Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Haemolacria; Late Day 5; Tagging Zarina, Cicada, and Mr. Mystery!
Topic Started: Feb 27 2017, 08:35 PM (705 Views)
VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Penelope Fitzgerald continued from Hemochromatosis))

Penelope sat down near the fence lining the northwest cliffs, her friends not far behind her.

Actually getting to the warehouse had been difficult, due to the placement of the nearby danger zone. Their circuitous route to reach it had brought them to the cliffs, and Penelope's legs had gotten awfully tired.

She sat down on the cool grass, with the sounds of waves crashing against the cliffs below and the smell of the sea relaxing her. It reminded her of the few times that her family had gone on vacation to the coasts of California.

What she would give to be home with them again...

Penelope turned back to her companions, who had finally caught up with her, and spoke. "I think... I think we should rest here for a little bit."
Turtle's Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Penelope nodded along to what Ben was saying, her eyes affixed to a vague shape in the distance.

"Y-yeah," she began, absentmindedly. "I'd take Kingman over this any day."

The vague shape grew closer to the group, taking form as a person that Penelope couldn't quite recognize from this distance.

She stood back up to try to get a better view, ignoring her aching legs. A new person could easily wind up being a new friend with just a few kind words and a hug, and every new friend brought her plan one step closer to completion. Unfortunately, a new person could also be easily scared off if she didn't act quickly to establish friendly relations. "Hey uh... guys I'm... I'm going to see who that is. W-wait here, if you don't mind."

Despite her exhausted leg muscles protesting against her movements, Penelope stood up and began jogging slowly towards the new arrival, waving her hand in the air as a demonstration of peace.

"Hey!" She shouted, while quickening her pace. "Wait up!"
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping with permission.))

"Ah! Hey! I uh..."

Penelope took a moment to breathe, calming her already exhausted body after that short jog towards her new acquaintance.

She recognized the new girl as one of the few senior girls that she had interacted with on occasion that wasn't one of her friends. If you had asked Penelope to pick the girl out of a crowd, she would have been able to do so, but she couldn't quite remember the girl's name. Names were never Penelope's strong suit, and it even took her a while before she regularly remembered the names of some of her closest friends.

One thing she did remember though was that the girl in front of her was mute. That wouldn't make communication between the two of them easy.

"So um... my name's Penelope, in case you didn't know or remember or whatever and um..." She searched for words as she stared at the gun in the girl's possession. "I just saw you over here alone and I thought that like... maybe you were lonely and you could use a friend and stuff and..." Penelope awkwardly pushed her index fingers together, her nervousness clear as day. "Well um... now that I'm up here next to you I recognized you and I know you can't talk so I guess just nod or shake your head or something and um..."

"Do you wanna just..." Penelope gestured towards Ben and Raina off a bit in the distance. "...come with me and go back to my friends? They don't bite!"
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Huzzah!"

Penelope gently took hold of the girl's hand and directed the both of them towards her allies, waving her free hand in the air to signal that things were alright. A gentle breeze blew over the cliffs from the sea as Penelope lead the way, keeping a slow pace to avoid tiring out her already weak legs even further. She turned her head back towards Kimiko, noticing the discomfort on the other girl's face. "Something wrong? Wait, actually... don't answer that. Since you kinda... can't. Um... sorry."

"I'll just..." She turned her head back in the direction of her friends. "Shut up, or something."

Awkward silence filled the air between them, the sounds of the breeze and the soft pitter patter of their feet against the grasses lining the cliff being the only things breaking the silence.

Eventually the duo finally got within talking distance of Penelope's companions, Penelope's grip relaxing and releasing Kimiko's hand before she ran up to and hugged Raina.

"Guys I got another friend! I think, anyway. Her name is um..." She turned her head back in the girl's direction. "Sorry to be a bother but um... could you... signal what your name is? Like um... mouth it or write it down or um... something. Sorry, again."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Kim..."

Penelope's eyes widened as the full gravity of the current situation dawned on her. She was standing just a few feet away from the girl who had killed dear, sweet Cristo.

