Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The V5 Read-A-Thon; Lets goooo for it
Topic Started: Apr 2 2017, 10:02 PM (6,079 Views)
Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Gimme please
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so Stephanie Wright.

One thing I can say right off the bat after reading her profile is the whole car crash thing made me feel feelings. By the time I had gotten to the part in her bio where she gets car crashed, I had forgotten about the fact that she was wearing an arm brace, so I went from “U go girl : )” after she won the tennis thing to “: (“ after she got in the crash (car not site).

Steph meets up with Mallory in her (Stephs) first thread, and they’re okay as a duo. There’s nothing particularly bad about them, but nothing that really puts them above and beyond. Their main goal on the island is to find a tennis court (because Steph played tennis), which I found nice. A whole bunch of other people pop up and group with Mal and Steph, and then one of them (Zubin) is like “Let’s escape” and M&S are like “No, that’s dumb” and run off. M&S get separated and Steph stumbles upon Hansel pointing his big scary gun at Mallory, and then Mallory dies.

I overall liked Steph in her first four threads. She tended to be overpowered by the other characters in her threads, which I thought helped to characterize her as a generally quiet person. I also liked her response to Zubins escape plans, though I read that yesterday and I can’t remember why exactly I liked it.

Steph carries Mals body to the hospital, popping into Alex and Carlons death thread immediately after they die, and kind of ignores the fact that two people literally just got shot. She asks Cammy Davidson (who is also there) if she is okay and then leaves without waiting for an answer. NEXT THREAD!

Steph goes to the lighthouse and cries for a while and heads back over to the wheat field and finds Clair Monaghan. They talk about how shit everything is and strike up a quick alliance, which ends in Claire leaving between threads. Steph heads to the farmhouse, which has been barricaded by some group. Steph knocks on the door, waits for like a minute, and leaves. (Also the farmhouse got designated as a DZ, but Stephs post doesn’t mention that so i dunno)

Steph wanders on over to the park and OH BOY MARA AND CHRIS AND LEONA ARE HERE! Chris and Leona are like talking or something (Mara’s hiding in a tree, I guess) and Steph just moseys on up and is all like “Can I join you?” and Chris is like “sure” and Leona is like “sure”. Mara is in the tree eating pizza. Mara throws the pizza box (with pizza) at Steph and Leona and Chris. Steph is like “am I crazy?” and Chris is like “no” and Leona snarks. Some stuff happens, Leona and Mara leave, and Chris/Steph eat pizza. Off to Stephs death thread we go!

It’s raining, which is making Steph a bit of a grump. S&C find a corpse, which prompts Steph to question why murder is happening. Chris answers and Steph goes “>:(“ and then punches Chris in the chest. Chris goes “wtf”, Steph flails around, Chris pushes her, Steph does more flailing, and Chris beats her to death. Stephs death post is kind of underwhelming, and I can’t really pinpoint why. It just seemed like a thing that happened and left me thinking “Well, okay.”

Overall, I have mixed feelings about Steph. Her early threads are pretty good, but after that, aside from her thread with Claire and her last two threads, she just enters threads, hangs around for a few posts, and then leaves. Her writing was overall pretty solid (It’s probably better than I can do at the moment.) and I had no problems with her as a character. The only real complaints I have are the aforementioned thread issues, the fact that her mental breakdown/subsequent death came right out left field for me, and that she didn’t really have any relations to anybody pre-island; I can’t recall her worrying much about anyone off island, and she doesn’t really know anyone on the island.

Steph was okay, I guess.

Gimme another
Edited by Kermit, Apr 3 2017, 10:41 PM.
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy

i make art i think????

Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So, uh, I maybe kinda accidentally deleted my write-up for Matt a while ago and then forgot about this.

sorrryyyyyyyyyyy

Matt wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst. That's all I remember.

Not requesting another kid ATM because I'm lame.

i make art i think????

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I need someone to help me recover from v2. Gimme one, please. (Maybe I'll even do a coherent writeup!)

i make art i think????

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAKING A BREAK FROM V1!

P I P P I N
I
P
P
I
N

henlo

PROFILE:
Francis is like, a normal looking dude and stuff. He’s described as very skinny but he’s not as skinny as me and I AM OFFENDED :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((! he wears rich preppyman clothes except for his belt which is a superman belt HAH NEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

BAM V5 LAWYER PARENTS!

Francis doesn’t like Harry Potter. Francis likes Manchester United, though. Francis became a grumpygoo also

Pregame:

ThreadJuan: Francis h8888888888s his “friends” but not his friends. Some lady named Kaliska pops up and she’s like “wow ur having a shit day m8” and Francis is like “yes.” AND THEN HE PUNCHES A LOCKER IN THE FACE BECAUSE HE IS A N G E R Y! He’s like “woah srry” and complains a bunch about how his “friends” are all dickheads but he’s been “friends” with them for a while and he’s like “welp” about it. They talk about college and then everyone leaves. THE END! Overall, a pretty good thread. Serves well to establish Francis’ character.

And then Kermit procrastinated for like a month…

TLDR;

Quote:

Werepuppyn - Today at 4:43 PM
"francis fell down the stairs and landed in a puddle of delicious cream of mushroom soup"

Quote:

KLOUJI GINSENSHIHSNESNIG IJUOLK - Today at 4:45 PM
and then francis got eaten by a soup monster

Quote:

Werepuppyn - Today at 4:46 PM
and that soup monster...... was KERMIT HIMSELF

THE END!

Conclusion: yeah he was pretty good i guess. also tasty. would recommend both reading and eating him.

i make art i think????

Kermit
Member Avatar
eEeEEEeEEEeeEeeeee
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hi I don't think I actually ever asked for a character + I have a shitload of v2 stuff to do so I'm gonna have to throw Meera back into the pile I'm sorry ;~;

i make art i think????

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply