Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia Fallout Thread.; The grief counseling was a lie too. Enjoy the title period, Naft.
Topic Started: Apr 6 2017, 02:39 AM (650 Views)
dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
flare

flaaaaaaaaaare

I meant you were suspicious of me, not that you were suspicious. Not sure if that would have changed anything.

I should have just gone to sleep. :V
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In any case, good game y'all. I thought the special mechanics were super fun, and Paige sure had me fooled until the end.

Posted Image

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
livid
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Will post more on my thought process and reactions after I get back from class.
V5 Characters:

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also yeah, I legit just forgot that doctors can't self-target because idk some bullshit >.>
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Could not have won that without Paige <3 For real I crumple under pressure like an origami swan (although I never have actually been lynched as Mafia before) and I could never in a million years have outlogic'd my way out of zetsu tracking my Mafia kill. The benefit of all the strong pro-town voices being dead by Day 3 I guess~
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I read through the thread before the flip - tbh my scumdar went crazy when Paige went "oh, no point in asking Goose any further questions at all" when there'd be no attempt. Struck me as an attempt to narrow the conversation and seal the deal quickly.

I WAS RIGHT
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Apr 6 2017, 09:50 AM
I read through the thread before the flip - tbh my scumdar went crazy when Paige went "oh, no point in asking Goose any further questions at all" when there'd be no attempt. Struck me as an attempt to narrow the conversation and seal the deal quickly.

I WAS RIGHT
Don't even front that I wasn't 100% correct you salty sausage ;P
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would have legitimately answered further questions, just that I was asleep >_>
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Empress Plush
Apr 6 2017, 08:47 AM
Also yeah, I legit just forgot that doctors can't self-target because idk some bullshit >.>
and this is why i was bamboozled

Posted Image

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Loved the setup, and very well-played by scum. Was especially impressed by Paige's early play (though for the record...) Think I could've been mildly useful had I gotten to share thoughts before getting dayvigged, but realistically a. was 95% gonna go down at that stage and b. wasn't gonna be super active due to external factors.

I think the big take-away for Town from this one is to pay more attention to rules/setup info, because scum should've 100% been dead to rights after the doctor slip, but Town trusted their suspicions over mod-confirmed rules. >< That said, that would've been far less likely without some very fast talking on the part of scum.

Oh, and be active! Inactive first tests hurt my soul.

When a bit more awake, I'll get into the balance some, but the short of it is that I was quite impressed; I at first thought the game was pretty scum-slanted but upon seeing the whole setup I find it very admirably balanced, and both sides had numerous opportunities to spin it to their advantage and turn it into a win.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Some thoughts/explanations:

- My thought process throughout the game was along the lines of "Oh, scum probably isn't killing me because they think I'll slip up and get scumread late game" given my track record. Didn't really stop to consider the fact that Doc was stringing me along the whole time.

- This explains why Doc didn't dance with me. :(

- "bar special circumstances" is the phrase that made me think EP could totally be telling the truth.

- I don't really get how me revealing as Jailkeeper would've helped all that much? Sure, it would have offered an alternate explanation for why no one died that night, but I KNEW EP had a doctor role - I was the one who gave it away, after all. Would've been super easy for Doc to just fire back "Yeah, we both protected the same person, good stuff." No real huge points against them, and I would've painted a target on by back by revealing my power role.

VysePresident

#5: Flare - 8 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Success - Jailkeeper)
#6: Doc - 10 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Fails)

- get rekt scum

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now, but I'm sure I'll be dwelling on it more later anyhow.
V5 Characters:

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was asleeps for the dancing Flare, I danced in my soul tho :(
SotF Characters

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I dunno, Paige, day 4 felt pretty reality-warping. For instance, I was obviously the one on crazy pills that day.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Flare
Apr 6 2017, 12:39 PM
Some thoughts/explanations:

- My thought process throughout the game was along the lines of "Oh, scum probably isn't killing me because they think I'll slip up and get scumread late game" given my track record. Didn't really stop to consider the fact that Doc was stringing me along the whole time.

- This explains why Doc didn't dance with me. :(

- "bar special circumstances" is the phrase that made me think EP could totally be telling the truth.

- I don't really get how me revealing as Jailkeeper would've helped all that much? Sure, it would have offered an alternate explanation for why no one died that night, but I KNEW EP had a doctor role - I was the one who gave it away, after all. Would've been super easy for Doc to just fire back "Yeah, we both protected the same person, good stuff." No real huge points against them, and I would've painted a target on by back by revealing my power role.

VysePresident

#5: Flare - 8 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Success - Jailkeeper)
#6: Doc - 10 (Bid - Jailkeeper <> 1xBookie) (Fails)

- get rekt scum

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now, but I'm sure I'll be dwelling on it more later anyhow.
Just curious, since this was something that stood out for me - why did you assume Doc had chosen the Doctor? I had deliberately made it such that people had no confirmation, and Doc could just as easily have stolen another role.

My thought was that it didn't absolutely prove Doc was scum (Like it did when Doc admitted to two actions, plus context.) but it did give you extra information that Doc could have been bluffing.

Dunno, I sorta see where it fell apart now. Just curious about the detail.

Also yeah, that role list was amusing in so many ways.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply