Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia.; Cake and grief counseling will be made available afterwards.
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 05:17 AM (12,838 Views)
dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Flare
Apr 5 2017, 11:13 PM
I agree with EP that placing a vote so hastily rings a lot of alarm bells. There's a whole lot of confidence going on not a lot of solid information, which is counter-intuitive to a Townie who knows, mathematically, that we have to be at LyLo today. And yeah, you can go around spouting "Well *I* know I'm town!" all you want, but hey, this is a game about CONVINCING PEOPLE. Especially considering the fact that scum would be very hesitant to off themselves at such a crucial point, you basically have to persuade both people left in the game who can possibly be persuaded, no stone left unturned. That's the only viable option; your current attitude smells of someone who thinks that if they act sure enough they can get one confused Townie to side with them and just end the game right here. And hey, conveniently enough, I don't really like the way you're trying to buddy up with me so blatantly.
yeah this is all smart to say

basically what happened was that i was overwhelmed by Noticing Something Actionable for once in a mafia game and rushed in waaaaay too hard. too late now, still not retracting my vote. will try to have better words later once i have slept.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I made a mistake."

"There's a really easy way to retract the mistake."

"naaaaaaaaah"
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
it's also less "trying to buddy up with you" and more "convincing you and the other townie that im not full of shit" is my win condition now.

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
my mistake was in how i presented it, not in my logic or my vote. i presented my case in a really, REALLY shitty way, which is bad because i should be... working with town instead of flipping the table and doing poses in the middle of the living room at midnight.

unvoting won't do my case any favors, and i am a steadfast son of truth.

Posted Image

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So here's how this breaks down for me:

There are almost definitely two scum left in the game unless it's a mind-blowing two scum team, in which case holy shit this game was biased against scum in a big way.

Boogie immediately pushes Brackie. If Boogie is scum, Brackie is clean.

Flare calls Boogie out. If Boogie is scum, Flare is clean.

I know I'm town.

Boogie is by far the scummiest person left in the game. By virtue of elimination, Goose is his partner.

I really feel strong about a Boogie lynch at this point and I don't know how much else we can learn. Flare, Brackie, is there anything you're wanting to hear here on the end of Boogie? Otherwise I feel like we've sussed this out.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Empress Plush
Apr 5 2017, 11:34 PM
Boogie is by far the scummiest person left in the game. By virtue of elimination, Goose is his partner.

I really feel strong about a Boogie lynch at this point and I don't know how much else we can learn. Flare, Brackie, is there anything you're wanting to hear here on the end of Boogie? Otherwise I feel like we've sussed this out.
sooooo you're saying that we don't much more to gain from discussion, that things are figured out, and that i'm a clear lynch?

either you are very understandably misguided town (i am wordshitter lmao) or you're scum trying to bait flare (who is also suspicious because lamo wordshit) into voting for me so you can get the one-two-punch-lynch-burn-me-alive-until-the-seagulls-cry-combo

Posted Image

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i might be severely misreading your attempt, making it appear that i am making your words more severe than they are in order to build suspicion but

it looks like you're kinda doing what you called me out for, just without the vote

which i guess is better?????

Posted Image

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm legitimately trying to figure out what we gain from listening to you, Boogs. You've said yourself that you're not moving from Brackie today. You think that's the best move and you won't let anyone else convince you otherwise. I don't cop to that, Flare doesn't seem to either, and Brackie's probably not going to agree to his own lynch. So lay it out for me. What's to gain by listening to more of your plan? Shit me some words there home slice.
SotF Characters

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I understand where boogie's coming from even though I don't like it or, obviously, agree with it. He vibes to me more as a townie making a bunch of mistakes than scum, though, so I'm not going to immediately pursue that even though he's obviously pursuing me. That single vote on me is a little alarming though, given that puts me 33% towards a lynch.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
haaaaaaaa ive backed myself into a wonderful fukken corner here havent i

Posted Image

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When you throw down a gauntlet of "I know I'm right so no one else will convince me otherwise" and the course you choose is one that the majority doesn't agree with...well, what're we gonna do here? What's the endgame to chatting this out some more? Your plan hinges entirely on you being town, and there's no way we can confirm this.

I also don't think we're gonna get anything else from grilling goose. He's gonna give the same response he always does: "This is what I always do."

There's a difference between saying "if you assume I'm town this is the right course of action, so here's a vote that I'm 100% sure of because I know I have a town PM, sheep me pls" and "hey, here's a bunch of scummy behavior from someone who has already made it clear they won't change their minds. Are we good?" Especially because I'm not throwing down a vote here in case Flare and Brackie *do* have some kinda town game plan we wanna address.

Also gonna point out nowhere in my posts has there been any call to vote for you, just call to talk about the possibility that you're scum and whether we can learn anything else.
SotF Characters

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dmboogie
Apr 5 2017, 11:45 PM
haaaaaaaa ive backed myself into a wonderful fukken corner here havent i
Lil' bit, yeah!
SotF Characters

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
realtalk i dont think i could have been a better scum player throughout this entire game if i had been trying to scum

being involved in five town lynches and directly just shooting one town voices in the fukken face, lmao holy shit

im not trying to go "hey self deprecating humor to put y'all off balance from my scummy ways" or any shit i just think this is legit hilarious

i can feel the ghosts of the dead-end tea party swarming me like golden butterflies and kinda flying into my eyes and nose and making life generally unpleasant, sorry guys

Posted Image

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackie
Apr 5 2017, 11:45 PM
I understand where boogie's coming from even though I don't like it or, obviously, agree with it. He vibes to me more as a townie making a bunch of mistakes than scum, though, so I'm not going to immediately pursue that even though he's obviously pursuing me. That single vote on me is a little alarming though, given that puts me 33% towards a lynch.
Big problem here: if boogie's town, then who is scum? Boogie's cleared Flare and there's no Godfather role. You know you're town, presumably, and you cleared me, so you know I'm town. If Boogie is also town, then that just leaves Goose, and there's no way we only have one scum member left, that would be ludicrous. I get that you're a cautious player and I think in general that's served you pretty well this game, but just look at the numbers here and I think it's pretty clear a scenario where you're town and Boogie is too is impossible.
SotF Characters

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
at least this game has allowed me to learn that my mafia playstyle is secretly "lurk until you get until the near end where it's real easy to keep track of everything and then flip the absolute fuck out", i just generally dont live to see that point

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply