches

Well spoken, I couldn't agree more.

(Don't actually watch past the first few seconds of that, FMAB spoilers!)

As for Yugi, however, I'm not sold on him being the best target for a lynch. I can see why you'd think the way you do, and I'd be willing to give it a shot if we end up coming down to the wire, but Yugi hits me more as town trying too hard to catch scum than scum trying to aggressively push a townie. Scum around these parts tend to be scaredy cats unless they're brazenly overconfident (which Yugi admittedly probably is, even if he's town).

Plush/Paige is hitting bad vibes for me at the moment, as previously stated (even if nothing really new on that front has come up). I didn't read the last mafia game so I'm not so sure of her modern scum play, and I can't really substantiate my read beyond some really basic things, but I've got a bad feeling. Will update if I think I could nail someone's ass to the wall.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ayy. :<

"Nailing to the wall" is a common turn of phrase used in mafia. I myself used it all the time in previous threads and I've seen other examples of different people (including Ricky) use it too.

Also on the subject of sheeping Vyse (ohoho) I agree pretty solidly with Vyse's current read on Toben. We've both got experience with taking down scum Toben (scrubs mafia) and from my perspective it looks like Toben is taking the first decent opportunity to try to lead a mislynch on someone based mostly on a spinnable but pretty flimsy excuse (Ricky's admitted over-reaction).

VOTE: MurderWeasel

I'll admit that Toben v Ricky thing could be two strong town voices going at one another, but I'm not getting positive vibes from Toben right now, at all. That could change, but my vote is staying.

Also, Kermit, I don't think RC has any sort of post restriction. He gives extremely curt posts all the time, it's how the RC do.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Maddie, can I get your Deamon read when you have a sec?

Sure, scumlord. ;)

I think Deamon is town, at least for the time being. He's acting like a townie and hitting a lot of town tells, but obviously I can't be entirely sure of his status. For the moment I'm willing to trust him, but that could all go away with just a few more pieces of information.

Now for the juicy bits.

UNVOTE

VOTE: MurderWeasel

I cannot emphasize enough that I think that Toben is scum this game. He's doing all of the things that he does normally as scum- he's highlighting targets that could be a threat to him and trying to de-legitimize them up front so as to be able to brush us off later, while also suggesting easy targets for potential mislynching. I absolutely don't think it's coincidence that all the main scum targets he mentioned were people that were fighting him and normally strong voices. He's dangerous, and he's already trying to take the reigns of the game and steer them in his direction.

So, sorry Tobe, but... yeah. :V
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

If we lynch Toben today and he flips scum, vig could kill EP. If Toben flips town, vig could kill Vyse.

I don't really support nuking someone based primarily off of flips. Obviously if we actually have a vig then it'd ultimately be up to them, but I myself wouldn't nuke either of Vyse or Paige if Toben flips town/scum. You tend to need more information than just D1 behavior to make a solo judgement like that, and defending/lynching someone who is scum/town does not necessarily make one scum.

Don't shoot from the hip, basically.

(And in light of this, Kermit has gone down on my townie scale.)
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Mod, can we get a vote count?
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's Kamina you dolt.

Get it TOGETHER, Zetsu.

GOSH.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
RE: My general distrust of narrative shaping.

Yeah, you're right, Toben. I don't like narrative shaping! However, I don't really think Vyse is trying too hard to shape the narrative this game. His play right now is reminding me more of his play in Bastard Mafia where he was just trying his best to figure out who the scum team is. Obviously this time I don't /know/ that he's town like I did in BM, and if it becomes obvious later that he's trying to push town in his direction above all others, then I'll get on his ass.

Right now the people who seem to be trying to push town's narrative are you and Paige. Hence my distrust of both of you.

Also remember I haven't played in like eight games. I'm rusted all over. :p
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Reminder that the biggest use of spoilered text is to make sure 80% of the thread won't read what's in 'em.

If Vyse's case were good, he'd be, you know, trying to get folks to read it instead of calling them out by name to browbeat a response.

"Someone is doing something I do when I'm scum, therefore they are scum."

On a more serious note, I do agree with an earlier point that you made in that it seems like Vyse is trying a bit... too hard to push town after you, without encouraging people to think about it beforehand. That's not enough to sway my vote right now but if you end up flipping town... I'll be on Vyse's ass for the rest of the game.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I want to hear what is meant by 'trying too hard' to push 'without thinking about it beforehand'

You saying "vote Murder" without asking people to consider your case. It comes off to me as "I've said words, now do what I want" which I don't really like. A lot of that could totally come down to word choice, which is why it's not swaying my vote (I'm still convinced we're dealing with scum!Toben right now, just badly playing scum!Toben). That said however, if Toben flips town, not only will I be embarrassed for being dead wrong but my view of you will sour.
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Oh god next dayphase is gonna be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Also look at me mom, I'm double posting like Toben and Vyse. Amazing!
Turtle's Signature

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply