Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hyphaema; Day 7 morning; open
Topic Started: Apr 5 2017, 12:28 AM (728 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hey."

[[Johnny McKay continued from Another Disappointment of Many]]

It was a subdued entrance.

There would be no other way to do it either way. Ben Lichter had taken a peek through a window into the burnt library. By the sound of the voices replying to him, Johnny recognized Penelope.

Still, he kept his distance. Something caused Johnny to hesitate, and it was something he couldn't quite place his finger on. That moment of hesitation did not last as long as Johnny had feared. He caught up with Ben. Slowly, his walk more akin to a shuffle than what a normal human would call 'going somewhere'.

Johnny have Ben a nod when he reached the guy. Then, he shifted over to the window Ben used just a moment before. Johnny could see Penelope. Johnny could see Raina.

It was less of a triumph than he had hoped for.

"Guess I'm here too."
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The reactions to Johnny's sudden arrival had certainly been varied. Penelope met him with apathy, and the only thing she would spare him were tears. Evidently, no tears spilled for him. Ben showed an even greater apathy and simply left Johnny to be. Went somewhere around the corner. Johnny could care less.

At least Raina was happy to see him.

That had to count for something.

Johnny took hold of the window's edge, and pulled himself up. The library was even worse to look at now that he saw it from the inside.

"Um... well, I was looking for you?"

He halted, got stuck a bit while trying to squeeze through the frame. Dust settled on his face and on his clothes on his everywhere, and the pain in his left hand flared up. This time, he managed to ignore it. This time, he felt he could do it.

Johnny arrived in the library on his feet. He dusted himself off, and sighed in relief.

"Guess I can- uh, guess I can mark this off my list then."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Raina mouthed to him that they'd talk later. Or well at least that was what Johnny had guessed with what he could see. It was fine, though. They could talk later. 'Later' was a good word. Saying 'later' meant you'd try and do something in the future. It was, so to say, a plan which you were having.

She was good at that whole planning thing, wasn't she? Better than Johnny either way.

Penelope acknowledged his existence as well. Which was great, to be honest, because she also stopped crying, though Johnny feared that was just a pause. Couldn't stand to see her crying. Blair's wailing was unbearable enough on it's own, he could do a day without hearing someone spill their tears.

Johnny jaunted over to where Raina and Penelope was. He got what Penelope asked. Quite the dark change of topic there, huh?

He shut up. His eyes wandered over to Raina, curiosity in them, as Johnny waited for her answer.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why'd have to be it in moments like those. Those moments when Johnny felt some vague sort of happiness. Not a deal of peace or stability, but a bout of success - perhaps unwarranted or maybe not - that he'd had to be hit with questions like that.

He didn't know, of course, because it was a meaningless idea to ponder in the first place. All Johnny was left with was a sense of things being 'unfair' or 'annoying', but he knew he'd have no outlet to deal with them. Not in a place like he was in now.

"Well, gotta fill my big to-do-list now that I got ya, huh?"

Finding Raina turned out to be a hassle although Johnny guessed he couldn't claim ignorance. There was some greater sort of ideas playing around, and Raina wanted him to follow along. Speak now, stay silent then. Ah, way too much - way too much to think on and to act on and all Johnny wanted was to live the rest of his days in peace.

He shrugged. The world's final sign for hearty apathy.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So when he just arrived they'd leave again. Well, that was alright with him. Whether he moved or not wasn't really that important. Not too Johnny at least. Now that he got what he wanted, definitely.

Penelope asked the both of them - Johnny and Raina - to catch up. Gave them the opportunity to do so, at least. Raina took her belongings and went on her way too, though. Johnny dared to flash a smile. It felt foul, to show his teeth like that.

[[Johnny McKay, continued elsewhere]]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply