Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia.; Cake and grief counseling will be made available afterwards.
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 05:17 AM (12,473 Views)
NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mod, is there a mistake in the last vote count? Danny is at L-5 with 2 votes while Murder weasel is at L-6 with two votes as well.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also,

vote: Randomness

Serious vote.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Randomness
Mar 6 2017, 04:56 AM
Looking back at my last couple posts, I think I kinda get where you're coming from
I'm glad to hear it.

And I'm voting for you because I think you're scum. You're the only person in joke vote phase that has given me the heebies.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm also not super happy with Zetsu atm, either.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ITT, people who haven't played D1 Mafia with me.

My reasoning for voting Random was twofold. First, to end the jokevoting phase early so we can get actual dialogue going. Second, to do what I call a reaction check to see how people handled voting on at best shoddy reasoning. I do this every game, it's funtimes.

Random: My reasoning for voting you out of everybody is that I genuinely dislike the way you've carried yourself so far. Yugi is in the same vote - saying "Yeah that makes sense" to a vote/suspicion and then going "but why tho" is classic toeing the line - not willing to dig at me for answers, but also saying 'yes I sort of agree' to hedge your bets. Frown faces at alla'ya'll.

Vote is staying, however. The 'it was a joke vote but not a joke vote' rationale bugs me more than anything else at this point.

Zetsu: Scumnulls for voting vyse? Why is feeding your vote at the moderator a scumnull tell?

Deamon: Thoughts on Yugi/Random's contributions so far?

EP: What do you think regarding Danny's vote and Random's suspicions regarding it?

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dannyrulx
Mar 6 2017, 12:49 PM
Now the pros come out and I get lost. Time for learning methinks.
Nobody here is pro. I only made it to bronze 4 last season because they nerfed Godfather p hard. Mafia Ranked mode is cancer, anyways.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vyse, remove the period in the thread title you animal why would you do that to us.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zetsumodernista
Mar 6 2017, 12:03 PM
Random's style tends to be conciliatory, not reading too much into their response to Naft's vote either way. That said, I've only ever seen their town game (has random ever drawn scum?).
This is also something to note for me.

It may be genuine, but it reads as more bet-hedging. I'm adding a tally in the ledger.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Regarding Paige: so far, seems to actually be digging through stuff and moving discussion along. The zetsu thing is interesting because Paige tends to tunnel fight as both town and scum, so I'm not super seeing a difference as of late. I do like the assurances that all is cool in Mafia.

Regarding Yugi: I'm not sure what you mean by pulling stuff, but Yugi's actually given an opinion in this game which is more than last game's scum!Yugi. I like them as mild town vibes right now.

Regarding Deamon: when he actually decides to play rather than being aloof and distant maybe we can get somewhere. It's a typical "lol fuck your question" type post from him, which occurs when he's town or scum.

I'm not really going to further clarify my stance on random, as an aside. I did make a few mistakes in my questions post - I said "vote" instead of "boat", called Danny's claim a vote, etc - but likely that was because I was in a rush when I posted it. Nothing Random has done since I dropped the vote has changed my mind that I've got a scum on the line, and my success rate with this strategy is pretty high.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugikun
Mar 6 2017, 05:36 AM
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 6 2017, 05:21 AM
I'm also not super happy with Zetsu atm, either.
Why so? I think I understand why but I just wanna hear it first before I mindlessly conform to you.
Here. Notably, I did like that he turned it around and called Zetsu out.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EP

Like, from the reactions I feel like most people watching that go down had a really hard time following it, myself certainly included, but Random and Naft never missed a beat.

Naft
missing a beat
Random: My reasoning for voting you out of everybody is that I genuinely dislike the way you've carried yourself so far. Yugi is in the same vote - saying "Yeah that makes sense" to a vote/suspicion and then going "but why tho" is classic toeing the line - not willing to dig at me for answers, but also saying 'yes I sort of agree' to hedge your bets. Frown faces at alla'ya'll.

Vote is staying, however. The 'it was a joke vote but not a joke vote' rationale bugs me more than anything else at this point.

Here's where I note that Random's 'yes I am suspicious I guess' rationale is what's keeping my vote on them.

I'm really not sure what to say regarding a 'scripted sequence' at this point other than... okay? Random gave me bad vibes, I dropped a vote on them, they said they agreed with the vote, my vote stayed on because that was sketchy. I get how it potentially wasn't super clear what I was referring to in the above quote, but it absolutely was noted and it absolutely continued my push on a Scum!Random.

Also, Deamon saying he'll say something original when he has something original to say and then parroting Paige's point made me snort through my nose. Some buddying there, folks. Calling it now and calling it early.

MW: The fact that Yugi brought any evidence forwards at all makes me go "huh maybe I was wrong." The analytical content is lacking, but he brought evidence to the table. Contrary to his insistence, he didn't do a ton of that last game which puts him at a notch closer to town.

Yugi: What precisely do you take issue with regarding Zetsu?

Random: I didn't take your vote as anything. I voted for you because I got bad vibes from your play, said it was serious, you reacted suspiciously, so I doubled down on you being scum. Which you are. Is Deamon one of your scum buddies?

Danny: What's your take on Zetsu vs. Yugi currently? Decoy, same question.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I also wanna put forth a question: is lynching lurkers/inactives more valuable in this game than usual? The reason I'm thinking about this is that we're all vanilla at the start, so there's no chance we hit someone who is trying to lay low because they have a power role. Similarly, if we prune that pool early, I'm assuming we've got to have a better chance of roles being distributed to active players no matter how the mini-games work just by virtue of them being alive and lurkers not. I could be drifting off into total moon logic here though, so I want to see how others are feeling about this idea.
Eh, I was going to suggest the same thing before I started bulldogging. I'd recommend maybe hitting up boogie and Decoy - if Decoy keeps up the commentary then he can get a skate - but boogie is a borderline autolynch in the late phases anyway due to lurking. I'm especially good with this because scum's strategy last time was to choke out the big talkers early and leave a ghost-town for discussion late.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zetsumodernista
Mar 8 2017, 03:07 AM
Also, scumnull on Deamon, who's been memeing but not prodding and pushing for responses like he was last time. His memes also threw a lot more shade around last time in a way that was much more provocative. He's being different, and different in a less helpful way.
I like this read. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I like that you've put it forward.

Thought on MW/EP scum team: They're both saying the same things re: Random and I, but they're putting forward two different themes of argument. MW's accusing me of coaching Random, whereas EP is more saying it's a scripted sequence to provide either of us an out should the other be lynched. I'm not counting out the idea that they're a scum duo, but their arguments are different enough for me to at least look at one of them jumping on the other's point and altering it.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One thing to look for, also:

Because I jumped on Random early, if the more experienced Mafia players sense some floundering, they'll try to provide outs for Random to slip out with in their posts in the form of crumbs. Keep watch for them; when we lynch Random and they flip scum, they'll be useful later in the day.

V6
V5
Future

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugi, do you have any responses to Zetsu's questions?

Zetsu, of note you also were leaning on EP when she was shoving at you earlier. I don't think it's non-applicable to say that you're scum reading folks who scum read you.

Also further about the idea of lynching lurkers - I forgot that RC and Goose were playing this game, so that bodes fairly ill. Is RC more of a lurker than boogie?

V6
V5
Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply