Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Alignment Thread - Slightly Before The Halfway Point Is Still Basically The Halfway Point Edition
Topic Started: Mar 12 2017, 06:01 PM (1,520 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yo. We were talking about it in chat and it was sorta agreed that it'd be cool if this thread was posted slightly earlier this time so I figured I'd do it.

So basically you know the D&D system that marks people on an axis of lawful/chaotic to good/evil with the neutral things inbetween? No? Well if you don't then here's a handy guide:

Quote:

Here are my (very brief and incomplete) definitions/how I run them in D&D:

Lawful: Ordered, organized, pays attention to structure and society and is likely to, all else being equal, obey the norms or a structure.

Chaotic: Disorganized, more of a free spirit. Doesn't care so very much about tradition or how things have been done. Is likely to, all else being equal, do their own thing without regard to its precedent, and will change that thing day to day.

Neutral: Somewhere between/no strong preference.

Good: Cares about people and humanity as a whole. Very empathetic and acts on it, or does nice stuff for other reasons. Looks out for others, even those they're not specifically close to. All else being equal, will usually try to do the best thing for everyone.

Evil: Cares about themselves more than anyone else. May be empathetic and have friends, but when that's on weighed against their own interests, gotta look out for number one. Ends justify the means. All else being equal, they'll do what's best for them (note killing people is not best for you if it brings down terrible consequences that outweigh any benefits).

Neutral: Somewhere between/no strong preference.

So basically, mark your own characters to the system and maybe we can do a poll to see who best represents each alignment and then we can possibly make a chart and then ??? then profit.

So without further adu:

Big Table

I'll leave my alignments till later. There's still something I wanna justify before I put them down. Otherwise, have at!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jasmine King - Lawful Evil. She was attempting to win from the get go, basically trying to function as a manipulator although in interactions in other people let her own fears of what would happen got in the way of her actually succeeding. She saw other people more as tools or instruments to her success, which resulted in her alienating people and resulted in her fairly early exit. Although she didn't really get the opportunity to dig into someone else, she had plans for when she did, and they weren't exactly super happy or moral ones.

Alvaro Vacanti - Chaotic Neutral. I was initially considering Neutral Evil for him but ultimately his motivations and thoughts regarding himself push him more into this area. Alvaro was very driven by his paranoia, and due to this would tend to act poorly in situations involving other people and make rash decisions that harmed both him and others. Although he realised this, and hated the actions that he did, it wasn't something that he could ever really control. Although he wanted to be Neutral Evil, wanting to be more selfish and wanting to think only about himself, and although he tried to become a better person and save others, ultimately he couldn't totally commit to anything that he felt like doing, never taking on his role as an active killer, giving up on being a hero, and needing to require someone else to kill him when he lost his will to live.

Jeremy Frasier - True Neutral. Two reasons, mostly. First is that he's been all over the place in terms of alignment and True Neutral seems like the most appropriate grounding point for him. The other reason is mostly in what he intends to do. He feels that he's going to die on the island, so he decided not to take an active role of survival, instead focusing on what he feels matters most to him so that when his moment does come he can die happy. However, due to recent events, his view on things has changed, and although earlier he was planning on taking a more passive role in doing things Junko's death and him winning BKA has made him decide to take a more selfish and active role in achieving his goals. Although they're good goals in nature, and although he's not going to play, he's willing to do whatever it takes in order for him to achieve them, which includes harming or killing anyone who poses a threat to achieving them, be them someone attacking him or a player he feels will cause damage to other people.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was going to say yesterday that you guys have got a week to put up your guys alignments before I open the poll for people to start voting on who would be featured on a hypothetical chart but then I forgot.

So I guess that means you guys have six days to put up your guys alignments before I open the poll for people to start voting on who would be featured on a hypothetical chart? IDK. People should do stuff.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
Mar 22 2017, 06:58 PM
Brendan Harte is either Neutral Good or Neutral Evil.
You mind specifying one? I can't really put him on a list or a poll under two different sections.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so, that's been two weeks, so I think now's an appropriate time to begin voting?

Big Table

Here's the candidates. Vote one person for each category, and then the winner of each one can become part of an alignment chart? IDK, but that's what we've tried to do in the past. If someone would like to volunteer as artist that'd be great but I'd imagine that it'd be pretty work intensive so like, IDK in general. Point is just vote, I'll figure out things later.

Two ground rules though:
1. Don't vote for yourself, that's tacky.
2. Try not voting multiple characters belonging to the same handler. I can't really stop you but that sorta resulted in problems back in V5 voting where Rugga's characters won all the categories they were in and that'd be hard to make an official representation so yeah, please make things less complex for me, thanks.

Other than that, have at!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I'm gonna bump this because I got an artist to do the chart, I think, so I'm going to continue with voting stuff! I'm pretty confident that the people who are in leads are in comfortable enough ones to be able to close the voting for several categories (NG, CG, LN, NN, CN, LE, CE). However, two categories (Lawful Good, Neutral Evil) are tied (due to votes that I put in off screen, whoops) and even if I were to remove my own votes it would still cause issues with the rest of the chart.

So, I will do tiebreaker votes for two people between two groups. These are, as follows:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Please only vote for one of the two, and since Medic has characters in both sections, please vote for only one of her characters, if you wish to do so. Voting will be open for around two days or so, before I close it.

In the meantime, those who won their categories will be sent PMs. Check them and answer my questions and we'll be good to go.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just so people know: the poll restarted at 0-0 for both polls (well, 1-0 for both now) so if you voted in the previous round of voting you can still vote in this one.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Voting closed. Thanks for all who participated.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply