Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
crushcrushcrush; PM for Entry, tagging Ciel
Topic Started: Mar 14 2017, 01:27 AM (348 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Caedyn Miller Continued From The Scarlet Garden))

Cards on the table? This wasn't the most romantic place for them to fall asleep. Honestly, it was kind of a mood killer and that was saying something after the whole "almost maybe got shot to death a little bit" rush. It hadn't totally shut them down, but...yeah, kinda hard to get the vibe going with an operating table and a bunch of old surgical equipment looming over them. Unless Jazzy was into that. Was she into that? Note to self for later.

It was all a weird game she was playing with herself. Her head clung to the quirky interruptions because she didn't want to think about what Jae had said. Well, she didn't want to think about anything Jae had said ever as a general rule, but the last words he spoke to her were sticking to her pretty hard and she'd like to get rid of them. They'd have to deal with it eventually though. She was sure that it'd come up in Jasmine's head by now, even if she wasn't talking about it.

They sat in silence as the announcement blared over them, until Caedyn threw an arm around her shoulder and cuddled up to her again. "Jazzy? You trust me, right?" There wasn't any of her usual playfulness in the way she looked at her this time. They were right in the middle of a rare moment where Caedyn was completely serious.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She deserved that and she knew it. Normally she'd try to wriggle out of something like that, but with Jazzy she could just never manage it. The girl had her pegged for some reason. Maybe it was just nice to be on the same emotional wavelength with someone for once. Caedyn loved the closeness she was getting despite how fucked up everything around them was. It made her feel safe about what they needed to talk about next. "Of course I trust you, hun," she sighed softly as she gave her a squeeze. "One hundred percent."

There was a beat of silence before she caught her eyes again with a guilty look. "I didn't wanna leave you, Jazzy. I just thought we needed more stuff, but then...things just got really fucked up with Bridgette. Like, it wasn't supposed to...I was worried you might not want me back," she confessed, her fingers brushing through her girlfriend's black hair. "I know it was stupid, but..." It was so hard. She wasn't used to being open and vulnerable like this. "I dunno how else to say it. There's nobody here I give a shit about but you, Jazz. Nobody I wouldn't lie to, steal from, or hurt however I needed to get out of here...but you." She could feel other eyes on her. Everyone who would see her, judge her. It was too late to worry about any of that though, wasn't it? She was a murderer. She might as well lean into it. Especially if it helped protect Jasmine.

It was a weird feeling. To be honest, it'd never even crossed her mind when she first woke up. The idea that she might want to protect someone, even Jazzy, would have been laughable then. It still was. But almost as much as she needed to survive this place, she needed someone to love her for it. To tell her she did a good job, and understand that this was all just what needed to be done. Jazzy could do that. "I didn't wanna hurt you and I'm never gonna on purpose, little bird...that's a promise." That predatory part of her brain kept thinking about Jae's words. It wasn't smart to make promises you couldn't keep.

That was a problem for future!Caedyn though. Present!Caedyn wanted cuddles.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She wanted to cuddle Jazzy close and just enjoy that kiss, and outwardly she did/ But in her head something was stirring up. When you spend most of your time lying about one thing or another your instincts started to assume everyone else would do the same. And if you followed that logic...well, Caedyn knew she'd never really hurt Jazzy, even if she had to lie about how little an impulse there was there. But what if Jazzy was lying right back to her? And if she was, how could Caedyn know that she wouldn't...

It was a crazy line of thinking. Even she knew that. Jazzy had had numerous chances to try something, they'd curled up together practically every night in this place. Not to mention all the other times she'd dropped her guard around her. Now, for instance, as she pressed a hand against the center of Jazzy's chest to push her up against the wall in a long, deep kiss. Right now, this was right. This was what she wanted. How many times had she stolen kisses from her like this in an empty corner of the locker room at school, or around the corner of some building when they were out together, or with a little privacy in one of their homes? Any time she could manage it, her hands ended up on her. It'd been that way as long as they'd been together.

Caedyn wasn't a classically good girlfriend. Sometimes she disappeared. Or slept around. Or both. Jazzy knew about that though, didn't she? Maybe not the details, but she knew what kind of girl she was when they got together. That made it okay. Like an unspoken agreement. Yeah. Keeping secrets had never hurt them before. She could make it work now.

Their kiss finally broke, but she kept two of her fingertips there in the middle of Jazzy's chest. They traced slow, soothing circles as she smile down at her. "You know you're adorable when you say stuff like that, yeah?"
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh.

Oh.

This was fine.

Caedyn was okay with the events that were currently unfolding.

It was okay, things were going to be okay.

So Jazzy had decided to wait until they were in the middle of a murder island to drop the L word. Cool. That was neat. Just, really, really neat. Spiffy even. Radical. Other positive verbs. Yep. Yep yep yep. That sure was a good thing that was happening and she definitely didn't want to burrow through the wall so she didn't have to deal with it. That was fucked up, right? Like, she could hold a gun on Jae and walk away knowing he might plug her in the back and still be pretty much okay, but one little word from her girlfriend was enough to make her wanna panic? Jah, what did that say about her? No, no, no. Not the time for that rabbit hole. This needed to be handled, and there...weren't a lot of options. Except for her old favorite.

Caedyn curled around Jazzy tight and cradled her head against her neck. "I love you too," she whispered as her fingers played through her hair. It wasn't exactly a lie. Maybe it was even as close to the truth as she'd get. Jazzy was different, yeah? She felt differently about her, yeah? So it could be "love." It wasn't like she'd "loved" anyone before and could tell a real difference. It also wasn't like they had to worry about any of the practical concerns that came with that. One of them wasn't getting out of here. They had what, maybe a handful of days left with each other at this point?

Fuck it. Caedyn loved her. That was a thing now. Why not?

"Yeah," she whispered again, "I love you Jazzy..." With a smile on her lips she tilted Jasmine's face up from her neck and caught her with another kiss. At this rate, they might be here like this for awhile.

If she were thinking more practically she might have regretted that they didn't block the door or anything. Unfortunately, Caedyn's mind wasn't anywhere near practical at the moment.

((Caedyn Miller Continued In Love Runs Out))
SotF Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Lobotomy Lab · Next Topic »
Add Reply