Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia.; Cake and grief counseling will be made available afterwards.
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 05:17 AM (12,843 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm confirmed.

VOTE: THE CASH ME OUSSIDE GIRL She's had her fun.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, NAFT as of recently (i.e. since the issues involving me and Zetsu), made one contribution, namely that he did not believe that voting for the mod was a tell for scum, especially since it happened during the joke phase - this has become very relevant as it has been the topic of discussion ever since (with the break to ask why Toben thought I wasn't scum)

Random has expressed relief that the joke vote phase was over, and asked for clarification on NAFT's logic, which got overshadowed by Zetsu's argument about how those who jokevoted Vyse are suspicious, even though he had done so himself.

I'm actually going to throw something in right now, and state that for now, I'm going to trust NAFT and Randomness based on what they've done.

On another note, I'm going to null read Toben, since he is very proficient at moving things forward irrespective of his alignment - he's just good enough to the point where he's able to effectively hide his alignment

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Deamon: Then I'd say that I'd agree that I'd like to see Goose contribute more, but that I do not know what his lack of contributions would mean at present.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm actually going to go off of what Flare and EP said: Zetsu is saying quite a lot - in the sense that he's typing up words that become sentences. But they don't actually say anything coherent. Then you excuse it by saying you're trying to catch someone by being scummy, which is sort of like trying to act like you fit in with the mob when you don't know who the mob is, and are looking among a large group of law-abiding citizens - you might catch someone, but you similarly might also get arrested for looking shady, even if you are clean.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I'm here. Friends are good.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Randomness

Staying out of step with town would actually be good cover for Decoy after Murder's statement, and giving him that much benefit of the doubt is weird on my end. It's kind of been weird that Decoy has been pretty active this dayphase, and that's something that we should watch out for. But while his posts have been a little content light, I feel that the tone and content has actually been reading quite positively for him.
There is a very good reason I'm posting so much, and I will give it in three simple words:

Post. Number. Six. I am now at the minimum required post count for the round. As my first vote was already outside the joke vote window, there wasn't really any way I could pad five posts by speaking llama, so I decided to actually put in something substantial. Also, thanks for the vote of confidence.

NAFT

Thoughts on EP/MurderWeasel so far
MW is contributing right now as always - whether this is a genuine town effort, an attempt to throw off suspicion, or a bus remains to be seen. From what I see, Empress Plush originally followed Zetsu on the lynch, but turned to Randomness when suspicion came on him - which is either a bus move (if she's scum) or trust of Toben (if she's town).

I'm not going to go against it by voting, but I feel that we should look into Zetsu at least - his flailing might be due to inexperience, but could also very well be due to being scum - I still believe that Zetsu is the tactically best one we can make right now.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So on a good note, we were able to catch the right person with our hand grenade. I was with Riki, and it didn't really go anywhere since neither of us really posted in there. I'm going to agree with EP in looking at Zetsu right now, given his unusual actions and line of reasoning during Day 1.

NAFT

I'm really intrigued by this, because on the one hand it's pretty blatantly saying that decoy's basically just posting the minimum to survive the town phase
All right, I should have put that better - I'm pretty well known for not posting a lot, so the thing is that I'm posting not just to contribute, but to hit the minimum limit and not get modkilled, and I was talking about how I had completed the challenge (for me) of posting six times in a day phase - I might have to have a couple posts speaking in llama, so to speak, just to make the cut (the post you quoted from was actually discounted).

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Paige

So, if I'm getting this straight, Zetsu's logic to not lynch was sound and good and makes him town above reproach. Even though Random flipped scum.
I used this logic in Board Mafia v2 and got lynched for it - my only saving grace at the time is that I was trying to get lynched at the time. Yes, Day 1 lynches are like using hand grenades for microsurgery, but the traditional logic is that it's better than doing nothing at all - even when the grenade goes off on the wrong person, and especially when the grenade goes off on the right person. So I'm going to go screw it.

VOTE: ZETSU

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Excuse me, but I believe that Zetsu is at L-6 - you have him at L-7 with NAFT and Inky

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, then if that's true ...

UNVOTE

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel

VysePresident

Day Phase #2 begins now, and continues until March 21st, 11 PM CST.
Just noticed this and thought it deserved highlighting and preserving for posterity.
To be fair, the highlighted part is correct.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Because right now we're unable to decide whether MW is the greater threat or you are (No offense, but the vote right now seems to be split between you and MW)

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So next vote for NAFT is the hammer vote. I'm guessing?

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, crap.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just to note, I picked -1, 0, and 1 - I asked the mod to take the lowest one that counted, which was 0.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply