Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia.; Cake and grief counseling will be made available afterwards.
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 05:17 AM (12,445 Views)
Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
VOTE: Flare

Statistically, this makes the most sense.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
claiming chocolate
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wait

i hate science
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I didn't know we could get from 'joking' to 'serious' just by... saying that we're serious.

Is that a thing? I guess that's a thing.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Guess I gotta be the one to stick my neck out first.

UNVOTE: Flare
VOTE: Zetsu

Unfortunately, we don't have much past history to draw from when it comes to Zetsu in these games, but I do remember that this is basically EXACTLY how Zetsu played last game when they were scum - make a bunch of really confusing points that get argued over and some people chalk up to newbishness and they skate by for a while. At the very least, I don't want Zetsu to fly by unscathed.

Getting people to intentionally scumread you might be one of the worst strategies I've ever heard, if I'm being honest - especially in your case, where it seems like half the game is on your back to some degree by now. Trying to make Mafia tell by getting a reaction to something, sure, I can buy it, but doing something that looks scummy just to go "oh well if you REALLY think about it it's not that bad"? That's just confusing at best and a cruddy, haphazard attempt at a defense at worst. And you can say you aren't scumreading people just because they point fingers at you, but when the people you're scumreading 'just happen' to be pointing fingers at you... not a good look.

(P.S. Don't let any of this distract too much from Random, cause Random is still definitely sus IMO)
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Even doing something only intended to LOOK scummy is still scummy, IMO.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
But this goes back to Plush's point - why bother apparently setting up some tricky gambit instead of just calling out people who you feel are behaving suspiciously in the first place? Whether you feel it's catching carelessness or not, doing something deliberately meant to confuse is counteractive to the play of a townsperson, which should be to divulge and dissect information in the most clear way possible.

(This also circles around to my strongly held belief that trying to gain info off of joke votes is possibly even more useless than just RNGing the Day 1 Lynch, but it's clear that some players don't agree with that and it's more of a discussion for postgame if anything)
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I personally feel like Random/Zetsu are tied for my top scumreads at the moment, I just want to push on Zetsu's a bit more now because I feel like it's getting more info ATM. Those are by far the biggest pings in the game for me right now, with NAFT jumping up higher if Random flips as scum.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't like MW trying to call out Deamon for calling out RC

Cause yeah, that was probably the dumbest response RC could have had. Gonna prod into him more come next day because that is most certainly not the play of a good townsperson.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd love to go into more detail, but the phase ends in a few hours and I could honestly fall asleep at any moment and we're not getting a no-lynch on my watch. While Zetsu is still my preferred target by a hair, Random got caught up in a sketchy scenario and didn't do the best job talking themselves out of it. I'm solildy confident in this lynch, and most definitely compared to most of our other current options.

UNVOTE: Zetsu
VOTE: Randomness
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
*everyone in the game immediately turns to NAFT*
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
RC's pretty town, I think - that last post is a misunderstanding scum definitely wouldn't make, and I don't believe it's some super double mindgame, I don't read RC as the type to try and play on that level.

MW's ticking my radar, though. Since when is Toben ever this aggressive? MW's well-regarded for being the prodder, the guy who's guiding the discussion and taking town through the logical points. What's notable is that throughout this whole day, MW hasn't asked for anyone's opinions on anything, not asking anyone to jump in to comment, nothing of the sort, which is usually a hallmark of his play. It's definitely strange to see him tunnelfight so hard, and not in a good way.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Of the NAFT/Deamon/MW skirmish, Deamon's actually the one I scumread the least because he's playing the most like his normal self.

And I still don't feel like I understand why MW is going so hard in the paint. It feels like a very short term strategy of "GET THESE PEOPLE LYNCHED"... and then what? What's our endgame? Where do we go from there? These are things I feel like MW usually addresses by now...
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
NotAFlyingToy
Mar 17 2017, 02:41 PM
Basically, MW wants a lynch. It's not an inherently scummy thing to want a lynch, and he wants to keep stuff focused - either to control the narrative or to get stuff done.
I can completely understand that, but the strength which he's going at it is what gets me the most. I've played probably close to a dozen Mafia games with MW and have NEVER seen him play this aggressively, and I just want to know if he really just believes in this lynch THAT strongly or if there's another reason for it.

Sorry if it seems like I'm harping on this, it's just a really interesting and possibly important point for me.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
howzabout

VOTE: MurderWeasel
V5 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply