Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Die Anywhere Else; They Won't Remember That I'm Gone; Afternoon D6
Topic Started: Mar 20 2017, 12:39 PM (1,683 Views)
Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Lily Caldwell continued from Paradies Naiv.))

It just made no sense.

That’s all Lily could think, or maybe it was the only subject her brain was comfortable touching. Better than innards and dying cousins. But not much better.

Lily curled up on one of the cots, staring at the wall.

“Why’s it so easy for you?” she muttered under her breath, still not looking at Isabel. “Why does everything just…”

Honestly, she was angry. And not for the same, more legitimate reasons that she’d been angry at Isabel before. Because Isabel was, quite frankly, barely human. But she was thriving. She was doing well. No matter what happened, no matter how she rampaged like a bull in a china shop, it was always Isabel that won. And when she played the game, she was happy.

Why couldn’t things be that easy for Lily?

It just made no sense that Isabel could even exist.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
God

Damn.

It.

Now Noah was here. Noah had followed her voice here, and now Lily had dragged him into the spider's nest. Lily curled up a little tighter as Isabel sprang to her feet and cut right to 'die' or 'die slowly.'

Could there not be one moment of calm? Could Isabel not rein in the hostility for one second? No, wait, she had. Once. For Lily. But the moment she saw Noah... immediate death threats.

Also bringing up details from their lives before the island struck Lily as rude, somehow.

"Can we just... not do this? For once?" Lily said tiredly. Sounding like a worn-out parent trying to talk their child out of their tenth tantrum for the day but resigned to the fact that it would not do any good.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lily did not immediately hurry to her feet when Isabel did. Honestly, her first instinct was to just stay put. She could probably just have a nap, for all the impact she’d likely have on what Isabel was doing. She wasn’t the most useful limb.

But she was a limb nonetheless, and one that Isabel might cut off if she didn’t at least stand there and be Isabel’s witness to whatever Isabel thought she was doing.

Lily slowly rolled off the bunk to go peek out the door. It was only as she was heading to it that she remembered what Noah’s weapon had been.

...Maybe that could—

She reached the door in time for metal to meet flesh.

Yep.

Lily stayed half-hidden behind the doorframe and watched.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lily had backed further away from the doorway, though it was still open enough that she could see what was happening. Could see that it was all a huge mess, and that it seemed like the entire island was cramming itself into this one little corridor.

Noah was dead. She could see him lying there. She wasn’t surprised, and couldn’t really find it in her to be sad right now. But now Fiyori and Scout were there, and there were gunshots, and she could hear other footsteps, and it was just…

Isabel was bleeding and bleeding deep. The world abruptly made sense again.

Lily stepped back once more. Her foot bumped into something.

Isabel had left her sword behind. Lily crouched and picked it up without really thinking about it. It was heavier than it looked.

Lily took a couple of steps forward again, trying to keep her balance while holding the sword in font of her the way she thought a sword should probably be held. She thought about running out there.

But she didn’t. She stayed put, right back where she’d been hiding. Just with a sword now.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lily had spent their time together trying to figure out how anyone could be like Isabel was. How that sort of person could even exist, and do the things she did while grinning all the while. Lily had never understood it.

But now? Watching Isabel die slowly and painfully?

Suddenly, Lily understood. Because watching Isabel sob and gurgle and plead with her for help...

That felt satisfying. Lily had never felt better.

Lily didn’t move. She didn’t even try to help Isabel in the same way she’d tried to help Lizzie. Isabel deserved to die as slow and painfully as possible. Lily stood in the doorway, lowered her sword, and she watched Isabel plead with a wide, gleeful smile that was unfamiliar and made her cheeks hurt.

And then Isabel was dead, and rather abruptly Lily had two regrets.

The first was that it hadn’t lasted longer.

The second was that she hadn’t done anything to bring this about. And that second regret flooded over her as abruptly as a tidal wave. What had all this been for? She’d meant to avenge Tina. She'd meant to be the one to do this, so that she had a reason for all this. And she'd done nothing.

The smile had left her face, and Lily had gone very pale. She didn’t move. She just watched the blood leak from Isabel, and nevermind the bodies. Or the living, armed people that remained.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lily watched Dot mangle Isabel's head until it separated entirely from her body. The pale, regretful feeling didn't leave, but it did simmer down some as she watched.

It didn't do much for her, though. At this stage Isabel was basically a bag of meat. If she couldn't scream, then what was the point?

Dot left and took what remained of the head with her. Stepping over Noah like he wasn't there at all.

...Okay, then.

But now there were the remaining two. Fiyori and Scout. Neither girl was particularly close to her. She had talked to Fiyori in a store once? And Scout was in her grade but wasn't all that social.

The important thing was that they had weapons, and had shown a clear willingness to use them.

Lily slowly crouched and put the sword down, then raised her hands.

"I, uh..."

The two girls both looked pretty bloody.

"I got more first aid than I would ever be able to use in here, sooo..."

Not as if Isabel was here to take her supplies back, after all.

V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“I can’t wait,” Lily muttered under her breath to Fiyori. She wasn’t exactly looking forward to explaining herself. There was no real explanation she could give. And the only reason she had to explain herself to Fiyori at all was because Fiyori could murder her.

Lily opened the door a little more, watching the other two. Scout stopped and picked up that big saw thing Noah had. She stopped a while at Noah. Probably knew him.

Then again, it was likely everyone who’d entered this corridor—dead or alive—had known someone Isabel killed. But that’s what she got for rampaging around like the moron she was.

Lily looked at Isabel’s body, and a quick smile tugged at the corners of her lips again before she forced her face back into a neutral expression. She turned and headed into the room she and Isabel had been in before Noah interrupted them.

She didn’t say anything once she was in there. She just grabbed the strap of Isabel’s ridiculously full bag, and dragged it a couple of steps before letting go, sitting in plain sight so that the others could access whatever was inside easily. Then Lily sat down, same spot she’d been a few minutes ago, and waited.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well. That was an accusation that Lily hadn’t expected to hear. She gave Fiyori a confused, slightly disgusted look.

“No. No, we were not. My taste is bad, but it’s not… that bad.” Yes, Caedyn had been a mistake, but she was a million times better than Isabel. One murder and a Best Kill award aside.

She considered the question for a bit. What did she say? What did she leave out? Would they believe her if she left too much out? Would they decide she deserved death too, if she told them everything?

Scout introduced herself and tried to confirm her name.

“Yes. Lily with a y,” Lily said absently.

A little slow on the uptake, it finally clicked. She looked properly at Scout, her eyes narrowed. Scout Pfeiffer. She’d been on the announcements. She’d killed Alvaro. Lily eyed her warily for a moment. Eyed Scout, then then the gun in her hand. Then she looked away.

That could be talked about later, she supposed. Maybe when Scout wasn’t clinging to that gun so tightly. Who knew how she might react?

After a few moments consideration, Lily decided to go minimal with her explanation. It wasn’t as if she owed them anything, anyway.

“I tried to kill Isabel a few days ago. I failed. And for whatever reason, she didn’t kill me. I don’t know why, because she’s killed everyone else who tried. Instead, she just started dragging me along with her and talking at me like this was all normal. Trying to talk about how she felt about things, and starting up casual conversation, and calling me her friend or weird nicknames… like I was a… pet or something.” Lily said the word ‘pet’ with as much disgust as she could muster. “I meant to kill her when she was off-guard. But she rarely let me touch a weapon, and when she did...”

Lizzie was still carved on the back of her eyelids.

“It… wasn’t good,” Lily said quietly.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“...Right. I don’t really care that you killed her? She killed Tina. She killed Lizzie. She deserved more than what she got. So no. I don’t feel the same about you. As far as I’m concerned, you did the world a favour.”

Ignore the bitterness. Ignore the regret. It had nothing to do with Fiyori or Scout.

“Besides. What room do I have to go around accusing people?” Her eyes flickered towards Scout. Alvaro flickered through her mind, but she shrugged it off. “Honestly, my list of killers is getting very long. I don’t have time to go around hating everyone on it.”

Lily pulled out some of the first aid supplies, as well as enough food and water to see her through the game. It still left plenty in the bag. She didn’t need that. She dumped the supplies she wanted to keep in Lucilly’s old bag before standing up, slinging the bag over her shoulder.

“Keep what you want. Or leave it. But I’m done here.”

There were far too many corpses to be comfortable around here, and who knew when Scout might decide to use that gun. So without any more words, Lily crossed the room and pushed open the door. She picked up the sword she’d left on the floor before leaving. It was better than nothing.

She stepped carefully around Noah. She stopped in front of Isabel’s headless corpse. She thought about plunging her sword into it. Mutilating it until it was a pile of guts indistinguishable from the bin of a butcher.

But, much like she couldn’t bring herself to touch the innards poking out of Lucilly’s body, she couldn’t bring herself to touch Isabel. Convinced that, somehow, the headless body would sit up and grab her like when she’d tried to kill Isabel so long ago.

Instead, she gathered what moisture she had and spat on the corpse before leaving.

((Lily Caldwell continued in Rear-End Collision.))
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Doctors’ Offices · Next Topic »
Add Reply