Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tea Party with Death at Dawn; Early Morning Day 7: Open
Topic Started: Mar 30 2017, 01:36 PM (1,154 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sandra Dyer continued from Can You Hear Me Calling Out?))

Sandra might have been as good as invisible, for how quiet and unmoving she was as she stared at Rene's body. Even as Bryony had finally caught up, and noticed the body, and let out a small gasp, Sandra didn't react.

She continued to stare at the body until she just couldn't anymore. And when she finally looked away, fading back into the world of the visible, she felt the bile rising up her throat. She wanted to swallow it down, but she couldn't be bothered to try.

As she ejected the contents of her stomach onto the ground, the speakers around the island crackled to life.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra listened. She didn't want to, but she did.

The first name that Sandra reacted to was... well... Alba. Alba had killed Kaitlyn Greene, but... Sandra would have to know why. Surprisingly, Sandra felt that it was justified... somewhere in her mind. After all, Kaitlyn... Kaitlyn killed Mia. This was...

And then the second name that came that punched her in the gut. Noah was dead. Noah was dead at the hands of Isabel.

And Isabel was dead too. Great. Now she didn't even have anyone to take it out on.

Obviously, Rene was dead. Sandra could see the corpse right in front of her to prove it. What shocked her was how she died.

Blair.

They must have been together for a lot longer. Why would Blair just suddenly kill her?

And then the announcements ended and Sandra wondered if it really mattered. Any of it.

Sure, people had their own reasons for killing. The announcements weren't exactly the best source of information. Any one of those kills could have been self-defense. But it didn't really matter, did it?

Only one of them could go home. And all it was... was bringing you closer to the objective.

Sandra wanted to go home.

So did everyone else, she was sure. People like Alba or Blair had already gotten their one. What did it matter why?

They had it, and she didn't.

And she only needed one.

"I don't... we should..." Sandra said, looking back to Rene's body.

We should bury her, Sandra wanted to say. But Sandra didn't want to touch a corpse.

But... it just didn't feel right to leave her out here.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
But then... there were a lot of things that didn't feel right here, weren't there?

Sandra turned away from the corpse again, back to her two companions. Alice was trying to reassure Bryony that maybe Alba killed in self-defense. Maybe that was true. Bryony wanted to find Alba, and figure out what happened. That was definitely true.

Then Bryony raised the point that if they found Alba, they wouldn't have to look for a weapon. Sandra blinked. She expected that kind of logic to come from herself, not from Bryony.

Sandra scratched her head.

"Yeah, that's..." she started, "Yeah, we should definitely find her. To make sure she's okay."

Because right now, they were just three girls without a weapon. And having four girls and one weapon would still be better than that.

Sandra had to mentally rouse herself.

"We... I guess we should get moving..." she finally said after a long pause.

She took one last look at the corpse.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra didn't see anyone approaching them. She hadn't been facing the shooter, whoever they were. She only reacted when the boom echoed through, and she jumped, whipping around to the source of the noise, and she could almost barely making out someone running away, maybe.

No... that wasn't important. Bryony was faster, getting over to Alice before Sandra even fully realized what had just happened. Sandra moved, and she was beside Alice before too long.

Sandra took off her bag, scrounging through it for the first aid kit. After what seemed like way too long, she pulled it out, plonked it on the ground and opened it. She took the bandages in her right hand and then...

She froze.

She stared.

She had no idea what to do from here. She barely knew the first thing about first aid. She couldn't have even pretended to know how to treat a bullet wound.

"Oh, god... oh god oh god oh god..."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was Alice's words to her that snapped Sandra out of her panic. Things were still bad, yeah, but Sandra's mind cleared up just a little bit.

She realized that Bryony had also gotten hit, this time in her hand. Sandra gulped, then moved toward Bryony, bringing the first aid kit with her. This wasn't time to be panicking, and if Alice was the one taking charge, then all the better.

Sandra looked through the first aid kit for the disinfectant... or the closest thing to it in the kit she could find. She brought out the antiseptic wipes, and looked at Bryony's hand.

"We should... we should wash off the area, shouldn't we?" Sandra asked.

Bryony asked if she was going to be fine.

Snadra was... wasn't sure. It was just her hand, right? As long as they stopped the blood flow, she'd be... fine in the long run, right?

"You'll be fine," Sandra said, trying to be reassuring.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra knelt there as her question went unanswered. Without direction, especially in this situation, Sandra was left doing nothing.

...No, she couldn't just sit here dumbstruck, she was just going to go for it. But wait... what if it causes a serious infection.

Should she ask again, or should she go for it? She had been debating for a few seconds, so intensely that she almost didn't register Bryony falling backward.

"Bryony?!" Sandra cried, moving quickly. It was amazing how quickly one can move on their knees when they believe, just for a split second, that their good friend has just died.

She caught Bryony just before her head hit the the ground. She scanned her body for maybe some wound that they might have missed.

"Bryony, you alright?" she asked, and immediately she felt stupid for even asking it.

Bryony wasn't alright. That was evident.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
For the second time in just a few minutes, Alice was the one in charge, and she was the one snapping Sandra out of her panic.

Right. Clean the wound.

Sandra began to work on the wound, disinfecting it and dressing it as best as she was able, occasionally looking up at Alice for direction. Sandra didn't want to mess this up. She was afraid that she would. But she had to do something, so she wordlessly worked.

Hopefully she was doing it right.

Well... right enough that she didn't fuck everything up.

Sandra wanted to leave. What an insightful thought. Didn't everyone on this god forsaken island want to leave? But Sandra wanted to leave the garden in particular. She had been sitting here for far too long. That would make her antsy in the best of situations, nevermind when her best friend had just passed out and she was trying to dress the wound to the best of her ability.

She wanted to leave. She wanted them to leave.

Eventually, Bryony's hand was covered in bandages.

"I think... I think I'm done," Sandra said, her voice wavering.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Right... yeah."

Sandra picked up the open first aid kit, handing it over to Alice. In the aftermath of treating Bryony's wound, it seemed that it was now time to get Alice's looked at.

Bryony woke up then.

"Hey, whoa!" Sandra shouted as Bryony suddenly bolted upright. She staggered a bit, before she fell back to the ground on her butt.

She was awake, thankfully, but things still weren't looking great. Bryony seemed out of it, panicked, and Alice was still dealing with her wound.

Sandra wrapped her arms around Bryony tightly, trying to get her in a better state of mind.

"It's okay, it's okay..."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra sat, cradling Bryony in her arms, as Alice explained everything that happened to Bryony. Sandra let her talk. There was nothing for Sandra to add, so she stayed quiet while Alice talked, and she kept staying quiet even as Alice finished talking and started working on her wound.

Bryony asked her a question. Was she okay? She was...

No, yeah, she was okay. If she'd been hit, she would have felt it by now. She nodded.

"Yeah..." Sandra said, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Sandra wondered if she was a bad person for being relieved that she hadn't been hit. It's not like she was happy that the other two were hit, but... she was relieved. Was that a bad thought?

...Surely, it wasn't as bad as the thoughts she'd been having earlier. And just like that, it all came back, and that terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach returned.

She wanted to go home... that meant she had to kill someone.

More than that, she had to be the only one left alive.

She looked down at Bryony, then over to Alice, then to Bryony again.

Then Bryony said that this incident proved that they need a weapon. And Sandra felt weird knowing that Bryony had been convinced. Because she felt that neither Bryony nor Alice were actually 100% on board with the idea when she pitched it back at the bell tower.

So to hear those words escape Bryony's lips...

"Right."

It's all she said.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra, on the other hand, had no qualms about letting her irritation show through. This whole situation had been tense; the last thing they needed is another variable to take into account, even if she did introduce herself by showing what looked like genuine concern.

"We're fine," Sandra said, "In fact, we were just about to leave."

She moved in the direction of the entrance to the garden.

"Come on!" she shouted, "We've been here long enough."

She walked slowly, giving Alice and Bryony some time to catch up, but didn't pause or turn around. She didn't honestly care if Candice tagged along with them.

That wasn't really the only thing she didn't care about anymore.

((Sandra Dyer continued in 1ИS∅MИ1∀.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Gardens · Next Topic »
Add Reply