Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Paradies Naiv; [PRIVATE] [Content Warning: Gore, Pretentious Artsy Bullshit]
Topic Started: Mar 10 2017, 08:30 AM (576 Views)
VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Isabel Ramirez continued from The World's an Ugly Place, but I'm Still Afraid to Die))

The stairs leading up to the rooftop creaked and moaned with every step taken.

Isabel didn't really have a reason as to why she wanted to go to the asylum's roof. She had simply been wandering around the halls aimlessly, hearing the sounds of footsteps and little voices echoing through the corridors, constantly keeping on her toes. Enemies were everywhere, and Isabel has to deal with them one by one until they were all gone.

Lily was slowly making her way up the stairs just behind Isabel, a follower who was only with her to make her look better. She pondered how their partnership was inevitably going to end, as she took a few more steps upwards. Would she be wounded in a firefight, and thus allow Isabel to fake sorrow over her death for the cameras? Or would she finally snap and make an attempt at Isabel's life, only to be shut down and killed in self defense? Time would tell, eventually, but Isabel internally dreaded either outcome, not wanting to be alone yet again.

The door to the rooftop sat slightly ajar as the duo made it to the top of the stairs, the smell of the outside air being refreshing compared to the musty air filling the asylum. Isabel shouldered the door completely open, shielding her eyes from the harsh sunlight as she stepped out onto the roof.

It was there where she was greeted by yet another enemy.

"Oh... goddammit."
Turtle's Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I um... what?"

It took a moment for Isabel to register that Lucilly just walked right up to her and seemed excited about it. Not once since Isabel got here were people legitimately happy to see her, even her friends seemed uncomfortable with her presence. Could she not see the sword and all the blood on her shirt, and hadn't she heard Isabel's name on the announcements over and over again?

What was her deal?

Isabel glanced back at Lily, who was hiding in the doorway, a look of confusion on both of their faces. She looked back and forth between Lucilly and Lily a few more times, trying to figure out if this was all some sort of prank and where the TV crew members were going to pop out from if it was, before finally speaking. "I uh... just... everyone has... avoided me this whole time? And uh... yeah. Uh... why are you glad to see me?"
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I..." Isabel began, before cutting herself off.

She didn't know what to say. Lucilly had always been somewhat of an oddball, and not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but this was a new low for her. Anyone that really wanted to find Isabel probably wanted to find her so they could try to kill her, for whatever reason, and either Lucilly was somehow completely unaware of that or she knew and she was being extremely passive aggressive. Isabel wasn't sure which one was better under these circumstances.

Still, Isabel was the one with the power in this situation, as Lucilly didn't seem to have any weapons on her person. She supposed that she could just humor the girl for the time being... or maybe even get a new replacement partner for the sake of the cameras, if it turned out that Lucilly was being genuine with her kindness.

"I... okay," she began again, rubbing the side of her head with her free hand. "Whatever, people want to see me for whatever reason. My question was why were you glad to see me?"
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Isabel narrowed her eyes at Lucilly, almost certain at this point that she must be up to something.

However, she still wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to just stab the girl to get her out of the way or actually gauge her intentions and see if they were legitimate. Perhaps if she probed her for more information then it would be easier to make a decision.

"Okay..." She began, briefly closing her eyes and pondering what she even wanted to say. "If you just want to be nice, how's about we go take a seat over there..." She pointed to the lip of the roof. "And just... talk."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Dorothy, huh?"

Isabel knew exactly who Lucilly was talking about; Asha's sleepwalking, crybaby of a partner. Of course she wanted to kill her, after all Isabel had killed what seemed to be her only friend in the whole wide world. She was truly a pathetic creature.

But if Lucilly had been around someone that wanted to kill Isabel, even if said killer had about the same shot as a snowball in hell, certainly she was okay with that idea herself?

Isabel shook her head as she sat at the edge of the roof. Lucilly was just digging a deeper hole for herself at this point, a well of despair that would lead to her demise. "I would hope you wouldn't want to kill me too." Isabel said, her voice somewhat somber. "There have been a lot of people out for my blood lately..." She glanced at Lily, her eyes narrowing briefly. "...and I don't really want another fight on my hands."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Burdening you?"

Isabel tightened her grip on her sword. "Cut the cryptic crap," she snapped, "what do you even mean by that? What have you just... already agreed to a plan to kill me, and you have some sort of secret weapon you've yet to pull out? Being nice to lull me into a false sense of security, but just when you get the chance you feel bad about it? I don't buy it."

"Lemme show you what happens to people who decide to try to hurt me." She stood up, gesturing to her sword in her hand. "This sword has been involved in the deaths of three people. This knife meanwhile.." She yanked the knife out of her pocket, before slipping it back in. "Has opened up someone's neck."

"Finally this..." She twisted herself around to get a good hold of the sickle, unhooking it from her belt loops. "Has tasted the blood of at least three people."

She ran her finger across the blunt outer edge of the sickle before glaring at Lucilly. "Got any bright ideas now?"
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"...Alright."

Isabel dropped the sickle to the ground, taking hold of the blunt edge of the sword and running her fingers down the length of the blade. "Although, I'm not sure if I could bring myself to kill someone that's so..." She paused, glaring at Lucilly. "Pathetic."

She glanced over at one of the cameras observing the roof, recording her actions for all to see. Sparing someone could make her look better, even if she had the strongest urge to kill Lucilly and, more importantly, make it hurt.

"How's about this... scamper along and leave me the hell alone, and you'll get to live another day." She lowered the sword to her side, signalling she had no intent to use it. "Promise."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It only took a moment's hesitation for Isabel to find herself hanging over the edge of the roof, her hefty bag and her calves being the only things keeping her secured.

A silver fire of panic raced through her as she used all of the strength her ballet toned legs could manage to force her torso back upwards just far enough to grab hold of the ledge. Tossing the sword up onto the roof, she grabbed hold with her newly freed hand and pulled herself all the way back up.

Panting, already somewhat exhausted from rescuing herself from certain peril, Isabel's head twisted itself in Lucilly's direction, white hot anger boiling away the blood in her veins.

She should have just killed her when she had the chance.

Standing up, her knees wobbling, Isabel pulled the knife out of her pocket and tossed it into her dominant hand, her eyes burning holes in her new target, the death sentence freshly signed and ready to be carried out. "I gave you a fucking chance, and that's what you do?" Her voice shook with rage unfathomable, her teeth clenched and her mouth twisted into a snarl. "Do you know what I've done to people who tried to kill me before?" She gestured to her bandages. "I didn't get out with no scrapes and bruises, but guess what? They're dead, and I'm still alive!"

Lucilly was backing away from her now, the two of them in lockstep. "I'm going to fucking kill you!" she screeched, before charging at Lucilly in the same way that Lucilly charged her.

The knife blade soon found itself sunk into Lucilly's body just below the ribs, blood oozing out of the wound and onto Isabel's hand. "You like that you stupid bitch?!"

All Isabel cared about now was making sure that Lucilly died, and that she died as painfully as possible. She ran the knife blade across Lucilly's torso, slicing it apart with little resistance. She smiled as Lucilly screamed in agony, her body being torn asunder. Isabel shoved her back, the girl falling over and blood pouring out of the wound, soaking the dark concrete of the roof. Bits of Lucilly's intestines poked out of the belly wound like groundhogs out of a hole, and Isabel saw the perfect opportunity to strike.

Isabel reached down, taking hold of Lucilly's putrid guts, the organ feeling slippery and moist with Lucilly's blood. She flashed a malicious smile at the girl before tearing a section of her body out of her and tossing it to the side, the portion of the girl's bowls snaking in a pile in and out of her.

Lucilly screamed even more loudly, hacking and coughing as she clutched her stomach. Isabel giggled, the rush of causing pain difficult to contain.

She loomed back over the girl knife held in bloody hand, raised and ready to cause more destruction. She brought the knife down, aiming for Lucilly's right lung, hearing the satisfying squelch as the knife connected and pierced her lung. She yanked the knife out of the girl, who had now begun coughing up blood, and brought it down again, this time on her other lung.

The girl's pitiful whimpers turned into gasps and choking noises as she was suddenly unable to breathe, and Isabel's giggles turned to outright laughter as she ripped the knife out of Lucilly's body once again. She soon found herself covering her face with her blood soaked hand which just moments before had torn Lucilly's guts out of her body, unable to contain her joy. "This is... heheh... what you get... heheheheh..." she said, in between fits of mad laughter, "for crossing me... heheheheh..."

She stood there, soaking in the rush as Lucilly sat below her, dying of blood loss and asphyxiation. "See you in hell... heheheh... you dumb motherfucker..."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As the rush faded away, Isabel soon found herself standing over a fetid pile of meat, her breathing fast and heavy.

She looked at her hands, reflexively sticking out her tongue in disgust at the blood and slime. She turned away from the body and went to the edge of the roof once again, glancing around for places with access to water. She hummed absentmindedly, taking note of the various areas that had access to the ocean and where they were before turning her head back in Lily's direction, the girl having retreated even further into the doorway. "Hey, Lily," she began, her voice lacking in its usual edge. "Loot the girl's stuff. My hands are too dirty and my bag is too full anyway."

She sat down, finally giving herself a chance to rest, staring at the ground, only glancing up occasionally to see if Lily was complying with her orders. Breathing deeply and doing her best to ignore the smell, Isabel slowly calmed down and returned her state of mind to normal.

Nearly dying had put her into a state of mind that she wasn't normally comfortable with, she never enjoyed the feeling of adrenaline, how out of control she felt when it was triggered. The rush of the kill had distracted her from the feeling of panic, but as the rush faded, the panic returned, and she had to take a moment to calm herself down.

Isabel stood up as Lily finished collecting Lucilly's things, before gathering her sickle and sword from off the ground. Re-affixing her things to her person, Isabel walked to the stairwell leading back into the asylum, briefly turning back towards Lily, her voice noticeably tired.

"Let's leave and... find a place to clean up."

((Isabel Ramirez continued in Die Anywhere Else))
Turtle's Signature

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · The Rooftop · Next Topic »
Add Reply