Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If You Don’t Like What We Say, Try Living Here A Couple Days; Watch all your friends and family die! Hasa diga Eebowai! (Open!)
Topic Started: Mar 16 2017, 08:04 PM (516 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alba Reyes continued from The Girl Who Owned an Island))

Alba sniffled as she continued to walk along the path. She had searched the area around the asylum, and hadn't found Brendan or Fiyori. She decided to try crossing the bridge. The asylum was too big to check alone, and they may have gone for some of the more notable places nearby now that the Danger Zones were gone. Alba wiped a tear from her cheek and began to cross the bridge.

She couldn't stop thinking of the sight of Kaitlyn bleeding out in the cave. The sight of her blood coloring the sea water, mixed with the smile on her face. It was such a creepy smile. Alba tried to think of anything else she could to distract herself from the image of Kaitlyn at the end, but nothing seemed to work. Alba's stomach felt heavy every time the image came up. It was likely she'd never be able to forget about it.

When I find Brendan, I need to give him a big hug. I owe him so many apologies.

As Alba walked across, the bags bouncing against her back, she kept the rifle by her side. It wasn't until she saw something nearby that caused her to raise the rifle slightly. She couldn't believe she was assuming the worst of someone she hadn't even fully identified, but maybe that was a curse Kaitlyn left her. After all, if her friend would try to kill her, why wouldn't a stranger?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The boy on the bridge raised both of his hands in the air and insisted he meant no harm. Alba gulped, and looked around. There was a large gun on the ground by his feet. She had a gun, and so did he. Only this time she was the one doing the threatening. Alba clenched a bit when she realized that she was now in the position Kaitlyn had a few hours ago. The boy was afraid of her because she had the gun and was holding it up. She must have looked so terrifying to him.

"A-are you really?" Alba said, the gun shaking a bit. "B-because I just want to get across the bridge, and I don't want any trouble."

Alba glanced at the gun in her hands and the boy. She had already killed once today. She couldn't possibly kill anyone else, especially while she was alone. She had to find her friends. She had to find Brendan.

"But if you're really peaceful," Alba said, "then tell me: have you seen Brendan Harte? I was with him and another girl, but we got separated. I...I need to find him. Tell me, and I'll continue on. Please, I don't want to have to kill again."

Alba kept her gaze on the boy. She needed answers, and she needed to get across as soon as possible. That meant she was likely going to look like an aggressor to the boy, but it had to be done if she was to find Brendan.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba froze. Crap, she did mention that she killed someone, didn't she? In a game to kill your peers, that's probably one of the worst things you can admit to. Heck, even Brendan seemed torn about admitting to it, and she just blabbed it to some guy she didn't know who had a scary gun at his feet.

Alba blinked and pursed her lips. She could do this. She could explain what happened, and the announcement tomorrow would confirm that.

"It was Kaitlyn," she said. "She forced me to play a game with her, and threatened to kill me if I didn't. But I couldn't do it, and she shot at me. I didn't mean to shoot her, but I didn't have a choice. She wanted to kill me."

Alba fluttered her eyes as they started to water.

"I know, it's wrong to kill even if it's self defense, but please, I just want to find my friend. So is it okay if I just walk on by?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba sighed in relief. The boy believed her. She was glad for that. After being stuck here for six days, it was nice to meet someone who didn't immediately assume the worst about her. Granted, she didn't assume the worst about Kaitlyn, and that led to her death. Alba bit her lip and tried to push that thought back. The boy wasn't going to be any trouble, so she could walk by in peace, provided she answer a few questions first.

"Sure," she said, lowering the rifle a tad. "I can answer some questions. If you don't mind answering a few of mine as well, that is."'

Alba rubbed one of her eyes. This should be simple. Just a friendly talk, and then they could go their separate ways. Whatever got her closer to Brendan, the better.

"So, um...you can start. What do you want to know?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba sniffled as the boy listed off a bunch of names. She tried to take them all in, but then felt even worse. She hadn't seen a single person he asked about. She knew a few of them were killers, like Alessio Rigano and Caedyn Miller, but that was it. She was starting to feel upset she didn't know more seniors in her school. That could have been a lot more helpful. Then again, just knowing someone didn't matter if she hadn't actually seen them.

"Um, sorry, I haven't seen any of them. Uh...who have I seen?"

Alba started to count on her fingers everyone she could remember she saw on the island.

"I've seen Bryony Adams, some girl named Sandra, Arthur-oh wait, he died. Darnit. Um, I've also seen Kimiko Kao, Brendan Harte, Jonathan, Candice...uh...who else..."

Alba raised a brow.

"Oh, and yesterday I saw a boy named Jae who tried to kill me and Brendan. I also saw Bradley and Bernadette die, but that's about it for who I've seen."

Alba scratched the back of her head.

"Sorry, I'm not much use to you, am I?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba wasn't sure what the guy meant when he said it was a little weird. Was it weird that she didn't see a single one of the people he was asking about, or weird that she met the people she did? Alba didn't know, but decided not to worry about it since he wanted to give her a chance to ask him questions.

"Well, the main ones are Brendan Harte and Fiyori. I was just with them, so if you've seen them, that'd help."

Alba sniffled and brushed some hair back.

"But if you've seen Bryony or Jonathan or Candice too, that'd be great. I'd rather not know if you've seen Kimiko or Jae."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba felt slightly disappointed that the guy said he checked the area Alba was planning to go, but hadn't seen Brendan nor Fiyori. She'd probably go just in case he missed them right when he left the area. But hey, even islands had their limits, so there had to be some point in which she'd discover them.

Knowing about Jonathan didn't help much either. They were near the Doctor's Offices yesterday, but they didn't see Jonathan. Then again, they were locked in a room and didn't check much of the surrounding area. It'd be tempting to find Jonathan, but Brendan and Fiyori were her priorities right now. They had to know about what happened with Kaitlyn, and they had to help her come to terms with what happened.

The guy then asked if she thought the three people would kill again. Alba nodded.

"Well, I guess," she said. "Kimiko has killed a lot of people since Bradley. Jae hasn't killed a lot, but if yesterday was any indication, then he'd probably kill again."

"Um, who's the third?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh. Brendan. Yeah, that made sense, now that she thought about it. The guy thought Brendan might be in the same league as Kimiko or Jae. Alba shook her head.

"Brendan wouldn't kill like that," Alba explained. "Jeremiah was about to kill some girl, so he killed him to save her. I was with him when Bernadette died, and it was a complete accident."

Alba stepped a little closer to the guy.

"Brendan's been in so much pain over the last week. He's so pained by what he did, no matter how much I tried to comfort him. Now I understand why he did it. No matter how much we want to, we'll have to kill. But he and I have an agreement: we won't kill unless it's to protect someone or if we have no other choice."

"So yeah, I trust him."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now it was her turn to ask him anything. The boy had been somewhat decent to talk to, his accusations of Brendan aside. Then again, he had the right to assume the worst. Bernadette did, Jae did, even Alba did when she first ran into Brendan. Still, she needed to understand this boy as well. He had that large gun, but had he used it against anyone?

"Um, I think I have a few other questions," she said.

Alba bit her lip for a moment, glancing to the boy's gun then back at him.

"Have you had to play yet? Have you killed anyone? And are you going to kill again if you have?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba remained silent. Jeremy was the BKA winner today. He shot some girl and was rewarded for it. And with his action movie line, Alba knew that he basically told her everything she needed to hear. It was also with that that she knew that she had the chance to walk away from here peacefully if she said exactly what he wanted to hear. Granted, his mantra was the same as hers, so that should be simple. Alba nodded, then waved.

"Hi, Jeremy. I'm Alba Reyes," she said. "I'm pretty much the same, so I'm glad to know where we stand."

Alba fell silent, briefly looking down, then back up.

"So, your friends. I'm guessing it's everyone you just listed. Or is there anyone else I should be aware of? Believe me, I'd like to not get into any more fights, so I'd like to do whatever doesn't get you on my bad side."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay, I understand," Alba said. "Believe me, I don't want to kill anyone else while I'm here. I know it's foolish to think I won't have to, but I'll at least try to be kind towards the people you mentioned."

Alba sighed. Jeremy had helped her calm down quite a bit, so she had to be grateful for that. It didn't make the whole experience better, but being able to talk about Kaitlyn's murder was something she sorely needed. It'd be one step closer to being able to accept it and move on. Of course, she still needed to confess this crime to Brendan, but then she'd feel better.

"Alright. I think I should get going," Alba said to Jeremy. "Um, if I meet any of those people you requested, is there a place I should send them so they can find you?"

V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was all noted. Don't send any of the people anywhere since Jeremy was moving too many places. The names were Emma Luz, Serena Waters, Alessio Rigano, Clarice Halwood, Jasmine Reed, and Caedyn Miller. Alessio and Caedyn were killers, so she'd have to be cautious around them. But she was sure the others wouldn't be as troublesome. And she had to say hi to Fiyori. She was naturally going to do that, but she'd now do an extra one for Jeremy.

"Okay, I'll be sure to," Alba said to Jeremy, flashing a smile.

Alba started to walk past Jeremy, but stopped. She turned to face Jeremy one last time.

"Please be careful," she said.

Once she said that, she began to pick up the pace, starting to run down the bridge. She could feel the bags bouncing against her back, but didn't mind them. She needed to find Brendan, Fiyori, and whoever else she could. She needed to find those who could relate to her in this place, and those who she could protect. She knew what she had to do now, and for those reasons, Alba continued to run.

((Alba Reyes continued elsewhere))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · The Connecting Bridge · Next Topic »
Add Reply