Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Wicked Die Alone; morning of day 6, open
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 02:47 AM (441 Views)
Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from Santa Sangre))

There he was.

Well, two people that Brendan was seeing. One dead, one alive. He knew that he should be used to seeing bodies but he couldn't help feeling sick and horrified at seeing anyone dead. He wondered if he could ever get over the sight of corpses. No, he would never get over it. He didn't want to say anything about the body yet. He didn't want to ruin the current mood. He was feeling like he should just be glad that Maxim was alive and well.

So why wasn't he?

Brendan was standing beside Fiyori's side, noticing the smoke as well. Right, there had been a fire at the library. He missed being back at the library at home, being absorbed in his books. Being in his own little world. How he wished he could have those days back. Sadly, this was reality and there was no going back to a time like that.

He needed to speak. He needed to get Maxim's attention as well as Fiyori's.

"Makes you wonder what the person who did it was trying to achieve."

Brendan hoped that was good enough for his friend to hear for now.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan couldn't help the next thing that came out of his mouth. He had needed to feel more better at some point. Especially if it was about some books. Right now, he could even start on an idea for a story just because of a library being burnt by someone who must have had a good reason to do so. He was getting more distracted just thinking about it. He guessed in a way it was better than getting into a tense situation with people he was hoping not to see again. Especially Jae. He was still resentful over what Jae did to him. He wondered if he could ever talk to Jae again without things going to complete hell. He doubted it.

While he was having these thoughts, he was laughing a little. Mainly because everything felt so normal. Like they were just three people having a very normal conversation. Even if Michael's corpse was right there. He wondered if Michael was judging him right now, wherever he was. The afterlife?

Brendan wiped a tear from his eye as he had been laughing a little longer than he thought he had and then he took a few breaths to calm himself down. "Sorry, s-sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. I just.... This feels so normal. Like we're just having a conversation at home without all of.... this." He said simply as he pointed behind him with his free hand and then his smile faded a little. "I wish I could have gone to the library at some point. I would have loved to see what type of books were there. I missed my chance at saving some books."

He paused as he thought about it more.

"I just hope that no one had died in that fire. That.... That would be too much."

His gaze returned to Michael's body. Has Jonathan seen Michael like this? He did feel a little sad and a tad angry. Mainly because Michael had to go and die like that. Leaving Jonathan behind. Brendan wasn't trying to blame Michael for what happened. The person to blame was his killer.

"....So...."

He turned his gaze back to Maxim, blinking a few times.

"How have you been, Maxim?"
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan just listened silently as Maxim told him what had happened over the last days before and Brendan couldn't help but feel glad that Maxim had not gone through a lot worse than him. It was a selfish thing to think about but Brendan wanted to be honest about what he thought. Maxim hadn't become a killer like him. And Maxim hadn't became a victim to anyone. So in a way, Brendan was relieved to hear what Maxim said. Well, not the parts about Cristo and Junko being dead. Those parts were awful to hear and he hated remembering their names on the announcements. It hurt to hear people's names. Even people that he didn't know at all. It still made his heart ache. He also wondered if he could help Maxim search for his allies. How would they react to him? Knowing that he was a two-time killer? He wasn't going to become a player but if he had no choice in the matter, then.... Whatever happens will happen.

Maxim was asking about him and who Fiyori was. He didn't even get a chance to introduce Fiyori to Maxim as she basically did it herself. Then she was talking about wanting to see two people dead. Was he one of those two people? He had made Bernadette die by accident. But not everyone was going to see it that way. Accidental murder. One person who he considered too dangerous was Isabel Ramirez. She needed to be stopped. She was going too far with how many people she had killed. Eight people? That terrified him. But he was getting a little paranoid about what Fiyori said. He needed to say something, but he was going to hold back what he wanted to ask her.

"I can agree with someone who needs to be stopped, Fiyori. I think that person is Isabel Ramirez. She's killed too many people and someone needs to take her down." Brendan gave a small nod towards Fiyori and then he glanced back at Maxim, sighing softly. ".....I haven't been great, Maxim. I've done a lot of things that I regret. A lot of mistakes were made because I didn't think things through. And now Jerry and Bernadette are dead because of me and there is nothing that I can do about it. But I'm glad to have Fiyori and ....Alba...."

Wait, where was Alba?

Brendan turned around to look for her, his breathing was getting a bit hollow. He couldn't see her anywhere. Hadn't she just been behind him and Fiyori a few minutes ago? He needed to calm down. Maybe she was trying to catch up to them. Or maybe she is in danger and he wasn't there to protect her.

"Alba...?"
Edited by Primrosette, Mar 21 2017, 08:04 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was sure that Fiyori was right about Alba being able to take care of herself. He believed that she could protect herself. Although, he felt like he owed Alba for defending him against Jae the other day. He just felt uneasy and a little scared of being separated from her. He didn't want to think that he was the clingy type, just the type that is determined to make sure that his remaining friends were safe. The next thing that he knew was that Fiyori was going by herself to look for Alba and then she set up a location for them to meet up at. He honestly didn't want to go back to the crematorium but he needed to as he wanted to see his friends again. He didn't even get a chance to say anything to Fiyori as she walked away from him and Maxim.

Then Maxim was asking him about what they should do. Brendan was a little surprised by being asked. He wasn't the guy to normally lead the way, he was more of a follower. But right now, he had to change that for the better. He couldn't hide away or run away from his problems anymore. He had to do something good for a change. He couldn't continue to make mistakes.

He glanced down at Maxim with a serious stare. "I think that we should get moving ourselves. We have to go and look for anyone who can help us out without attacking us and I would like to look for Alba, Jonathan and Candice. I have to make sure that they are okay. I want to help you look for Ben and then we can head for the crematorium like Fiyori suggested." He paused for a moment. "How does that sound to you, Maxim?"

Alba was honestly his top priority at the moment. He didn't want to lose her. She was more understanding than anyone else right now. She was basically his voice of reason, his rock, his.... girlfriend...?

Stop thinking about her like that, Brendan. You will make sure to hug her once you see her again....
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was glad that Maxim was going to follow his plan for now. In the future, he knew that they had to get more serious in order to survive this ordeal. Well, one person had to make it back home and he wondered who that might be. Will it be a player? A non-player? Someone he didn't know at all? He didn't know the answer to that. As much as he didn't like to think about it. All he wanted to think about were his friends and doing the best that he could to find them and protect them. Those were the only things he was willing to do for now.

He glanced down at Michael's body and he was trying not to cry. He couldn't afford to get emotional right now. He had to move on and look for Jonathan. He had to make sure that Jonathan wouldn't go down a path that he will regret for the rest of his life. I'll find him, Michael, I promise. It was the less that Brendan could do. Especially after what he did to Michael's ally.

"Alright then. Let's get going, Maxim."

((Brendan Harte continued elsewhere))
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Docks · Next Topic »
Add Reply