She felt the whole world begin to fall away from her, the voices of her friends becoming muffled and indistinct. She tightened her grip on Raina in an effort to keep herself from collapsing, barely noticing the other girl shifting her to the side.

How could she have been so stupid? She saw the sword, she saw the gun, and most importantly she saw the blood, despite her best efforts to ignore it. She should have realized that Kimiko was a threat and that she was risking everyone's lives by even talking to her, even if she didn't know who Kimiko was. She always wanted to see the best in everyone, wanted to believe that everyone was open to reason and compassion, but anyone that would kill someone as peaceful and sweet as Cristo was likely too far gone to bring back.

Tears rolled down her face, her breathing quickening as the full trauma from all the deaths of her friends came roaring back to her all at once, now that she was finally confronted with one of their killers.

"Oh god no... oh god no no no..." She muttered, as she relinquished her grip on her friend and slowly lowered herself to the ground, covering her face with her hands. The world around her fell away completely, leaving her isolated, the cool grass underneath her being her only anchor to reality. Her crying turned into full on sobbing, her mind unable to truly understand and cope with the idea that her friends were gone. People she had spent years of her life with extinguished permanently, never to speak to her or experience joy ever again. Never able to truly live the only life they would get.

Her inelegant blubbering grew louder and impossible to ignore as she fell over to the ground, briefly bringing her back into reality before everything fell away again. Her breathing grew even quicker as her heart raced due to a combination of panic and trauma. Her mind and body were completely unable to cope with her emotions.

Penelope's hands slid off of her face, her eyes opening and shattering the illusion of oblivion she had briefly slipped into. Even through her own tears, she could see that her friends were angry and that Kimiko was blatantly distressed. She had to say something. She couldn't let anything happen here.

"Pl-please do-don't fight!" She forced out in between sobs, her arms shaking as she tried to pick herself up. "N-nobody needs to g-get hurt... please d-don't hurt each o-other... please..."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"W-Wait!"

Penelope pushed herself up off the ground as Kimiko turned her back to them and left. "W-we can talk this out!" She shouted, her voice shaking. "You don't... you don't have to leave..."

She desperately waved her hand in the air, but Kimiko wasn't turning around, she possibly wasn't even able to hear Penelope at this point.

She sniffled, lowering her arm. Her gaze strayed to the ground below, tears falling off of her face and landing in the grass. Kimiko had seemed more than willing to talk things out, and Penelope had wanted to give her a chance and forgive her for her mistakes, even if she couldn't comprehend why she would have killed Cristo, and allow her to make amends in any way she could. But now she was gone, probably feeling like even more of an outcast than before.

"Oh god..." She muttered, as she put her hands on her face. "I fucked this all up."

She slumped back down to the ground, curling herself up into a ball. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to... I just... I just wanted to make another friend..." Her voice was weak, the sound of it pitiful. "I'm so sorry..."
Turtle's Signature

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Penelope sniffled once as her tears stopped flowing and her hands came off of her face.

"O... Okay..." she mumbled, her voice weak.

She stood, her friends helping her up. They were right, of course they were. She needed to avoid going up to people she couldn't at least put a name to, and she needed to stay focused on the task at hand.

She took a deep breath, before sighing and releasing her built up tension. "I'll... I'll try to be more careful from now on."

She sniffled again, her heart still weighing her down, the gentle breeze feeling like gale force winds. She wrapped her arms around Raina in an effort to comfort herself before continuing, her voice quiet. "We should probably like... actually rest, before we move on. Let's just... sit down, eat a bit, and talk about stuff... yeah?"

---

Penelope lay in the grass, staring up at the sky, the group having run out of things to say several minutes ago.

She sat up, looked both Raina and Ben over, and spoke. "Alright, I think we've all gotten enough rest. Let's head out to find Johnny."

Standing up and getting her things in order, Penelope turned towards the direction of the warehouse.

"I'll lead the way!" She chirped, her peppiness having returned once again.

And with that, she left.

((Penelope Fitzgerald continued in Drawn To The Blood))
Turtle's Signature

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Northwest Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply