Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another Disappointment of Many
Topic Started: Mar 13 2017, 02:40 AM (597 Views)
Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Rene Wolfe continued from Dysthemia Morte))

Another day spent running around the island, another night spent cold and worrying that someone would gut her while she was asleep, and another announcement in the morning informing everyone of the killers and the killed. At this point, it all felt very routine. Undeniably fucked up, yes, but routine.

The announcement did have some pretty big surprises this time around. Junko was dead, which was something that hadn't even crossed Rene's mind. Junko had always been pretty cool at school, so to hear about her death, especially since she was apparently trying to kill someone else, was a pretty big shocker. Nancy was gone now too, meaning that Rene wouldn't have to worry about a crazy-ass weeaboo showing up and slitting her throat in the middle of lunch or something.

Shit, was she really feeling relieved after hearing that one of her classmates was dead? This island's shittiness really was starting to get to her, and she hoped it wouldn't stick.

Rene browsed around the garden, which consisted of less flowers and more various types of weeds and other things that would send the hosts of those gardening shows her grandma likes into a coronary if they saw them in the quantities that lay before her at that moment. It wasn't the most pleasant place to spend the night, but when you've gotta drop, you gotta drop. And to her credit, she hadn't gotten pricked by any unfriendly plant life.

"Gah!"

... Okay, may have spoken too soon there. She hadn't been paying attention and got her finger cut by a thorn for her trouble. She sucked on the cut to stem the bleeding. Yes, it was the most primitive course of action she would have taken, but in her defense, it was also the easiest, and a work week of poor nutrition didn't lend itself very well to quality decision making.

She sat on a rock and looked at her newfound wound, reflecting on the discovery that even the local plants couldn't be trusted.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, the cut wasn't bleeding so much now, but she figured she should still probably get a bandage on the thing before it got a chance to become infected. She had been relatively lucky so far in terms of the whole staying alive and relatively uninjured thing, but she was in no mood to try to push her luck, not even with a little scrape.

She unzipped her bag and was making a reach for her first aid kit when she heard a voice. Was it calling out to her? She had no idea. She paused what she was doing and looked around. She saw Blair looking fairly alert, so she could presume that she wasn't the only one who heard it. That was good. At least she could feel relatively secure in the fact that she was not currently losing her mind.

That still left Rene with the dilemma of what to do about their unwanted interloper, though. Should she say something back? That was a risky move. What if they were dangerous? That would only draw their attention.

... Then she realized that she had probably already drawn some attention when she cried out after pricking her finger on a thorn. She rolled her eyes at the way this situation was unfolding. Now that she felt there was no point in pretending not to hear, she gave the most apathetic, half-hearted reply she had available.

"Yo."
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Johnny came around the corner and wow did Blair seem pissed. Rene couldn't really make out any reason for why she was so angry, but she had to remember that when one spends a night sleeping in a subpar garden filled with finger-stabbing thorny vines, they were allowed to have bad mornings if they damn well felt like it.

She continued with the removal of her first aid kit so that she could deal with her lightly injured finger. She popped it open and looked up at Johnny, who still seemed to be pretty confused about the whole situation.

"So how is it?"

What the hell, might as well at least try to be friendly.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping to get death started))

Rene nodded to Johnny. "Yeah, same for us too." She replied. "Not a whole lot of good days lately."

She took a bandage out of its pack and applied it to her finger, taking special care to ensure that it was fastened securely. Once she thought she had a good fit she closed up her kit and bend her finger a little to test the flexibility of the bandage. It was a bit stiff, but manageable enough. She smiled at her dressed cut and moved to get up.

She placed her hand on the ground to help push herself up, but felt something strange. She could feel something fuzzy under her hand for a few moments before she felt a sharp pain shooting from her palm all the way up her arm She yelped as she pulled her hand away to see a large spider under it.

She squinted at the spider to get a better look at it before it scurried away. It was big and hairy, with a black and white color scheme, almost resembling zebra stripes in a way. She had seen a spider like that before during one of her research projects. She just had to remember...

... Oh. Oh crap. She recognized it. A fringed ornamental tarantula. A venomous spider.

She flipped her hand to look at the palm, and her eyes immediately widened with panic. Two blood spots at the heel of her palm. She had been bitten.

"Oh crap, oh crap..." Rene muttered frantically as she reopened her first aid kit. She needed antivenom, and she needed it fast. She moved things around took things out, and did everything she could to find something that could dispel the venom before it took its toll on her. There was bandages, tape, asprin, scissors, and a bunch of other stuff that she didn't even know the name of nor use for. But in spite of all of that, she couldn't find an antivenom.

Her arms fell limply to her side as she looked down at the kit. There was nothing she could do.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene turned her attention from her bag back to the bite on her hand. She knew that the effects of the spider that bit her weren't as widely known as those of a black widow or brown recluse but she had heard the symptoms. Pain, comas, and of course, death. And there was nothing at her disposal that could stop any of it.

Blair came over to her, and she looked up. Her friend was obviously startled and concerned, and Rene had neither the heart nor the will to keep her in the dark for any longer than necessary. She held up her bitten hand and explained the situation in a low, soft voice, with none of her usual energy present.

"I don't have antivenom."
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene sighed. Blair was trying to be optimistic, but it was painfully obvious that she was forcing it.

"Fringed ornamental tarantula." She recited from memory. "Much more venomous than the usual tarantula. Bites can cause intense pain, muscle spasms and..." She trailed off. She knew all of the known symptoms, but she didn't want to verbalize the last few, mostly because they would involve expressing what she already knew would probably happen to her in the near future.

"... yeah.' She mumbled. She looked down, to the side, and all around, seemingly doing whatever she could to avoid looking Blair in the face and tell her that she was probably dying now. She looked at her hand again. The area around it was already starting to turn red, and it still hurt like a bandit. The process was already getting started. She was expecting to see swelling any minute.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I don't know." Rene said. "If it was a black widow, then I'd be a hundred percent fucked, but for now..." She took a long, deep sigh as she mentally recounted her very limited options. "I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see."

Yes, it was probably one of the worst answers that she could have given, but it's not like she had much choice. If she lied and said she'd be fine, it wouldn't even take an hour for Blair to find out that she was lying. Hell, it might only be a few minutes before the really bad symptoms started showing up.

She looked at her hand again. Still getting redder and starting to feel a little stiff around the bite marks.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The situation was definitely not good. They were reduced to waiting to see if Rene died of a spider bite, with no option to prevent it if that was the case. Rene was wracking her brain prying to come up with something, occasionally being interrupted by surges of pain. No matter how much she tried to think it over, she couldn't come up with anything helpful.

... Well, there was one idea that she had, but she wasn't sure if Blair would like it too much.

"Hold on." She tried to assure Blair as she reached into her bag with her good hand. She rustled around until she felt a familiar metallic item on her fingers. "Hey I just wanna tell you that if I start to slip..." She took hold of it and pulled it out, revealing the gun. She held it by the barrel and extended the grip towards Blair.

"You know what I'm saying, right?"
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene nodded along with Blair. If nothing else, she was glad to see that they were in agreement.

"If you've gotta do it, then I want you to take my shit and run, all right?" She told her companion. "If it's not gonna be helping me, then I want it to keep you alive, all right?"

Her eyes fell to the ground for a moment as she considered the other reason she had for wanting Blair to do the deed. It was still for a good reason, but it sure would feel weird saying it out loud.

"Plus, they said you've gotta kill someone if you wanna get out, right?" She said in a softer tone, only just then reconnecting her eyes with Blair's. "If you take me out, then all you gotta do is stay alive from now on."

She winced as she felt another strong jolt of pain, this time making her arm twitch a bit. She wasn't sure whether it was a genuine muscle spasm or just a flinch, but either way it didn't give her confidence about her future.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene shrugged. "Hell, I don't know. I guess that if I feel like I'm starting to go I'll just..." She waved her hand about in a nonspecific manner. "Maybe there can be a..."

She sighed. "Look, I haven't really thought it out. I never thought I would need to put a plan in place for something like this, you know?" Her eyes wandered around a bit while she tried to come up with a good plan for them to follow. When that failed, she just said the first thing that came to mind.

"Look, I'll just... I'll let you know, okay?"
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene smiled back. She had to force it a bit, since her hand still felt like it had been freshly dipped in acid, but she couldn't help but return the sentiment. "Hey, thanks. That means a lot."

She sat down on a big rock, not really sure what else to do. For now, she felt like all she could do was wait, hope for the best, and brace for the flash of hot lead that may very likely be in her future.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The last couple hours had not been kind to Rene. Her bite had worsened significantly, to the point that most of her palm had turned red and begin to swell. She couldn't curl her fingers anymore without feeling a shock all the way up her arm and down her back, so she mostly left that arm limp, moving it as little as possible.

These past few days with Blair had been the longest time she had ever spent with anyone outside of her own family, and for the most part, it had sucked. However, the only parts she could pick out that didn't suck had involved Blair and Noah. If they hadn't been around, then this whole ordeal would have been even more miserable than it already was. So really, she had them to thank for pretty much every even slightly positive emotion she had felt at any point during the past week.

She turned to Blair in response to her inquiry. "Oh, you know. I've been better." She grinned and laughed a bit, although her hearty chuckles had become a tired, wheezy guffaw at this point. She felt exhausted at this point, but didn't want to make Blair worry any more than she probably already was. Unfortunately, she had a pretty good feeling that she wasn't doing a particularly good job of acting. Looks like theater club experience couldn't overcome spider venom.

She felt a strong surge in her shoulder, causing her to visibly tense her arm and back for a good few seconds before relaxing once more. Those spasms had become more common and intense as time went on, and they were pretty impossible to hide by now. Once that incident cleared up, she tried to keep her conversation going, considering it was the closest thing to normalcy she could maintain.

"You holding up all right?"
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene gingerly shifted her position as the laid in the garden, letting her head rest in the dirt. She wouldn't usually be comfortable with doing something so obviously filthy, but she had long since discovered that she was willing to compromise her idea of comfort when the situation demanded it. She felt her arm acting up again, trying her best to ignore it and inevitably failing when she felt it stiffen.

She nodded slowly in response to Blair's apology. "Don't worry about it." She paused and took a moment to catch her breath. "You didn't do anything. Thanks, though." Her eyes were starting to water. She wasn't sure whether it was from the pain or because she was getting emotional. She had experienced just about every emotional reaction aside from crying so far, so she couldn't count out that possibility.

Rene yawned. She was starting to feel really tired, probably a side effect of the venom. She blinked, letting a couple of tears break free and roll across her face. She could feel her eyes quickly getting heavier. Despite this, she still kept her eyes on Blair. She wanted to tell her friend something, let her know that she felt like resting her eyes, but her mouth felt like it was locked shut.

Her eyes closed, her pain faded, and Rene fell into a very deep sleep.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When it ended, Rene Wolfe felt no pain.

G039: Rene Wolfe- Deceased
51 Students Remaining
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Crematorium Gardens · Next Topic »
Add Reply