Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The V5 Read-A-Thon; Lets goooo for it
Topic Started: Apr 2 2017, 10:02 PM (6,070 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ye, roll me one please.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally got through with Chris! Chris was a pretty good read, though his early threads were sort of plagued with spelling errors and redundancy that took me out of his story a bit. I think Chris is a pretty solid example of adoption done well, and Deamon did a good job of getting in his head and trimming down the filler.

While Chris was well-written, he unfortunately sort of faded into the background in his larger earlier threads, to the point where his allies seemed to forget all about him when his activity slowed down, and afterwards he never stuck together with anyone else for long. I liked his death when I first read it back in V5 and still do, both for the subtle power move of forcing Hansel to look him in the face as he's dying and for the fact that his last thought is admiring Hansel's eye color, of all things. Overall, he's sort of a background character but a pretty good one.

I'll take another!
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mark was I think the first-ever inactive death that I read on the site back when I was new, so that's something, I guess.

Honestly there's not much to say about him, since his only on-island post was the inactive kill. Disappointing to see someone gone that way so soon and his death didn't seem to have much impact on other characters who knew him from what I recall.

I'll have another.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I remembered liking Rosemary a lot back when I was a newbie in V5 and I'm pretty pleased to say that she holds up very well a few years down the line, enough for me to really regret that MrMrsMissRandom didn't make it into V6 with the improvement they saw with Rosemary under their belt.

wall of text incoming

All in all, Rosemary was very good. The technical issues with MrMrsMissRandom's writing get better as the story goes along, and throughout her misadventures Rosemary remains a generally good person, struggling to find a reason to keep going. She feels very real and human with her allergies and her getting upset over being rejected by a boy, and even the moments where I'm skeptical of the logic going on I can smooth over with the excuse that people make dumb mistakes. Rosemary always pays for her mistakes too, which makes them a lot easier to roll with than if she was blundering all over with no consequence. I really recommend Rosemary for those who haven't read her, and I'm very happy that she holds up so well compared to how I remembered her.

I'll take another.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply