Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The V5 Read-A-Thon; Lets goooo for it
Topic Started: Apr 2 2017, 10:02 PM (5,569 Views)
shotgunkid
Member Avatar
don't take no guff
[ * ]
throw me a kid pls, I've been wanting to do one of these for a bit
2015: V6 Incident
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shotgunkid
Member Avatar
don't take no guff
[ * ]
Okay, Lydia Robbins. One of MW's V5 kids. I'll get right to it: the main issue with her, that I immediately noticed, is simply how plain she is as a character. Neither her profile nor pregame threads presented any dangling hooks to get me interested in her character. It felt weaksauce through and through. Her first pregame thread is an unusually dull scene where she learns to ride a horse. Then she talks to some not-as-forgettable people in the school cafeteria. While the plot moves forward ploddingly, absolutely nothing happens where Lydia puts anything interesting about herself whatsoever. I hoped island would be better, but aside from her somewhat intriguing religious take on the usual island anxieties, she ends up just being kind of indecisive and not entirely 'in' the action mentally.

Well, this would all be fine if Lydia had started trying to change/adapt, but she wasn't really given any time to develop before her story comes to an abrupt halt at the hands of one of TBH's characters. I feel a slight sense of missed opportunity and lost potential here. Maybe she could've been forged into something interesting with time if she hadn't been swapped away on Day (3?) or so. Oh well, water under the bridge now.

Bartender, next.
Edited by shotgunkid, Dec 23 2017, 02:38 PM.
2015: V6 Incident
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply