Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Moth of Peace
Topic Started: Feb 13 2017, 07:03 PM (570 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sandra Dyer continued from The Latest Story That I Know is the One That I'm Supposed to Go Out With.))

Sandra had been woken by the creaking of the stairwell, her eyes opened to see a small figure climbing the stairs. As her drowsiness slowly left, she realized it was Alice. Sandra slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes. She followed behind Alice, climbing the stairs.

She reached the top as Alice sat down next to Bryony. Sandra stayed back, and stayed silent. She let the wind blow around her, shivering a bit as it did. She took a deep breath, and stepped forward.

The speakers crackled to life.

And then that voice came again. Sandra listened. More people were dead. More names that she would vaguely register, that would pass by leaving a small sting in her heart as the memories of once-or-twice acquaintances would-

"Irene Djezari was too slow on the draw and paid for it when Alvaro Vacanti put a bullet in her."

Sandra's eyes widened. She didn't really her the rest of the announcement, really. Irene was dead. She was really...

"Irene, you idiot..." Sandra muttered. She knelt, pulling her bag in front of her. She sniffled, opening the bag up and pulling the pot lid out.

She felt so useless right now. People were dying. Her friends were dying and she felt so powerless. Oh, sure, she'd found a friend. A good friend, but that was only one of many.

Too many.

She stared at the pot lid. This useless thing she'd been carrying around for no reason. What good was this thing? If she'd had a proper weapon... maybe... maybe she would have actually been able to save someone. Maybe everything up until now would have been different.

Sandra stood up.

And with a shout filled with rage, she threw the lid off the side of the tower as hard as she could.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra watched as the lid flew through the air and out of sight. Her rage dissipated as it died, replaced with an overwhelming resignation. She didn't know what to do now. Maybe she should have been happy finding Bryony. After all, it's not like she'd really run into any of her friends in the last few days. Other than Noah, of course. And Rene.

But then again, she wasn't with them anymore. Maybe she should go and try to find them again, before...

Sandra sighed.

"Yeah, Alice is right. Dead is dead, and there's nothing we can do for them now," Sandra said.

She didn't follow that up with anything for a few seconds.

"But..." she continued. She breathed in, then out again. "There are still people out there, there are still friends out there. It's not too late."

Sandra stood up again.

"It's not too late."

But what was the plan? Find her friends, yeah, but what then? Even if she could, how could she keep them safe from the people who wanted to hurt them? There were about three or four recurring names on the announcements. She didn't have anything that could help if one of those people decided to knock on their door.

"We need a weapon," she said quietly, almost subconsciously.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra didn't say anything in response to Bryony's question. She didn't have a good response to it, really. Looting the dead? It was unlikely that any killers would leave any weapons from their victims' loadouts. Robbing someone? And leaving them alive? Sandra didn't think she could get away with trying to rob a killer, or even someone trying to keep their weapon for self-defense. And if she couldn't, there was no way Alice or Bryony could.

There was of course, the third option, and the option that some of the others on the island had already undertaken. Sandra didn't want to think about it, not because it made her sick. Sandra was well past that point, as uncomfortable as that thought was. But she didn't need those negative thoughts to seep in while Bryony and Alice were still trying to stay positive.

Sandra sighed.

"I dunno, I dunno, but..." she said, her hands going into her pockets, "We can't just... we can't just do nothing."

The last word, nothing, had come out more like a growl than a word, and Sandra immediately looked away. She walked over to the other side of the tower, near the stairs, still in view of the other two girls.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Wait... did you say Alba?" Sandra said, after what was probably way too long. It took Sandra a while before it clicked in her brain. It didn't even register to her until Alice repeated it back to her.

Did Bryony run into Alba at some point on the island? No... wait, maybe Bryony had been friends with Alba before this. Sandra didn't know all of Bryony's friends, after all. But it was a stretch, even more of a stretch than Sandra and Bryony being friends, as much sense that analogy made.

But then, if Bryony had run into Alba during her time on the island.

"Did you run into her?" Sandra continued, turning back toward the two girls, and taking some slow steps toward them, "Where was she?"

Alba was here, and Alba was alive, because they hadn't said her name on the announcements. There was still... there was still something she could do.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra nodded as Bryony explained how she had run into Alba. She explained how Alba had run after Kimiko on the third day. Then, the fact that Alba was still alive...

Bryony was right though... they needed to find Alba. Now that Sandra knew she was here, she had a clear objective in mind to pursue.

She watched as Alice headed over to the stairs, and begin to walk down them.

"I guess we're leaving now, then," she said. She held her hand out to Bryony. "Come on, we can do this," she said, as reassuringly as possible. She flashed her a smile.

Things were going to be okay.

Sell it for Bryony. Because she herself wasn't really buying it.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Can You Hear Me Calling Out?))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Bell Tower · Next Topic »
Add Reply