Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia.; Cake and grief counseling will be made available afterwards.
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 05:17 AM (12,466 Views)
frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
sorry, just catching up! here now!

mw is suspicious af
Links

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
also zetsu but people knew that already
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
RC

Brackie could be a mafia member who misplayed. Perhaps he's even an important mafia role.
Hey RC, could you explain this? What do you mean by an important mafia role? What makes you think Brackie might have one?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EP

So, this perks up my ears because Gramps also mentioned finding MW suspicious as he was catching up. Would you care to clarify that when you get a sec?
ok.
MW

Scum presumably knew there was no NK coming. They also knew what the trial would be, and thus got to seed a member into whatever room they found most desirable. This is very important.

Keep an eye for anyone who seemed to expect everyone to make it through the night phase. Town was unaware of this until the phase had ended, so anyone leaning towards everyone making it is likely scum. Also, presumably scum wanted to avoid giving up any sort of power to town; while theoretically scum could've been assigned to the same room, it's a decent bet some ended up with townies.
this statement seems helpful but is actually kinda odd. what does someone who expects everyone to get through the night look like? it's quite a hard behaviour to look for - it's much easier to look for people who clearly don't expect everyone to get through the night, which is what mw actually wants us to do.
MW

This is a reminder to look into Deamon and NAFT very carefully tomorrow if Randomness flips scum. I want this on the record. I want someone to quote this post tomorrow first thing if I get nightkilled and Randomness was scum. I nominate Paige for that duty.
conveniently, mw made a particular note that he expected a nk. this looks very convenient to me.

zetsu's inexplicable assertion that he fears he will be a likely nk is also not a good look. this is a claim that makes little sense from a town perspective, as mw points out. mw does not get town points for this.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
RC

fogu

RC

Brackie could be a mafia member who misplayed. Perhaps he's even an important mafia role.

Hey RC, could you explain this? What do you mean by an important mafia role? What makes you think Brackie might have one?
Godfather, Roleblocker, etc. who failed to get townpoints via unvoting, hoping to derail the lynch, but failed, which results not only his mafia partner to get lynched, but also that he himself lost towncredit
literally in the first post

Due to this, everyone's personal flavor is exactly the same, except in so much as I will refer to the first person to sign up as Tester #1, the second as Tester #2, and so on. The only difference will be whether your are Town or Mafia These were determined using a random tool.
if i am reading this right, there weren't any mafia power roles at the point at which brackie unvoted random. also, you haven't really explained what about brackie's play makes you think they might have an important mafia role, in particular
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
naft

Frogue: Thoughts on Brackie, while I have you with us?
brackie

Vote: Zetsu

That last-minute lynch derailment attempt was sketchy as fuck.
brackie

I never said zetsu's vote was sketch, I said his repeated attempts to derail the lynch by muddying the waters and sowing doubt were. I only reacted to the most recent voice in the room without actually thinking critically about the bigger picture, something which I'm trying to fix now by gunning for this voice for making me look stupid in front of everyone when I was right on the money in the first place >< (and also for trying to derail the lynch but priorities y'know).
these posts come one after the other, but are inconsistent. brackie did not say the repeated attempts to derail the lynch were sketchy. they said the last minute lynch derailment was sketchy - not repeated attempts, but a singular instance. this is important because brackie's stated that they were convinced to get off the random lynch by a specific zetsu post:
brackie

yay i get to wake up to a zetsu post that's giving me second thoughts and anxiety about this lynch
if zetsu had been attempting to derail the lynch throughout, why was this post in particular so persuasive?

if the nature of the argument in the post was sketchy, why was it enough to convince brackie to get off the lynch?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
mw

That said, I disagree that it's hard to find folks who expect everyone to survive. I had a pretty clear recollection of someone on my scum list making that particular slip, but wasn't tuned in enough at the time to go dig it up. Well, here it is; NAFT, explain?
to clkarify, mw, you had a pretty clear recollection of one of the people you thought was scum slipping up, and your response to this, rather than checking who it was, was to make a general post advising people to look for that, which in the process and completely by coincidence would have the result of making you look towny?

i also disagree that said post is any kind of scumtell. i read it as naft effectively saying "bring it" to ep's call for people to pressure him tomorrow.
mw

deamon

I'd have found it surprising too since they literally didn't get a nk last night
Okay, see, Frogue, this is what I was talking about. Exactly this. Please let's not ignore that this is the exact scum-tell I predicted.
excuse me? the scumtell you predicted was someone who "seemed to expect to survive the night", past tense. someone saying, after the fact and after you announced that it was a scumtell that maf didn't get a nk night one is not at all what you predicted, and would seem to be a considerable stretch

none of this should be read as any sort of endorsement of the towniness of naft or deamon. both of them are also suspect.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
naft

My lynch I think is the most informative, because you'd then learn about yourself, EP, frogue had some consistent pressure

Posted Image
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
woah, one comment, pretty consistent
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i mention demon in the same comment, how come you don't mention the consistent pressure there?

I mentioned zetsu being suspicious once too, how come no mention of the consistent pressure there?

or my consistent replacing of yugi?

or my consistent posting of "footage not found pictures"?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
also, why no mention of yourself, naft, on the list of people we'd learn about from an mw/deamon lynch?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gonna respond naft or no?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
this and that
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
naft

Frogue is also in this number, but I'm shakier on them because either they're attacking any and all in order to shake the game up due to their aggressive style of town play, or they're scum trying to get their digs in while replacing in.
i assume you got your definition of "attacking any and all" from the same dictionary that you used to define "consistent pressure"? i struggle to see how i've "attacked" anyone. ive mentioned that you, deamon, mw and zetsu are suspicious, as has... literally every other person in the game, so i'm not delighted about you singling me out here tbh.

i've no idea why you're so intent on portraying me as attacking people, but it's transparent and tiresome. hows about you answer my questions instead of perpetuating bullshit? wouldn't that be fun?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
not quite sure how i'm being defensive given i haven't defended shit, but whatever.

apologies, missed your nonsense definition. perhaps i'm dense, but could you please explain how me "going after" mw equates to there being consistent pressure on you?

i said this last game and i shall say it again: asking questions isn't "tackling" someone. pointing out inconsistent behaviour isn't "attacking" them.

me saying that you singled me out was clearly not in reference to the fact that you mentioned me, so please stop misrepresenting it as that. it was in reference to you saying that i'm "attacking any and all" when i've mentioned suspicions of the same 4 or 5 people that literally everyone else has mentioned suspicions of.
Links

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply