Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
V6 Alignment Thread - Slightly Before The Halfway Point Is Still Basically The Halfway Point Edition
Topic Started: Mar 12 2017, 06:01 PM (1,577 Views)
Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yo. We were talking about it in chat and it was sorta agreed that it'd be cool if this thread was posted slightly earlier this time so I figured I'd do it.

So basically you know the D&D system that marks people on an axis of lawful/chaotic to good/evil with the neutral things inbetween? No? Well if you don't then here's a handy guide:

Quote:

Here are my (very brief and incomplete) definitions/how I run them in D&D:

Lawful: Ordered, organized, pays attention to structure and society and is likely to, all else being equal, obey the norms or a structure.

Chaotic: Disorganized, more of a free spirit. Doesn't care so very much about tradition or how things have been done. Is likely to, all else being equal, do their own thing without regard to its precedent, and will change that thing day to day.

Neutral: Somewhere between/no strong preference.

Good: Cares about people and humanity as a whole. Very empathetic and acts on it, or does nice stuff for other reasons. Looks out for others, even those they're not specifically close to. All else being equal, will usually try to do the best thing for everyone.

Evil: Cares about themselves more than anyone else. May be empathetic and have friends, but when that's on weighed against their own interests, gotta look out for number one. Ends justify the means. All else being equal, they'll do what's best for them (note killing people is not best for you if it brings down terrible consequences that outweigh any benefits).

Neutral: Somewhere between/no strong preference.

So basically, mark your own characters to the system and maybe we can do a poll to see who best represents each alignment and then we can possibly make a chart and then ??? then profit.

So without further adu:

Big Table

I'll leave my alignments till later. There's still something I wanna justify before I put them down. Otherwise, have at!
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nate Turner: Lawful Good - Follows a strict moral code and cares deeply about people around him. Has put his own life on the line to try and save people who have blood on their hands, and often reflects on his Methodist upbringing to try and make sense of things.

Vanessa Stone: Chaotic Good - Vanessa was a close call between neutral and good. Although she's currently primarily driven by the rather morally iffy subject of revenge, most of her actions so far have been quite benevolent without any real reason (helping Jae and Nancy being the standout), and she hasn't shown a particular interest in getting violent (no thanks to the Kaitlyn team up, after all). She could easily tip over into neutral if she starts jumping off a slippery slope, though.

Sandy Bricks: - True Neutral - You might argue neutral evil, but ultimately Sandy just wanted to be left alone and cracked under a stressful situation where a lot of people acted threateningly towards him. Jasmine was an accident (though one that was easily avoidable), and the attempt on Nancy's life was in self-defence, so I just don't feel there's enough to label him as evil.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have no clue about DnD alignments, I always had trouble with them. You guys can put my characters into a category, I can't tell the difference that much.

But it's about Dungeon and Dragons, right?

I can say that Darius is a green dragon, Conrad is a golden dragon and that Al is a white dragon. Darius is a square dungeon, Conrad is a dungeon with lots of loot and Al is a tiny, dark dungeon. These are my dragon alignments and dungeon alignments.

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've always argued that the D&D alignment system isn't a great fit for SotF, since neither axis (law/chaos, good/evil) can well apply in a game where just about everything spawns from this ambiguity of having to kill or wanting to kill. (I'm also one of those snobs who believes that about 95% of standard society should be classified as TN because that's kinda how it works in ye olden days of D&D.)

There's no society to build up off of or rebel against, so law and chaos don't work out so hot. Good and evil fares a little better but at the end of the day, everybody is forced to be out for themselves (by some strict definitions 'evil' by default). But with enough game sense and some common sense thrown in for good measure, I'll give it a shot.

There's only two of them

So there you go. I caved.
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Mar 12 2017, 07:19 PM.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I probably don't need to justify these but I will anyway.

Penelope Fitzgerald is Lawful Good. She has an extremely strict moral code and tries to adhere to it at all times, and is constantly concerned about the well-being of others, even if said others don't have the best intentions for her (and she knows it).

Isabel Ramirez is Chaotic Evil. She kills not only to survive but just because she thinks it's fun, and doesn't really have a consistent code of honor- the only thing that keeps her in check is how she'll look for the cameras.
Turtle's Signature

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Barry Banks is Lawful Good. He just wanted to help people, and he wanted to get a big group together so they could all escape safely. He never had a single bad or aggressive thought about anyone on the island, not even his killer.

Bart Cappotelli is Neutral Good. He doesn't want anyone to get hurt, and he tries his best to keep people safe. Unfortunately, his lack of confidence holds him back from being particularly effective in this role.

Rene Wolfe is True Neutral. She isn't a fighter, a hero, or a killer. She's just a person stuck in an awful situation with no clue how to deal with it. She tries to crack jokes because that's really all she can do to keep herself sane.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fiyori is Chaotic Good as of this point in the story, while I think Lucilly was Lawful Evil at the point of her death. As for Johnny, I would still have to think a bit
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kiziah Saraki is Lawful Good, Bradley Floyd was Chaotic Neutral (who may have gone up to CG at some point).
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Violent-Medic
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Danny Brooks: True Neutral. Danny never really had a chance to be anything else (and honestly could have gone into either good or evil territory if he’d lasted.) While he is selfish, he isn’t whole-heartedly so and does have his good moments. (He did attempt to lie to Isabel that he was alone, and just ended up giving Bridgette’s presence away out of panic.) Overall he just doesn’t commit to a direction in time to be something else.

Clarice Halwood: Lawful Good. I could probably make an argument for Chaotic, given that her prime attempt at a good act involved setting fires, and also that Clarice has some rage issues. But I went with Lawful because Clarice very much pays attention to the structure of the game and what’s come before when making her plans. She tries to superficially play the villain a little because she believes that’ll fit the terrorist’s propaganda and blind them to her real plans. She’s a filmaker. She’s thinking about how it’ll look on film.

Lily Caldwell: Neutral Evil. She is wholeheartedly selfish. She feels bad about it, but she’d rather stay selfish and live. Allying with Isabel in order to survive over acting to help her cousins? Pretty fucking evil.
V6 Characters

V5 Characters

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gonna only do my original kids, not the adopted ones.

Min-jae Parker is Lawful Evil even though people keep trying to tell me he's not evil. Order and control is a big thing for him, he does have personal rules, and while he doesn't always do bad/hurtful/selfish things intentionally, he's setting himself on a course which he knows is bad and wrong in a lot of ways and basically justifies himself as the lesser of several evils.

Raina Rose is Chaotic Neutral. She's got good intentions and vague plans, but no concrete way to accomplish them and is having a harder and harder time justifying the things she does out of self-preservation (ie running away from Alvaro and getting Jasper shot under the reasoning that she is of course the most important person to save because she's the one who is going to save everyone else).

Cristobal Morales was True Neutral. Since he died almost right away, Cristo didn't have time to develop beyond what he started out as, though he might have drifted in a more solidly "good" direction had he lived longer.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
CBP
[ *  *  *  * ]
Arthur Bernstein was Lawful Good when he died. He lived by a strict code of protecting Coleen and (at least for a decent amount of time) of looking like a good role model for his sister Marie. Pretty easy to define.

Lili Williams sits somewhere between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral because of her tendency to do whatever pops up in her head. When she's roped along into people's schemes and groups, she tends to air on the side of being good. When alone, she chases seagulls and throws suitcases at chandeliers. I'm only hesitant to say she's completely CN because of the aforementioned good nature and some trace elements of pacifism.
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alex Tarquin is Lawful Evil. He has clear rules and he is trying to pretend those differentiate him from the other killers on the island, but the fact that he repeatedly chooses violence and vengeance, as well as his willingness to murder, clearly puts him in the evil catergory.

Lizzie Luz, I think, ends up at Neutral Good, when all is said and done. She's driven to understand what's happening to them--why the game is being played, why people are dying, why people are killing--and in spite of how much she tries to avoid attachment she's ultimately inspired by people looking for their friends. She is unable to stop trying to hold the world around them to a higher standard, which ultimately gets her killed.

Tara Behzad is a bit harder for me, but after some thought I think she comes out as Chaotic Neutral. Her actions during the course of the game are not designed to save anyone but to break down the existing rules and structures across the island on her own terms.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To expand a bit on my previous thoughts - here's something I wrote in the Discord regarding Order/Chaos alignments:

Quote:

Alright, so SotF
Or the point of SotF is
that people are taken out of their daily lives and thrown into a situation where the pattern with which they lived are no longer supported by society
In other words
People change on the island
and that is how I see "Order/Chaos"
A character whose behavioral patterns are not unlike those exposed in their normal lives is "Order"
While a character which diverges dramatically [...] from how they were before the island is "Chaos"

That said, I chose Chaotic Good for Fiyori because she has changed a lot since Pregame. Pregame!Fiyori is very empty all the time, latent suicidal and is of the deep belief that nothing matters. In the game, however, Fiyori becomes more affectional, her emotions grow stronger and she starts developing a moral code by which she also tries to stand. In short, Fiyori is rebelling against her old self. She is aligned 'good' because her intended actions are meant to benefit someone who isn't her.

Lucilly is Lawful Evil, because she doesn't change much as a person. She is very much the same in her death thread (baring her ultimate action) as she was back home. Friendly, helpful, amiable and a bit dizzy here and there. Things definitely have changed, but not so much as that she is a different person. She is aligned as 'evil' because in the end, she cared only for herself and her happiness.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ben Fields is Lawful Good. Ben didn't functionally change that much in terms of morality from his pregame self, or at least I think so? He's just lost the impulse/motivation, but he still fundamentally thinks about the same. Stick to the law of civilized land, killing is bad. Strive to help out people even if he feels useless. Penelope has probably pushed him even further into this category than he was, to be honest.

Tina Luz is True Neutral. This is a bit of a shift from what I assigned her as before, just because Chaotic worked in the context of pregame but not so much so here. She just didn't get to do enough to prove that she shifted away from honoring the law of the land. She came, she saw, she died. No morality really expressed in her story, her life and death was purely a matter of primordial self defense.

In terms of dragon alignments both Tina and Ben are blue eyes white dragons. Tina as a dungeon is a stupidly convoluted dungeon with a million recursive trap doors and dead ends and Ben is well designed but was thoroughly looted before you even got there.

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Having thought it over some, I might actually nudge Min-jae over to Neutral Evil. Not sure.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply