Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale Mafia Fallout Thread
Topic Started: Feb 24 2017, 01:01 AM (1,081 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Best.

Scumteam.

Ever.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Empress Plush
Feb 24 2017, 01:18 AM
That is the last time I ever back off of you when you ping me that hard day one, Vyse. I knew I should have trusted my gut on you ;P
In before Scrubs Mafia V2. ;)

To be fair, I was only pinging you because I made the mistake of playing too Town a game. You should have been far more suspicious when I let you 'win' on the lynch, especially with Frogue afk. ;P

I mean, my push on Zet was with the understanding that there was no avoiding a wagon on someone so blatantly scummy. I both underestimated Zet (Super, super good teammate!) and how Town would react to a push I would consider absolutely normal in early game. I'll be honest, I died laughing when I realized I might get lynched for overplaying what I thought was Town behavior.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not! I would have died IRL if we had to do that again!

I mean, I was mostly joking, but there's still that 49% truth in there....

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not at all. You were far better than most. At least you had some reservations about me, while the rest of the Town was about to lynch Prim as the freaking Godfather. I felt like I was doing nothing but staying out of the way that whole game.

I'm writing up two larger posts discussing the game, so I'll hit you up then, but honestly, if you'd just been a bit more active, and a bit less cautious, you'd have probably done better than most.

I'd probably have tried abusing everything conceivable to get you lynched anyway, but that's not a statement on your play. Sometimes, the best players get lynched because nobody else listens. You just need to fight a bit more, and maybe trust yourself a little more - if you can do that without going to the other extreme, I think you'll be fine mate.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First off, good game Town, and thank you mod for donating your time! It was a really cool game, and despite what some of my whining may have come across as, I really enjoyed my time playing!

Thanks team for being one of the most fun to engage with ever and being a strong team to work with. Props especially to Zet, who played a particularly strong first game, and I will never trust him again. ;P

I think this game came down to Town setting it's sights on players based on a poor play, and refusing to let go and re-evaluate until the flips hit in. I'll be honest, Brackie was beyond obviously Town when we lynched him, and I probably deserved any and all scumreads for not immediately jumping all over the logic there. Sorry mate, I felt kinda bad with how frustrated you were there. :/

I'll be honest, for all the accusations in the dead thread, the truth is closer to me coasting along to the tune of Town burning itself down. After Day 1, I realized that I really didn't need to do anything special. Town was too focused inward, and my teammates were doing an excellent job of sidestepping the noise. (That's part of why I typically rail and rant against this as Town. There are valid reasons to scumread inactive players, but it's dangerous if you get lazy about it.)

I don't feel like I played particularly strongly as a result, mostly because things worked out without me. Naft gave a burst of life into the game, and I appreciate him playing with us. (And Conf-Townning me ;) )

I'll be honest, I kinda tried to stir something up with Backslash partly for the effect I explained in the Scum QT, and partly because I was kinda bored and feeling like I was underplaying. I hit on them being Masons literally right before Deamon claimed, as Murder can attest, and I died a little inside when that happened. Nice play, Deamon, not going to lie. You screwed my plans over a fair bit. >_<

Not only did I not kill anyone for arguing with me, (Except sorta Doc, and that was more pre-emptive, as I felt I couldn't afford too many voices against me, and Doc's was by far the most potentiallly dangerous and least appealing lynch.) I specifically tried to make sure there was always someone in conflict with me, so as to let them get all the bad lynches. I'm sorry Deamon, but with your low opinion of my play following Scrubs, it was just too fun playing the low-key obnoxious ego. Please don't hate me. XD

My kills were based entirely on voices who might be problematic in the long run, rather than anything they did in the short run. While I think SotF is moving away from NK analysis (Mostly for the better, but not entirely.) I wasn't clicking closely enough with the Town thought process to take too many risks.

Psych, you were dead Night #1 as soon as I drew the scum PM, no matter what, I'm sorry mate. I played off of you to set up suspicion on Doc later, though I ultimately backed off that route because Doc was so obnoxiously Town about it all. I hope you'll understand and maybe get a kick out of the scum QT. I might have exaggerated slightly, but I do seriously consider you hands down the best player on the site currently, and am legitimately concerned about facing you.

My personal strategy this game was initially super-involved, in spite of how busy I was, but I faded back as I realized the Town was eating itself up, and played a game more to Murder's scum book than my normal.

Espi surprised me when he still had reservations on my play following the Cop Investigation, and I'm still a bit shocked that we nearly lynched Prim as Godfather.

Again, I'm sorry if you felt useless, Prim. I don't want my apology to get lost in the Scum Thread, so I'm going to try to find and quote it, but I feel legitimately bad about you there. We didn't even need you lynched. Decoy's death would have been enough anyway. :/

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zetsumodernista
Feb 24 2017, 03:19 AM
Anyways, this was my first mafia game in a forum, so my gameplay was really really simple and basically focused on self-preservation.

Anywho, thoughts/advice for improving future play? :)

Honestly, you were pretty good all things considered.

I think, given that you didn't have the chance to really be more active, being a little more engaged would have helped at times. Still, you were good about being in the right place at the right time for Town points. (Be warned, I'm probably going to pressure you more in the future. ;P ) As you get a feel for what it's like on the Town side, I think you could be top tier.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
From a mechanical perspective, I promised Murder a rant after the game, and he promised not to hate me forever for it, so here we go.

I think from an immediate perspective, the game was more balanced than I realized while playing it. (At first I thought it was absurdly scum-sided, then absurdly Town-sided) I think it's a bit swingy due to the number of PRs, like with any role-madness game, and slightly Town-sided, but it was fun playing it out.

That said, I think it does serve as an example of roles that unintentionally Conf-Town each other. (I.e. Prim's Backup role confirmed there was a Vig in the game, whereas Espi could have been pushed as an SK. Likewise it proved there was a Cop and a Tracker.)

Likewise, as Psych was railing about in the Dead Thread, the Roleblock obviously confirmed Backslash as Town. Giving a message to a roleblocked player isn't inherently bad, but it has to be balanced for as a major benefit to Town. It essentially confirms the existence and number of Roleblocks in the game, partially/mostly validates any claims of being Roleblocked, and confirms the alignment of anyone blocked by a person other than the Town Roleblocker.

It's not impossible for scum to make it work for them, since all you need to do is not Roleblock somebody and pretend to be roleblocked. (And hope a Watcher or Tracker can't call you out on a lie.) Still, it's largely a Pro-Town mechanic. Just a heads up.

Also, Lovers are notoriously inclined to trust each other because they don't want to die.

In effect, this could have made for six essentially hard-confirmed Town, plus two Lovers disinclined to lynch each other, plus a Doctor which is normally challenging to lynch albeit not impossible, plus whoever was confirmed by the Cop/Tracker/Backup. That's where most of the swing came from, and given better luck for Town, it could have ended up completely choking out scum with more than half the game confirmed. Thankfully, it didn't work that way in practice, but just noting it.

That aside, I really liked the balance in terms of scum getting slightly larger numbers to counter the number of PRs. It was also interesting to see a few roles come into play, such as the Backup.

All in all, it was a fun game, and I enjoyed playing in it. I'm not sure I want to play in the next one because I'm not able to deal with another Scrubs Mafia, and I'm scared of Doc after all that, but I dunno, could be a lot of fun.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heh.

Your fault for not being my scum buddy like you promised. ;)

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Randomness, just curious how I was conflating the math RE: MyLo? I was all ready to lie about it if needed, but I thought I was actually right about it. Nine times out of ten I think it would have been the right move, and beneficial for Town. This was just the one time we had a second night kill we'd been holding onto.

Also, WP mate. It was a lot of fun playing with/against ya, and I'm sorry about that knife in your back. (Blame Yugi. Seriously, he's the best scapegoat) Here's hoping we can be on the same team next time. :)

(In before Psych finally draws scum and kills me Night #1 :P )

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll be honest, Backslash, I was scumreading you legitimately for a bit, to the point I figured that if we had an SK, it was you. It was a short-lived phase, but I'll be honest, I'm probably going to be scared trying to read you in the future. XD

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, I just have to ask, do people seriously think I'm going to be hard defending a scum buddy so visibly as Frogue? ;P

Zet was probably the boldest I got that way.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply