Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Effect Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: May 1 2017, 07:12 PM (22,092 Views)
Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've got the role, I've got the power, I've got, um, some band-aids
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As a Mass Effect fan, I could see a lot of different characters having flavor text with the word 'killboner' in it.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree that nothing's really happened yet, tbh. At least nothing of real substance.

A whole lotta game mechanic speculation, which piques my interest but is hard to call anyone out on until we actually see the game in motion. Vyse is being Vyse, Zetsu's being Zetsu, Murder's being Murder, everything's all normal and stuff.

Too normal, one might say...
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If there's one thing I've learned from all these Mafia games:

Never underestimate how many dumb moments people can actually have.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I should probably just stop playing in games with RC tbh

I've just never even gotten close to understanding him

Which is why I'm pretty much just electing to ignore him for my own sanity
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think you're grumpy MK. :)
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grim Wolf
May 4 2017, 10:11 PM
Toxie

So wait, RC makes a vote against Kermit for the list, then zetsu and prim question it, and now we're voting zetsu?

Again, I have no much clue as to what's going on, but.. could we elaborate a bit?

Guys, this post (along with some other subtle clues) means Toxie's basically confirmed Town in my eyes.
Good thing we have this read from you, otherwise we'd have no reason to think of Toxie as town!

And I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there, Kermit?
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kermit doesn't strike me as 'obv-town'. Not that I'm scumreading them ATM, but he's been purely informational up to this point which is far from a purely town thing.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
May 5 2017, 08:18 PM
(To be clear, Kermit's helpfulness is not relevant to my read on him. It's his investment. It feels like a newbie who appreciates the praise and encouragement and is striving to do things. There's more than a little Town flavoring to his posts, and I'm going to be very surprised if he flips scum.)
That's actually a fairly good point. I wouldn't put him on my townreads yet, but this does make me lean more favorably on him.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
May 5 2017, 09:07 PM
I tend to read over the game *at least twice* and stuff
Ain't nobody got time for that
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, in terms of reads... I still don't really have anything strong. I rarely do on Day 1, unless someone decides to massively tip their hand on accident or just do something pants-on-head stupid (as has happened in the past).

Zetsu prunes my nose a little, though they've done that pretty much every game I've played with them, so it might not mean much. Gonna keep a close eye on them. And I trust MK's instinct on MW pretty well, though I'm still holding out a bit for info. If we had to go to vote on the current information, these would be the two I'd be most likely to go for.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
or we could just lynch toben and get to rc's reads later if they apply

i'm down for that
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(also has it ever occurred to anyone that faking a posting restriction is a really really easy thing to do if you're at all familiar with the lore)
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kermit

Unless this is a gambit

Yeah

I think it could very easily be a gambit and am therefore suspect of people going "[x] is definitely 100% town!"
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
May 7 2017, 01:03 AM
Responding to the topic of being able to fake a posting restriction: Of course it's quite possible, but the character with the speech pattern that RC is imitating is almost certainly in this game (it's a fairly popular AND lore-important character), and I would eat my pirate hat if he wasn't. This means RC either IS that character or is faking it and the person who is that character can call them on it any time they wish.

Of course, calling them on it could, potentially, out themselves as that character and therefore a high possibility of one of a few roles. And if anybody else just so happens to flip as this character, then that leaves any reasonably lore-savvy person to make RC the next target by bringing it up in day discussion.

It just strikes me as highly unlikely he's anything but.
or, y'know, mafia safeclaims
V5 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply