Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Wicked Die Alone; morning of day 6, open
Topic Started: Mar 5 2017, 02:47 AM (448 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
[[Fiyori Senay, continued from Santa Sangre]]

"It's quite the sight, isn't it."

Fiyori had, after careful deliberation on her own all alone, decided something important. She wouldn't surprise people. As in, she would announce herself. Her presence would be, by default, be clear to those she visited. Back in Kingman she had come into the habit of sneaking up on people. Her father hated it. He'd joke that Fiyori was trying to give him a heart attack. Her mother hated it too. She'd say the same, but she'd be serious.

Either way. Fact of the day, Fiyori got a habit for sneaking up on people and that was something she would work on. Oh, it was a useful skill. Especially for the fact that she did not hone it as one would learn for school or train for a sport. But it was also rude. And given the circumstances, also dangerous.

She would not have wanted for Maxim to turn around and shoot her with a handgun, just because she startled him.

"You know what's up with that, Max?"
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan commented first. He wondered what a person would try to achieve by setting the library ablaze. Fiyori thought her part, and replied with a mere murmur.

Fiyori gave Brendan a brief glance. She then returned her focus to the library for a few more moments. Then she turned to Maxim. There was a body nearby, but Fiyori did her best to ignore it. She would have liked to say that it smelt, but she actually didn't sense anything of the sort. Maybe the sea was trumping the stench, maybe she was just used to it. So it was all too easy for Fiyori to not acknowledge the corpse.

Maxim took his time. He stared at the pair, and at some point Fiyori wondered if he was broken. Like a talking doll whose electronic circuits were lost.

"...So-" Then he spoke. Maxim said that he would have made sure the library wouldn't burn. If he had any say in it. The next thing piqued Fiyori's interest.

"Aye, burning books is terrible."

It was a curious statement. Caged on an island, surrounded by endless sea and dark clouds, where over one hundred people were dying piece by piece, day after day. And yet Maxim believed that the burning of a book was the greater sin. Whether he meant it in jest or not, it was a judgment call. He placed value, and Fiyori - odd enough - felt something like admiration.

"I'd hope it was just books burning though." Fiyori clicked her tongue, and threw her hair to the side. "Exceptions notwithstanding."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maxim thought his story was boring. Fiyori thought it was quite the ride. She raised her fingers, and chewed a bit on her knuckles. It wasn't a tale of 'boring', it was a tale of 'futile'. Maxim tried. He met people. He searched for allies. And all of that was for nothing. Well, he survived. Thus far. But even that was pointless. Maxim's people died. He'd die. That was all.

...no. No that wasn't her truth anymore. She had once thought like that, but the few days of SotF had changed Fiyori. Things weren't just 'futile' anymore. Things were just 'different', in an unknown but exciting way. Fiyori couldn't put all her fingers on it, but there was something bigger. Something beautiful, that destroyed the notions of 'boring' or 'useless'.

She tasted a bit of blood, so she stopped chewing on her knuckles.

"The name's Fiyori Senay, but I guess you already know."

Fiyori Senay, she knew she cut an interesting figure. Black, tall as shit, and blessed with piercing blue eyes. People did see her alright, and what they saw was in the end all the same. A thug, a mantis, a predator, a monster, a devil... something that did not belong into the world, to put it briefly.

"I am not a player, but I'll make sure I'll see two people dead. One for the sake of my dead friend. And the other one for the sake of my friend who'll... live."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Her answer had been sparse with details. Details were important. They signalized the movement from the abstract to the concrete. A thing that has details ceases to be a vague idea, and instead becomes a true reality. Fiyori had sword to see people dead. And yet she still preferred to keep her oath one step removed from her sense of reality. If she thought about Isabel, Fiyori began to hate. And when she began to feel, all she could see was Danny's lifeless body hanging somewhere out there.

Fiyori didn't want that. The death of her friends, as inescapable as it was, shouldn't be thought about any longer than what was absolutely necessary.

Brendan didn't knew of the details either, but he was attentive. Or perhaps it was too obvious. When he looked at her and mentioned Isabel, she gave him an affirmative smile. He didn't know about Georgia Lee. And that was better, to be honest. GLD was a bit more of a complicated matter than Isabel. Hell, Fiyori herself couldn't understand all of it. No way she'd be able to explain it to Brendan.

"Alba? Oh, I thought you had noticed as well. She went off on her own, couldn't quite get where though."

Fiyori shrugged. But she could feel a bit of anxiety rising in her. "Hehehe, but y'know. Alba got the gun, she'll be fine."

She looked out to the sea once again. The sun was barely shining, and a breeze crossed her face. The was a dark cloud forming on the horizon. Before Fiyori could take note, it had expanded and engulfed all. The wind was howling, louder and louder until her ears were drowning with the cacophonous hymn. The gales carried a thousand shards of glass, and as thunder struck, so did the storm. Fiyori felt her skin being shredded into pieces,

and she stumbled back.

"...I'll go look for her. I'll be at the crematorium at sunset, got that?"

[[Fiyori Senay, continued in Die Anywhere Else]]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Docks · Next Topic »
Add Reply