Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Resident Evil; Private, sorry!
Topic Started: Mar 12 2017, 06:33 PM (1,092 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Vanessa Stone continued from Dark Necessities))

Why had she come back to the asylum? A test of courage, she guessed. Something to steel her nerves. Something to overcome her ghosts. Cam’s ghost.

She didn’t have any better ideas, anyway. It had been two nights since she’d ran from Kaitlyn, and little ground had been made. It was weird, spending so long with just her own company. Was she avoiding people? If she was, she was doing a damn good job of it. But hey, what was avoiding people compared to the weirdness of a terrorist kidnapping slash mass murder? She'd chalk it up to cabin fever, or whatever.

So yeah, going back to the building where she’d seen her best friend die. Awesome.

She’d made it in the door, already choking on a huge lump in her throat, but maintained her steely resolve. She was tilting her head side to side, chewing her lower lip and humming audibly, trying her hardest to rebel against the anxiety filling her and not let it show. She’d missed breakfast that morning, as an angry growl rumbled in her stomach. The nerves were killing her appetite.

Distracting herself, she reflected on the announcement. Still no dead Alessio, that was good. Still no dead Kaitlyn either, so that was a plus, she guessed (and apparently Alan Banks would live another day; good for him).

Coleen though, that had been a shocker. Apparently she was actually a literal two-face, given Arthur’s untimely end. It was actually really unsettling to hear that her not-so-favourite bandmate had done something so callous, and there weren't a lot of things that unsettled her (not before this week, anyway). It had given her a serious case of goose bumps, and she'd been trying not to dwell on it. It hadn't worked very well, though; things to dwell on were mounting up.

Nancy was dead too, which was meh at this point. One less psycho around was probably for the best. That’s how she'd written the whole thing off, anyway.

She was probably forgetting someone important, but by then she was getting tired of the names of the deceased. The one she cared about most was already gone, so until Alessio showed up on it she’d just have to plough on.

So there she was, out of announcement and still on the ground floor, the crypt closet that she was avoiding still waiting upstairs.

Oh hey look, ‘art therapy’. That sure did sound like a more appealing place to go.

Shit, Cams loved her art.

She shook her head, cleared that thought, and went inside. Therapy was probably the last thing anyone would be doing in this room anytime soon, given the complete mess it was in and that awful smell that was floating around.

“Oh Christ!” she squealed, finally spotting Mitch’s decaying body. It was a good thing she hadn’t eaten that morning, or she might’ve not been able to hold back the bile. Instead, it only made it as far as an unpleasant acidic belch.

She stared at the body for a moment, letting out an awkward groan through shut teeth without blinking, a similar reaction one might have to a huge social faux pau. She'd been trying to avoid bodies, damn it.

She swallowed, then turned away. Waited a moment, then turned back.

So, what was she supposed to do here?

She walked over, crouched down and leaned in. The putrid odour wafted up her nose as a fly crawled out of the hole in Mitch’s face, probably done laying its eggs. Grim.

She’d seen a few dead bodies at this stage, or rather, she’d played Resident Evil. Duh, it wasn’t the same thing, but it was kind of eerie where the similarities were. This one wasn’t moving, which she supposed was probably better. The last thing this island needed was zombies.

She chuckled at the corpse, just a little. The humour helped. Sort of.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
For the second time in short order, Vanessa squealed aloud. She’d been staring so intently at Mitch’s messed up face that Kimiko had managed to catch her completely off guard.

“Jesus, you startled me!” she yelled at the new arrival after regaining her footing, flush with irritation and a racing heart. Staring death in the face had put her on edge, it seemed.

Kimiko was not a familiar person, just another student at Cochise who she’d maybe seen once or twice in the halls; she’d never talked to them, she was pretty sure of that much, at least. As great as a place to meet new people as the island was, she’d still have preferred someone familiar.

She opened her mouth, words forming, when she spotted where Kimiko’s hand was: resting on the grip of a gun, its barrel visibly outlined against the pocket fabric. Vanessa swallowed the words back down immediately, face frozen, as her heart kept on pounding in her chest.

Shit, this might be dangerous.

“Hey, woah, it’s cool! I’m unarmed!” She spat out at last, raising her hands to demonstrate, her chair leg conveniently tucked out of sight in her day pack for now. Carrying it around all day every day had started to feel pointless, but now she was starting to think otherwise.

She’d just have to keep her cool, she was quickly telling herself, and hope this girl kept hers too.

“No need to shoot me, ok?”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa watched Kimiko pace across the room, relaxing her hands but not her guard. At least she wasn’t getting shot at.

Her mind raced, looking for clues about Kimiko, something she could use to break the ice and avoid the situation turning ugly. She didn’t want to think such a thing could happen, but it had without a doubt been happening for the past five days all across the island to people less fortunate than her. Now wasn’t the time to get naïve, not if Kimiko had a gun. It wasn’t like Kaitlyn, who may have been armed but was at least familiar.

Shit, Vanessa could’ve gone for having one of Kait’s weapons right now; maybe she should’ve stuck around? Well, too late to worry about that.

She stopped her ponderings just as Kimiko finished her water, snapping back to attention. She was about to open her mouth, try to start a conversation, when Kimiko beat her to the punch and traced her finger thorugh the air.

“…ok?” Vanessa cocked an oblivious eyebrow. “T-thanks, I guess?”

She flashed back an awkward thumbs up, since apparently this was what they were doing now. Christ, just once could she meet someone normal?

“So, uh…” she trailed her words, eyebrow still cocked, as she slipped her bag down off her shoulder. She needed a break. “how’ve you been…you? You know, all things considered.”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kimiko was clearly someone of few words.

She lifted her hand as she opened her mouth, so drawn in by Kimiko’s gestures that she was about to mimic them herself. Fortunately, she caught herself before she started, realising that, no, in fact, that would be stupid, and hastily lowered her hand again. She coughed to clear her throat, just to distract from the awkwardness of this whole situation.

Whatever her deal was, there was probably a legit reason for the not talking. Maybe she’d killed someone, and had taken a vow of silence to punish herself? Maybe she’d seen horrors too horrific to ever speak again? Or maybe, you know, this was just her thing, for whatever reason, and standing there speculating wasn’t going to speed up the conversation. Maybe it’d be faster if she kept it to yes or no questions?

Oh right, she had one of those to answer still.

“Well, shit’s been shit. No-one’s tried to blow my head off yet, though, so thanks for not breaking that streak.” She pulled a face that signalled her general dissatisfaction with that upside being her current reality, then kept the conversation flowing. “Right now, I’m just looking around for someone. Name’s Alessio Rigano; you know him?”

It would be great if she did, because this manhunt had been going on way too long now. That said, Vanessa figured it would probably better not to say what she was planning though, just in case Kimiko was his buddy or something. It would suck for Kimiko, but more importantly it would suck for Vanessa having to deal with being on the bad side of someone armed.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shit, no cigar. Typical, really.

Vanessa was pouting, though she didn’t realise it. This was going beyond frustrating: didn’t anyone in this school know this Alessio bastard? The guy murdered her BFF for Christ’s sakes, and now she couldn’t get a straight answer on his identity from anyone? Talk about a kick in the teeth.

She let out a short groan, tapping her foot on the ground to vent some of that impatience. She was antsy enough to get the job done without this bastard dragging it out even further by being a total non-entity amongst her schoolmates (except when he was butchering them, anyway).

Turning her attention back to Kimiko, she opened her mouth to keep the conversation going. It shut again, as she immediately ran out of things to say.

What exactly were they supposed to talk about by now, hanging out in a ruined room where crazy people painted posies and pears? ‘Killed anyone?’ ‘Nearly died?’ ‘Seen anyone you love get murdered?’. Yeah, that was real water cooler chatter. Real water cooler in an asylum full of corpses, with bits of dead people floating in it like fruit slices. Peachy.

She still wanted to try, though.

“What’s your name, anyway? Spell it out for me?”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Hey Kimiko, nice to meet you. I’m Vanessa, if you didn’t know.”

She flashed a smile, then resumed their awkward silence.

Kimiko, where’d she heard that name before?

She snapped her fingers: that was right! It had been in the morning, repeatedly, over the past few days…

“Wait, shit! You’ve been on the thing!”

Her arm darted forwards, pointing an accusatory finger at the girl she now realised was a serial killer. “A few times! You’ve been doing the thing to the people and - holy shit!”

Not good, not good at all. Even after spending six days on an island where her classmates were dropping like flies, she’d at least had the fortune to only meet mass murderers before they went on their rampages. Kaitlyn was a killer, but that was restricted to just one person, and Vanessa at least knew Kaitlyn in advance.

Killer Kimiko? Complete question mark!

She realised she was still pointing her finger, and quickly pulled it down, letting out a nervous laughter. “Hey, we’re still cool, right?” she raised her hands again, just in case Kimiko had forgotten that they’d agreed she was not armed and not a threat. “No need to put that gun to good use and do anything stupid, eh? I mean, I don’t mind or whatever, really!”

She laughed again, no more natural than before, then caught herself in a realisation.

“The you killing people thing, I mean! I don’t mind that!”

Just in case there was any misunderstanding, because she would mind very much if Kimiko decided to put that gun to good use right now.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok, her face continued to not have an extra hole in it. That was good.

Yet still she felt her heart beat in her chest, a glimmer of sweat starting to form on her brow. She still had a placating grin on her face, brought out by the nervous laughter and held there by the same force. It was the only face she could think to make in response to Kimiko’s sullen stare.

What now? Her search for Alessio had reached another dead end, but this dead end could turn on her and start firing bullets if she wasn’t careful. It would probably just be best to step out, let Kimiko go on with her mass murdering in peace and let that sort itself out.

She was about to open her mouth, politely excuse herself, when an ugly thought occurred: maybe someone in her position had had the same reaction to Alessio.

Her fake grin dropped suddenly, much to her dismay. She was pretty sure that Cameron was Alessio’s first victim (a bit of bile rose in her throat with that thought), but he’d gone on to kill other people, and they’d probably had friends like Vanessa was to Cameron.

This wasn't the first time she'd thought about this, and she'd already made up her mind: avenging everyone Alessio had killed would be stupid, and it wasn’t her problem. Yeah, it sucked for them, and it sucked for their friends, but that blood wasn’t on her hands. She was in it purely for her BFF, and BFFs of Alessio’s other victims could sort out their own mess. As much as they would be able to after she was through with him, anyway.

Still, how would she react if she let Kimiko walk out of here now, only to find out the next day that she’d murdered, like, Jae? Killer or not she still liked the guy, however long ago their hanging out felt like. Hell, even if it turned out Coleen had bitten the dust because of Kimiko, there’d be a pang of guilt to go with it. Oh, right, she was a killer too.

Christ, she was running out of friends who weren’t homicidal.

She turned her attention back to Kimiko. Fuck it, she could at least ask.

“So, hey, if I just walk out of here now, are you going to keep on doing that? Killing people, I mean.”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A blank stare. Well then.

That tension born of hanging out in the same room as a serial killer was starting to die down, as irritation moved to take its place. If there was one thing Vanessa didn’t like, it was being ignored.

“Hey, asked you a question. Your hands not working, or something?”

Maybe not the best tone to take with Kimiko, but Vanessa was still breathing, so maybe she’d overestimated how dangerous the situation was. Besides, it wasn’t like she was being rude or whatever, just trying to get a confirmation that Kimiko wasn’t about to go out and try to murder some more of her classmates. Maybe she was being a bit optimistic, trying to get Kimiko to wave the words ‘No Vanessa, I will not kill anyone anymore. I have turned over a new leaf, thanks to you.’, but it was better than leaving the question just hanging there.

Well, maybe not better, but it was what Vanessa preferred.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“What the hell is that supposed to mean? How hard is it to say yes or no? Or hand it out, whatever.”

Vanessa couldn’t quite pin what was irking her about this situation, outside of Kimiko’s reluctance to actually answer her question properly. As much as the brush off was annoying, there was something about the topic itself that was just putting her on edge.

Maybe it was because she herself didn’t know how to react to either answer. Would she take a promise of pacifism at face value? Try to talk Kimiko out of continuing her killing if that was the plan? Until she actually had a response, there was no real way for her to know.

“If you’re going to go and kill like, half a dozen people, you can at least show a little fucking commitment either way.”

Ok, commitment to more murder would be a bad thing, and maybe that wouldn’t have been her first choice of wording if she said it again, but she knew what she meant. She really hated it when people were being wishy washy, even when it was about killing more people apparently.

At the end of the day, she just needed Kimiko to quit it with the ambiguity already so that she could make her own mind up.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Well, ok, yeah, you’re right. I don’t know what I’m talking about. But you know what? I’m not the one here fucking about going all-” she exaggerated a shrug and pulled a derp-eyed expression. “-about the whole thing.”

She was definitely getting pissed off now. As always, she was playing just as big a part in getting herself to that point as Kimiko’s indifference was pushing her there, but damn it she had some words that needed saying.

“So, no, I don’t know anything about killing people. I haven’t actually had the inclination there, Kimiko.” the words were coming out in an oh-so-sarcastic tone at this point, as her mouth ran ahead of her brain. “But like, does that mean I’m supposed to just stand here, let you go off and maybe kill someone, maybe not? What kind of person would that make me?”

She was biting her lip as she took a moment’s pause, shifting her weight between her feet whilst turning to look away from the source of her irritation, trying to compose her thoughts. It didn't last long, and soon she turned back.

“Christ, I mean, how hard is it? Either you’ve decided to fuck up and kill everyone you meet, because you want to go home more than them, or you’ve decided not to be a fucking monster, and you put the gun away for good. If you’re like ‘Oh fuckin’ ay I don’t know either way, derpaderp’ and you wind up shooting half the people you meet but not the rest, then what the fuck is wrong with you?”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A few minutes ago, Vanessa probably would’ve flinched when Kimiko advanced, shaking with obvious anger. Right now, though, their (technically one-sided) shouting match was taking precedence other any survival instincts.

She patiently watched Kimiko’s jittery signing, then threw her own hands up as the message came across. She was starting to do some shaking of her own, thanks to the frustration building over this whole thing.

“Were you even fucking listening? I said there’s two things you can do here! Two! One of those is not being ‘the monster I want you to be’!”

She pressed a palm to her forehead, groaning loud and clear at Kimiko’s tunnel vision. She didn’t exactly consider this complicated.

“Ok, first of all, I don’t want you to be a monster. I don’t know what you’ve been doing, except killing people, but I don’t think that means, like, you’re automatically fucked up permanently? I mean, fuck, people kill under circumstances like this, shit happens.”

She paused. Reflected on some of the killers. Continued.

“Ok, that’s doesn’t mean it’s ok, but you get what I mean?”

“What I’m trying to say is, you can do the right thing right now, and decide not to go on killing more people. Just, decide you’re not going to be the monster, or some shit like that. I mean, hey, I’ve gone this whole time without so much as punching someone in the face. That’s got to mean something, right?”

She nodded at Kimiko with her eyebrow arched, signalling for some confirmation that she wasn’t wasting her breath, and that maybe she was starting to get it already?
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Yes, it is.”

No room for negotiation, no need for hesitation, this was as cut and dry as things came. Throw the gun away, stop being a murderer, be better for it. Saying otherwise was just making excuses.

“You could say to me,” choice of words “’oh, I’ve started doing this now, I better finish it’, but that’s just going back to commitment again. And, honestly, I don’t think you actually want to kill everyone. I haven’t been shot yet, for starters. Again, thanks for that.”

She was offering Kimiko a smile now, a little bit of a sympathy if not quite understanding of her situation. There was still that hint of impatience about Kimiko’s whole dilemma, but that couldn’t be helped.

“Only person who’s going to tell you you have to keep doing this is you, y’know? Anyone tries to tell you otherwise, you tell ‘em to fuck right off. Hell, you don’t even need to spell it out. Just give ‘em the old one finger salute.”

“What do you think? Sound good?”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kay, looked like she had gotten through to Kimiko. Probably. Kind of hard to tell.

All the same, she let out a sigh of relief when Kimiko went on ahead, taking her gun and her kill streak with her. That could’ve gone a lot of ways, but not being shot at was definitely her preferred outcome. She also wasn't looking forward to Kimiko asking if she wanted to 'team up', or something. Kind of hard to work with a stranger who's confirmed as armed and dangerous, but she wasn't so sure Kimiko would've just politely accepted a no.

Still, all things considered, she'd hopefully done some good with her advice. She might’ve even saved someone’s life, if Kimiko remembered what she’d said. Hey, that’d be cool.

She looked around the room another time, lingering, glancing at the corpse again. Then she caught herself hanging around for no good reason, and moved on.

((Vanessa Stone continued in Keep Cam and Carry On))
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Art Therapy · Next Topic »
Add Reply