Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Minus Something; [Shoot First, Ask Questions Later]
Topic Started: Apr 11 2017, 07:17 PM (1,863 Views)
TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alessio Rigano continued from Takao))

This is where he lost his arm.

Alessio was sweating heavily as he opened the door of the cafeteria. He could smell himself being all smelly and smelling disgusting.

As he opened the door, he could see two girls at the table.

Alessio closed his eyes and pulled the trigger.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He hit Kizi.

Alessio then planned to leave.

He took some steps backwards to run away, but his eyes were caught by the posters. Selfmade, handmade posters, not made by the terrorists or people from the asylum, no, they were made by Alessio's classmates.

He could not see much about it, to do that, he would have to come nearer to the poster.

It were posters relating to the game. He ignored Kizi's bloodiness and her saying something to him. He read the last point of a poster, hanging off the edge of the table.

And the longer we hold out, the more we prove the terrorists wrong. And the longer we hold out, the more likely rescue arrives.

"Did you guys write this?"

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Show me your weapon."

Al said while raising the gun to point it at Lili. He could not stay here if he was in danger of getting shot.

Then, he looked back at the shot Kizi. He tried hard to just look into her face and not the bloody body. That was disgusting.

"Have you heard the announcements? Everyone is playing the game, no one is escaping, no one is getting rescued. Why would you think you two could change it? You are just two people out of too many who are not into this idea."

Alessio was not sure how to think of this unicorn idea. It...sucked. Giving people false hopes before they would eventually die anyway on this island.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lili was unarmed. Alessio lowered his weapon, but did not move in further into the room.

Odd.

Kizi and Lili were speaking oddly. Was Al not himself? Sure, he changed since the island, but for the better, didn't he? He grew up. He was stronger, ready for the real world, was not in his safe world at home. He had strength.

"I have no patience."

Al took a break.

"I don't want to wait any longer. We have been here for too long. If there is a chance of rescue it should have happened. It's too late, already half of us are dead."

He pointed his finger at the two.

"And I am no puppet. You two should be glad that I killed people, you two should be glad. If everyone had killed since day one, this game would have ended weeks ago. But look at this. It's still happening. It's torture. I want to be home. I want to go home. I miss my parents. I might never see them again. But someone here will. And I hope they will see them soon. Because delaying the winner the time of going home, giving them more scenes to experience, get them more traumatised than they already are won't help whoever comes out of it. No experience we will go through this island will be a happy one. It can just get worse."

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Glad you had a good time on the island, Lili!", he shouted at her with an angry face. "I did not have a good time. Good you two found each other. I haven't found anyone. I had to survive on my own and I did what you would have done if you were in my position when the only person who spoke to you was a man with a microphone."

Alessio normally doesn't shout at people, but now he just did. He regretted it instantly after screaming, but he wanted to vent the anger. That pissed him off. These two girls had fun spending time together while he was alone for a week and always afraid of getting killed. They could trust each other, he couldn't trust anyone. They probably could sleep without nightmares. They had a fun and happy time on murder island.

"A week ago, I meant," Alessio corrected himself in whispering. "A week ago, not weeks."

As Kizi spoke, she mentioned names. So, it was not just the two of them. That gave Al some hope that it might be bigger than it seemed. They did posters, probably to spread the message.

"What's with Penelope and Ben? Where are they?"

Really, how should he have know that there were people who would try this? Try this wait for escape thing. He did not meet anyone who wanted that. Serena wanted him to play, to survive. She woke him up so they could do stuff, be productive. She wanted him to get up so they could get her a weapon. Alessio did not choose his path. What other choice did he have other than to follow rules?

"And...you guys really have a plan? Wait until escape comes? A safe zone community?"

Alessio's ego was killed. If...if there were people who would try to escape. Jesus, Henry, Cameron, Hannah, Amanda, Maria. They did not have to die. Fuck, he did screw up a lot didn't he? He couldn't revive them. But how could he know? Al could blame himself, he could blame others, but the fact was that he fucked up. Tears came from his eyes.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alessio smiled.

"I like the idea of an island of peace."

So, it was really a big project and he missed it. Johnny was involved, too. He should have spoken to him in the Gym. Perhaps then, he would have realised that people were trying to resist against the terrorists. It seemed like everyone he met was hostile, crazy, a killer, hiding, lonely, trying to survive.

Everybody was in the kill or get killed mode. It seemed that everyone he met had played the game. Serena tried to survive, Astrid robbed him, Jae was hostile, Henry, Hannah and Johnny looked like they would be hiding, like they would run away from everyone, wait until everybody else dies, just hide, run away, avoid contact, Michael and Maria were playing by the rules, Dorothy too.

But now he knew there were people trying to group together and change a thing.

Kizi and Lili had a vision of an island of peace. An island where nobody kills each other. Alessio could meet his friends again, without fearing getting killed by them. They could do stuff together to distract themselves from their inevitable deaths. They could talk about their lives before dying. Peace.

He put the shotgun on a table nearby the entrance and sat down on a chair nearby. His legs were tired from standing. He wiped the tears away.

"Can...May I join? Or is it too late?"

Of course, it might be too late for him to be in that idyllic island. Everybody is selfish, nobody cared about him. It might be too late for him. They hate him.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They told him he could stay with them. Al wondered if they really meant it.

He was supposed to think of a way to tell that the other group members. He didn't need to tell the others anything. Raina, Penelope and Ben would understand.

Alessio wanted to tell her that she might survive, that he might help to patch it up, but he would have been a fool to have said that. No, the wound did not seem like it would heal. Kizi looked like in pain. She would die from the shotgun wound and perhaps that was better than her staying in pain.

Then Kizi offered that she kills herself for the sake of him not being in the announcement. As if that would have mattered now, after he killed so many.

"I don't care if I am on the announcements or not. You don't need to hurt yourself."

Can he carry her outside, though? His arm said no, he couldn't carry a person. I can try, he said in his head, leaving the shotgun on the table, his bag on his back and moving towards Kizi and Lili to help them.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She was not outside. No.

Kizi collapsed before Lili and her even reached the door. He just stood there, next to them, wanting to help, but decided not helping Lili to carry the weight, because she insisted that she can do it alone. She probably did not trust him with carrying Kizi, which is understandable, for what he has done.

Lili carried the fallen Kizi.

It was really sad to see, it was the saddest he saw on the island, even if that had been the least brutal death he saw here. Kizi just peacefully died while walking outside. Alessio had no clue what to tell the two. Not two anymore, it was just him and Lili.

He said nothing to Lili.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alessio just stood there and thought and recaptured what exactly had happened the last minutes ago. Then, Lili returned.

Alessio shook his head.

"I'm no..."

Smoker. But he did not bother to finish. He hated his voice echoing the room. It was insulting to Kizi who just had died in front of them. He enjoyed the silence.

Lili meanwhile seemed oddly upbeat, despite her looking like she cried. She sang. It was silly for Lili to do that, but Alessio tried his hardest to not judge her for doing that crazy stuff. It was fine.

Alessio was not sure if it was the tone of her voice or himself feeling to so hated, but he guessed a thing. Lili did not like him.

He should leave Lili alone, Lili probably needed time for herself. So Alessio moved towards the table with the posters and read them more thoroughly.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alessio looked at the posters. They were well-made. He liked them. As Lili suggested that he put up a poster, he took one and hung it on a wall in the cafeteria. That had taken much of his energy.

Other than that Alessio had not been productive that night. No, in fact, he slept. He actually just slept, hoping to get some energy back. When he was tired, he placed his shotgun and bag to Kizi's gun and slept next to them, so no one could steal them while he slept.

Some off-key tune woke him up. It was like an alarm clock.

It was early morning, but he wanted to keep on sleeping. The sound though made Alessio open his eyes, but he said nothing and stared at the ceiling.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The door opened and people came in. Alessio tried to stand up from the ground by pushing himself up. Next to him still the weapons, no one took them while he slept.

It was just other people from Kizi's group. No dangerous people.

And Penelope collapsed. It looked like she was dead too. He did not know why and how, but Penelope was also probably dying. At first she looked like she was alright, but then she fell. Alessio felt very panicky while that happened, but he still just stood there.

As Raina asked questions, Lili answered them perfectly, summarising the events that had happened. There was no need for him to say anything.

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That hurt.

Raina, his friend, wanted him to go away. It was Raina who told him that. Perhaps she did not like him as he thought she would.

Alessio stood up. At first he thought Raina walked to him, but then it turned out that she just walked past him to go to his weapons to block him off them. Makes sense.

He walked to the door, unarmed. He listened to the announcement. Yeah, their plan was silly. People still keep killing. Serena killed. Jeremy was dead. And Al's face was covered in tears.

What could he do now?

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Al was not moved by the speech of Penelope, he was not super happy that Lili wanted to stay with him. It was weird how much he could emotionally ignore Penelope and Lili, who were supporting him. Because the important thing to him were the words of Raina and Johnny.

Raina was hurting him more. Johnny told them the story. Alessio was exposed. He was directionless. Because of listening to Kizi he was hurt. He became vulnerable, became emotional instead of rational and Raina abused that to hurt him. She put her finger in his wounds. He found allies who wanted him to get lost.

Alessio walked through the door and closed the door as loud as he could. He had nothing with him. No bag, no gun, no allies. No friends. He wanted to return, but he knew he could not see Raina again.

((Alessio continued in This Nearly Was Mine))

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Cafeteria · Next Topic »
Add Reply