Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Alignment Thread - Slightly Before The Halfway Point Is Still Basically The Halfway Point Edition
Topic Started: Mar 12 2017, 06:01 PM (1,626 Views)
Pippin
Member Avatar
party wurmple never sleeps. only dances.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bryony Adams is Neutral Good. This was the hardest one for me to decide on, but for me, the bottom line is this; Bryony doesn't want to kill anybody, and her main goal is to find her friends on the island. That plants her in the 'Good' category. But after her brush with death and near-defeat on the first day, she's also clearly trying to survive through any means possible, which I believe pushes her from 'Lawful' to 'Neutral'.

Mia Rose was Chaotic Neutral. She tried, bless her, she really did, but every step of her journey on the island was filled with hurdles that she frequently stumbled over. She had poor gun control, made bad decisions such as leaving her only real ally behind because she thought they'd be better off apart for a while, and despite having good intentions, never managed to actually put them into practice.

Astrid Tate was Neutral Evil. I put Astrid in Neutral because I think she could easily be bumped to either side depending on the circumstances. She was clearly evil and selfish, with her intent to kill, but she didn't want to actively play; just to get the single kill she needed to survive the game, and if possible, psych herself up for having to kill again during endgame.
V7 BAYBEE

FOLDER OF DESTINY

"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Caedyn Miller is Chaotic Evil. She is selfish, manipulative, impulsive, and pretty much does whatever will have the most benefit for her while screwing over other people whenever she can.

Abigail Floyd is Lawful Good. The Island and everything it stood for was so utterly repulsive and demoralizing for her that she wanted to die relatively unchanged by it for the sake of her own sanity as well as her friends and family still at home.

Irene Djezari is Neutral Good. Irene struggled with the notion of what was right and couldn't decide between abstaining from violence or embracing it to protect others, but she was driven by a desire to make up for her mistakes at the expense of her own safety and comfort.

Ty Yazzie is, bizarrely, Lawful Neutral. There's a lot of anger in Ty right now, but mostly he is driven by a desire for something between justice and revenge. He doesn't want to hurt anyone innocent and when his cooler head prevails he wants to protect people, but he's also set on taking out killers at any opportunity he gets. His motivations are tinted by personal tragedy and I don't think he's selfless or regretful enough towards the violent path he's choosing to qualify as "good," but I don't think he's evil either.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jasmine King - Lawful Evil. She was attempting to win from the get go, basically trying to function as a manipulator although in interactions in other people let her own fears of what would happen got in the way of her actually succeeding. She saw other people more as tools or instruments to her success, which resulted in her alienating people and resulted in her fairly early exit. Although she didn't really get the opportunity to dig into someone else, she had plans for when she did, and they weren't exactly super happy or moral ones.

Alvaro Vacanti - Chaotic Neutral. I was initially considering Neutral Evil for him but ultimately his motivations and thoughts regarding himself push him more into this area. Alvaro was very driven by his paranoia, and due to this would tend to act poorly in situations involving other people and make rash decisions that harmed both him and others. Although he realised this, and hated the actions that he did, it wasn't something that he could ever really control. Although he wanted to be Neutral Evil, wanting to be more selfish and wanting to think only about himself, and although he tried to become a better person and save others, ultimately he couldn't totally commit to anything that he felt like doing, never taking on his role as an active killer, giving up on being a hero, and needing to require someone else to kill him when he lost his will to live.

Jeremy Frasier - True Neutral. Two reasons, mostly. First is that he's been all over the place in terms of alignment and True Neutral seems like the most appropriate grounding point for him. The other reason is mostly in what he intends to do. He feels that he's going to die on the island, so he decided not to take an active role of survival, instead focusing on what he feels matters most to him so that when his moment does come he can die happy. However, due to recent events, his view on things has changed, and although earlier he was planning on taking a more passive role in doing things Junko's death and him winning BKA has made him decide to take a more selfish and active role in achieving his goals. Although they're good goals in nature, and although he's not going to play, he's willing to do whatever it takes in order for him to achieve them, which includes harming or killing anyone who poses a threat to achieving them, be them someone attacking him or a player he feels will cause damage to other people.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Scout Pfeiffer is Lawful Neutral. At this stage she plans to hunt down anyone who has killed twice over the past five days. It is her 'plan', her code of conduct that she has intended to follow since day 1 but has only just gone through with. Killing is only expected in the environment she is in, but as far as she's concerned there is no way you can end up killing twice by accident. Her logic is flawed and hypocritical, sure, and it lacks nuance. But, for now, that's all she has to go off of. She isn't exactly doing it for selfish or selfless reasons.

Jasmine Reed is Chaotic Neutral. Right now she's clinging to Caedyn like a puppy, but deep down she knows that isn't going to last. There is a very obvious survival instinct inside of her; one that is only concerned for herself. That's why she isn't 100% trustworthy of Caedyn. Jasmine's an underdog to be sure.

Audrey Reyes is Chaotic Good. Deep down Audrey understands that her classmates are out to kill her, but she doesn't give a shit? She cannot find it within herself to view her classmates as killers. She understands that there are reasons for the things people do, that there are shades of gray. This also plays into her own insecurities. She views herself in terms of her friends and the people she meets. That does not mean she has no sense of right and wrong, but this is the best way to compartmentalize everything, putting others before herself.
Edited by Ciel, Mar 16 2017, 02:06 AM.

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I was hesitant to post here cuz I'm not super familiar with DnD alignments, but this is mostly for fun anyways *shrug*

Alan Banks was Chaotic Evil at the end of his time under me. He was chaotic neutral at first, and I considered putting him in that alignment still, but when I relinquished him he'd more or less converted to a mindset of spreading chaos for his personal sake, rather than for chaos's sake.

Asuka Takahara is a lot tougher, but I'd peg her as True Neutral. I can make arguments for Neutral Good, True Neutral, and Neutral Evil--NG because she's pretty strongly committed to maximizing happiness, NE because her conception of 'making other people happy' is really really warped, and TN because despite all that she's too spineless and out of it to actually put any of it into practice. So I defaulted to TN, and will remain there if alignment describes behavior and not outlook/personality/mindset--if it's the other way, I'll have to think harder into this.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was going to say yesterday that you guys have got a week to put up your guys alignments before I open the poll for people to start voting on who would be featured on a hypothetical chart but then I forgot.

So I guess that means you guys have six days to put up your guys alignments before I open the poll for people to start voting on who would be featured on a hypothetical chart? IDK. People should do stuff.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cameron Herrig was Neutral Good since she wasn't always making choices for the right reasons and she did some stupid things but she a good person who cared more about finding her friends and being with them then playing with the game.

Travis Lynch was True Neutral as he was perfectly happy to just live day-to-day with Cass without worrying too much about what was happening around him. The only time he ever committed to anything was when he thought Cass was threatened or when he went after Jerry for killing Noodle.

Kimiko Kao is Neutral Evil because she knows what she is doing is wrong but she's still committed to doing it as she's scared of dying, and as only become more so now that she's actually killed.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5

Malloon
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Benjamin Lichter is Lawful Evil at the moment that I write this. At least I think so - arguments could be made that he no longer qualifies for Lawful, or that his consideration of his actions towards people he doesn't know but is face to face with isn't just out of Lawful adhersion to a moral code or a bid to lessen his loneliness (his treatment of Barry's corpse could be given as an example of that). Nevertheless, I think my choice is the best suited (for now). He has a rather strict moral code that, even through grappling with it, failing to uphold and being understanding of other people not complying with parts of it, he still tries to uphold as best he can, which is why I place him in Lawful. I call him Evil because despite his current loneliness and great empathy towards people he considers friends, he has distanced himself emotionally from all the victims on the announcements he doesn't know and is quite willing to leave the other students (except, at this moment, Maxim Kehlenbrink) to the wolves by avoiding all of them for the sake of surviving (and all that entails).

Staying in his head, the thing I have been calling "the voice" is Neutral Evil, wanting Ben to do anything and everything that would assure their survival, though for a particular and hinted at goal.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.

In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...

Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Might as well try:

Nadia Riva: True Neutral.

Noah Whitley: Neutral Good.

Alba Reyes: Lawful Neutral.

Contests these if you think otherwise because I am not confident in these.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maxim's True Neutral I guess. Probably cause he doesn't really fit anywhere else.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett MacAfee is True Neutral.

Brendan Harte is either Neutral Good or Neutral Evil.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
Mar 22 2017, 06:58 PM
Brendan Harte is either Neutral Good or Neutral Evil.
You mind specifying one? I can't really put him on a list or a poll under two different sections.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd say that Brendan Harte is slowly leaning towards Neutral Evil.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so, that's been two weeks, so I think now's an appropriate time to begin voting?

Big Table

Here's the candidates. Vote one person for each category, and then the winner of each one can become part of an alignment chart? IDK, but that's what we've tried to do in the past. If someone would like to volunteer as artist that'd be great but I'd imagine that it'd be pretty work intensive so like, IDK in general. Point is just vote, I'll figure out things later.

Two ground rules though:
1. Don't vote for yourself, that's tacky.
2. Try not voting multiple characters belonging to the same handler. I can't really stop you but that sorta resulted in problems back in V5 voting where Rugga's characters won all the categories they were in and that'd be hard to make an official representation so yeah, please make things less complex for me, thanks.

Other than that, have at!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lawful Good:
Ben Fields

Neutral Good:
Noah Whitley

Chaotic Good:
Fiyori Senay

Lawful Neutral:
Scout Pfeffer

True Neutral:
Jeremy Frasier

Chaotic Neutral:
Alvaro Vacanti

Lawful Evil:
Alex Tarquin

Neutral Evil:
Kimiko Kao

Chaotic Evil:
Isabel Ramirez
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply