Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aperture Science Mafia.; Cake and grief counseling will be made available afterwards.
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 05:17 AM (12,456 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Greetings, and welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Unfortunately, our regularly scheduled Tester is suffering from a minor technical issue, so while troubleshooting handles this, I will be aiding in this test. Please respect our guidelines and do not attempt to touch any non-sanctioned testing apparatus, attempt to leave the testing area, question the stability of the experiment, or drink alcohol if pregnant or nursing.

The rules are simple. Most of you will be given 'green' microchips, while the rest of you will receive 'red' microchips. Your goal is to destroy the microchips of the opposite color according to the guidelines provided for you. Please see your Role PM for more details/health hazards/etc. When you have determined someone is of an opposing faction, please take their chip from them and dispose of it in the Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator we have provided for your benefit. State and Federal regulations mandate that all chips must be destroyed promptly, in order to properly finish the test, so please respect our guidelines. They are for your safety.

Posted Image

You will also be given the opportunity to participate in four bonus tests centered around Trust, Enthusiasm, Self-Confidence, and Teamwork to further enhance your testing experience.

Finally, for your convenience, and to prevent accidental mishaps or misplacement of valuable property, these chips have been permanently bonded to your frontal lobes during the mandatory medical examines, as per the terms of the waivers you all signed by default when you volunteered.

The Rules

• Do not, under any circumstances, quote, screenshot, or otherwise allow people direct access to your Role PM. You may paraphrase your role & flavor. Do not talk about the game outside of the game thread in any capacity without direct permission from the mod. If you're not sure if something is okay, ask, and save us both some trouble.

• To remain active, you must make at least six posts per day. If you fall below without posting a notification in the appropriate thread, you will be prodded the first time, and mod killed the second. If I am PM'd by a 4/5 majority of the surviving players with the request to modkill a player who has already received a prod, they will be modkilled regardless. (You may discuss this in-thread, but only votes sent via PM will be counted.)

• Day Phases will run for 7 days. Night phases will run for 2. This may be altered slightly for Test #2, as it may require an extra 1-2 days during the Night Phase. (Blame rebalancing!) The scum team will receive 36 hours of Daychat on the first day phase only.

• Order of actions will be determined by NAR, except in that Roleblocks take primacy over all other blocking actions, and Miscellaneous roles are treated like the role they most resemble, where applicable.

• All lynches are final. You may continue talking after a lynch is reached but before I've posted the flip aka during the unofficial "Twilight Phase". Once the flip is posted and night starts, no more posting.

• After you are killed, do not post in this thread. This includes when you are lynched - you may not speak in Twilight if you are the person being lynched. No last minute read lists or Cop reveals, etc.

• Votes must be red to be counted. Unvotes should be green. Unvotes are encouraged, but not required. If it looks like a vote for somebody, it will be counted, to avoid fake-voting gambits.

• Don't deliberately be a jerk. Attacking somebody's play is fine. Attacking the player as a person is not. Likewise, please try to understand that this is a game, and people may suspect you as part of it. I don't think this will be an issue with you guys, but I want to keep it clear & ready.

• Don't try to abuse loopholes in these rules. Deliberately attempting to circumvent the rules, including pretending to break a rule, will be treated as if you were actually breaking the rule.

• Vote counts should be posted at least every 24 hours. If I don't do this, you're free to bug me.

• Play to your win condition and be civil--this game is about arguing, not about being gratuitously insulting in a personal way.

• I intend to use a light hand while modding, however Rule Zero is firmly in effect.

Game Specific Rules & Information

• Everyone is Vanilla at the start of the game.

• Powers roles will be distributed via four 'Tests'. These are simple, pre-determined mini-games centered around paranoia and trust.

• There will be one 'Test' per Day for the first four Days. This will usually take place during the night phase.

• Due to this, everyone's personal flavor is exactly the same, except in so much as I will refer to the first person to sign up as Tester #1, the second as Tester #2, and so on. The only difference will be whether your are Town or Mafia These were determined using a random tool.

---

These are the roles that may appear in the game and a description of what they do. Not all of the roles listed will necessarily appear in the actual game, but any that do can be found on this list. (Note that these powers may potentially be 'gated', such as 'x-shot' roles.)

Normal Roles

The roles that appear on the second list below are powerful roles that will only appear very conditionally, such as following a successful use of the Bookie role.

Major Roles

Any roles not mentioned in either list will not appear in this game under any circumstances.

Now that the legalese is over, enjoy!

Living Players - (List of ISOs) - (Mod ISO)

1: DmBoogie*
2: Brackie
3: Goose
4: Doc/EP
5: Flare

~An * denotes a prod. One prod is allowed before a modkill or force-replacement on the second. Players may force a modkill upon 4/5 agreement if the player has received a single prod already.

The Dead:

Randomness - Mafia
Naft - Town
Deamon - Town
Frogue - Town
MurderWeasel - Town
Bikriki - Town
Danny - Town
Decoy - Town
Zetsu - Town
RC - Town

Events:

Day #1 Lynch - Randomness
Day #2 Lynch - Naft
Day #3 Lynch - Decoy
Day #4 Lynch - Zetsu
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vote Count 1.00

(None)

Not Voting(15) - Boogie, Randomness, Brackie, Goose, MurderWeasel, Zetsu, Naft, EP, Deamon, RC, Riki, Flare, Danny, Decoy, Yugi.

With 15 players remaining, it takes 8 to lynch.

The phase will end March 12th, at 11PM CST

Posted Image

Scum Daychat will end on March 6th, at 5PM CST.

Posted Image
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As a final note as we go live, I just want to apologize for the delay. I spent eight hours today and four last night just hammering out so many kinks in the game balance to make things as streamlined and simple as possible. (I'l rant after the game if anyone is actually interested. Suffice it to say I'm sick as heck of writing stuff reminiscent of legalese.) I've finally finished double checking things, and I think we're all good to go!

Flavor will likely be relatively brief due to realizing my first draft of the opening flavor was turning into a meme fest of festering memes.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Suffice it to say I'm sick as heck of writing stuff reminiscent of legalese

pats

Anyway, I am here and I have received my role!
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
good morning
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Same, I have a role.

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VysePresident
Mar 5 2017, 05:23 AM
Flavor will likely be relatively brief due to realizing my first draft of the opening flavor was turning into a meme fest of festering memes.
And memeing is my job
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
beep boop

reporting for experimentation
V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Whelp, I'm checking in. Let's go blow up lemons.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Brackie
Member Avatar
i love him, i love him, i love him, i love him
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
check check checkin in
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
My detention in the relaxation vault was neither brief nor pleasant, but I am ready to begin enrichment.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm here because I distinctly remember being promised an army of mantis men. So far Vyse is reinforcing my instincts not to trust him.
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
VOTE: Flare

Statistically, this makes the most sense.
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually while I am here
VOTE: VYSE

I mean let's be honest.
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Riki
Mar 5 2017, 01:48 PM
Actually while I am here
VOTE: VYSE

I mean let's be honest.
Vote: VYSE

NO GODS NO RULES
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply