Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Classmates; Day 7
Topic Started: Apr 17 2017, 11:02 AM (1,005 Views)
Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from We Are Monsters))

Brendan was near the docks again. He was out of breath from chasing after Jonathan. And not only that, his shoulder was not going so well. He had to try to ignore for now. All he wanted to do was focus on Jonathan. He was pretty sure that he had headed this way. To the place where Michael's body still was.

He shivered. He still wondered if Jonathan was still around. He took some more steps forward, panting and sweating a little. He really didn't feel that great. But he had to push himself to the limit. He glanced down at Jerry's stick in his trembling hands. Would he have to use it on someone? He hoped that he would not have to retort to doing that kind of action.

He looked ahead of him and he could see two people on the docks. One was a girl and the other was Alessio. It looked like he was holding a gun. Brendan felt that it had been a bad idea for him to head over in this direction. Being in the presence of danger seemed to be happening more often to him lately.

Where was Jonathan anyway? Did Brendan manage to get ahead of him somehow? Or had he just lost sight of him?
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Gunshots.

Guns going off was happening all around him. It was absolutely chaos and he was afraid of getting hit in the crossfire as he was in the middle of it all. He couldn't stand there like a open target and get riddled with bullets. Being shot with an arrow was bad enough. And he couldn't move from his spot. Otherwise he would be a moving target for Alessio and Jonathan.

So he took the only option that he thought was the best choice for him to make.

He ducked down quickly and he flattened himself against the ground. He didn't dare move as he was not going to risk it. He need everything to calm down. This was a big mess that needed to be stopped.

But what could he do to defuse the situation?

Brendan didn't have a clue.

So he waited.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan couldn't think. He couldn't breathe. Then he forced himself to let out a few breaths. He had just witnessed Jonathan getting shot not that far away from him. The girl - Amanda - had pretty much saved his life. He realized that there was no way that he could help Jonathan now. He could only watch as Jonathan rolled down the hill and he was convinced that he was dead.

Brendan didn't move from his spot as he was still afraid that Amanda and Alessio would finish each other off. But it didn't seem like they were doing that from his point of view. He wondered if they were going away from this situation without anyone else dead. He hoped so.

He still couldn't help feeling so guilty about Jonathan. If only he hadn't ran off because of the sight of Danny's body. It was too late now. He had missed his chance to make things right with Jonathan. Now he had to try and get back to his other friends.

Wait a minute. Amanda was heading his way. She thought that he was injured. But he wasn't. Maybe it was because he was still laying on the ground. It would understandable why she would think that he had got wounded in that disastrous scene. He had to get up and tell her that he was not hurt. She was offering to go with him. It would be great to not travel on his own. He'd rather not be alone. He felt that that would be a death wish for him.

It was time for Brendan to get up to his feet and to speak with Amanda.

Brendan felt a bit shaky as he slowly got up to his feet, he picked up the stick and then he stepped forward to head over to Amanda so that she didn't have to walk too far. He wanted to meet halfway with her. He could feel his shoulder aching but he shoved the little pain aside in the back of his mind. Focus on Amanda, Brendan.

"A....Amanda, thank you, thank you. I thought.... I thought I...."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What? What just...? What? Why did this have to happen? Why, why, why? What the hell did Jonathan just do?!

He just shot Amanda in cold blood, Brendan. You should never had trusted him!

Brendan could only watch in stunned silence as Jonathan continued to shot Amanda and then the rifle was pointed right at him. Jonathan was going to shot him again and all Brendan could do was stare at Jonathan with wide, frightened eyes.

He couldn't move at all. He was going to die. Just like Amanda was dying. And there was nothing that he could do about it.

"J-Jon.... You don't have to do this...." He spoke quietly and he continued to stare at Jonathan. What could he do now? He couldn't do anything.

Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan didn't say anything as Jonathan started to yell at him. He flinched as he never thought that Jonathan would take it out on him. What he did? What was Jonathan going on about? Was he talking about Jerry and Bernadette? About him running away out of being so cowardly?

"I.... I don't understand...." He bit his lip and then he averted his eyes away from Jonathan's to look down at Amanda's body. "Uh.... Uh..... Do you mean me killing Jerry? Bernadette?"

His eyes glanced over at Michael's body. And then he suddenly kind of got why Jonathan was so hellbent on shooting him. Because he thought that Brendan was indirectly responsible for Michael's death?

"M-Micheal.... I think that I.... That's-That's it, isn't it...?" He asked in a sad tone and he stared back at Jonathan again. He was trying to stay calm and his breathing was getting more funny. "....Jon, I'm sorry. Really, I am. I just..... I just.... Are you going to kill me...?"
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was really going to die here. He had just wanted to stay alive for a little longer. He needed to find the others. Make sure that they were safe. He couldn't let Jonathan stop him. But he just stayed where he was. He was glanced up at Jonathan more clearly. God, the blood..... He hated what was happening to Jonathan. He couldn't stop him from making more choices that would lead to regrets.

"....Just do it."

Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What happened to you, Jonathan?

Brendan's breath was drew in and then he let it out after a few moments. The damage that had been done to Jonathan. It honestly made him have torn feelings towards the other boy. Jonathan wanted him to say what he said again. Why? Why was Jonathan holding back? Brendan thought that Jonathan hated his guts.

He didn't turn his eyes away from Jonathan's. He wanted to let Jonathan know that it would be alright if he died. He just hoped that Jonathan would not feel like he was in the wrong.

"....Just end this, Jon...."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nancy Kyle, Nancy Kyle, Nancy Kyle. You saved a murderer and you didn't even realize it, Brendan.

Brendan felt like Jonathan had just punched him in the gut with what he just said. Now he felt worse about everything that he did. He really was the bad guy and Jonathan was still talking to him but he couldn't even concentrate on the words he was saying. Brendan was the one who always ruined things for everyone. He never could do anything right. God, he really felt like he was better off dead.

Why wasn't Jonathan finishing him off? Why was he still alive? Why did he hate every fibre of himself? Why couldn't he just do it himself?

Because you are still a coward, Brendan.

"H-Heh....." Brendan couldn't help what was starting to come out of his mouth. He was laughing like a mad man. Jonathan had just made something in his mind snap and he was slowly feeling himself break down. He couldn't take it anymore. "HA, HA, HA, H-HA.... Hah.... Nnngk..... Nooo, no, no, no, no!!"

His laughter had turned into sobbing and he laid down on his side in a feeble position, balling his eyes out. Not caring that Jonathan was still pointing a gun at him. Not caring if the whole world was watching him cry like a baby. He didn't care about anything in that moment.

He continued to let out pathetic sobs. He couldn't even look Jonathan in the eye.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

How long had he been laying there since Jonathan had left? How long had he been crying now? Why was he stared at Amanda's corpse? Was he still in shock over everything that happened? Should he just give up on trying to survive this cruel experience?

No. You shouldn't stop now, Brendan. You need to keep moving forward.

He should have been dead instead of Amanda. That was what Jonathan made perfectly clear. But now he still had a choice of continuing to live. He didn't want to. But he needed to see if he could find Alba. He still needed to talk to her about everything. He needed to stop being so upset about Jonathan's revelation to him. He needed to deal with it and then do whatever he needed to do.

Brendan slowly sat up and he wiped the tears away from his cheeks. He sniffed slightly. He then picked up Jerry's stick and then he got up to his feet, still feeling a bit hopeless. He didn't move from where he was standing as he was trying to figure out what he should do next.

Brendan's eyes focused on Michael's corpse. He stepped around Amanda's and he made his way over to Michael's body. He wondered if Michael blamed him for Jonathan's situation if he was still alive. If only he could ask him....

"....Michael, I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything to help Jon.... I wished that I knew that that girl back then was Nancy...." Brendan's voice sounded a bit angry as he thought about it and he lowered the stick down beside Michael. "Here. I don't need this anymore. I think I'm going to be okay for now."

He then headed away from the scene and then he wandered up the hills. Then he noticed something. There was Jonathan's revolver and his bag with a couple of bullets scattered around near the trees. Why had Jonathan not bothered to take them? He didn't understand.

Brendan edged closer to Jonathan's supplies. He should make use of what was there, right? He searched through the bag and he saw that there was a tape recorder. He decided to leave it in there for the time-being. He then gathered up the bullets that he could find and he placed them in the bag, zipping it back up. He then slung Jonathan's bag on his good shoulder with his own bag so that he could take it with him.

He then very hesitantly grabbed the revolver, trying to be as careful as he could with it. He didn't want to mishandled it and accidentally let off a gunshot. He checked the weapon out. It was full. So he didn't need to worry about reloading. Although, he would prefer avoiding shooting anyone.

He didn't bother to put the revolver away. He just walked off to a different destination.

((Brendan Harte continued elsewhere))
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Docks · Next Topic »
Add Reply